Larry Page sings Motorola's praises, reiterates need for more durable phones
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2013, 17:53 posted on
Google has been very careful recently to try to turn around the expectations it set a while back in saying that the Motorola product line didn't "wow" the execs. Today, during Google's Q1 earnings call, Larry Page praised the work that Motorola has done over the past year, and reiterated his dream that phones be far more durable than they are now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. torr310 (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
The X Phone definitely is the most anticipated phone this year. Please don't make us wait no more!
15. vincelongman (Posts: 639; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I also really hope it lives up to the hype.
I am waiting to see the the X phone, New iPhone, Nexus 5 and the next Lumia flagship before I decide which phone to buy next
2. Sniggly (Posts: 6496; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I/O can't come soon enough.
Page, Motorola better not disappoint.
*spins around and stabs Mxy to the wall before he can utter a single, snarky word*
7. jcarrigan (unregistered)
haha you are my hero!
*Roundhouse kick to Mxy*
8. Sniggly (Posts: 6496; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Watch out what you say though. Phonearena didn't like my post and gave me a warning for it.
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3661; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I find it odd how Mxy is on nearly every Motorola article... He just seems more interested in what they're up to than any of us.
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Maybe he was an ex Moto user, or still likes Moto?
13. jcarrigan (unregistered)
haha i got one too. mxy can say all he wants but we get warnings. fine ill play by the rules
12. lyndon420 (Posts: 1642; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
He feeds off of all the attention regardless if its negative or positive. If we stop mentioning his / its name, maybe the posts will eventually stop.
14. jcarrigan (unregistered)
he who shall not be named! lol
20. Sniggly (Posts: 6496; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And there he is, Mr. Predictable. I knew you'd be here.
I believe it's my turn to say hook, line and sinker.
21. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Sure kid, if it makes you feel better.
3. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
just hope all manufacturers can make a Durable Premium Smartphone
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5649; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
All i care is for the google glass too be announced
5. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
If this phone is as good as I expected, I won't even have to wait for Nexus 5... Can't wait to see this. I/O feels like it's taking so long to get here.
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 664; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Cant wait for this year's Google I/O then, although I doubt Google/Moto will give us anything more powerful than the GS4, we will prob see something far more durable.
16. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
6 Months since a New Moto Phone has been released!
I really hope Moto brings something New like big battery, great specs, and very little bezel with the best durability.
Big Moto fan, still have and use my Xoom
19. jcarrigan (unregistered)
I never had a problem with the general hardware, my formaer moto phones(droid 2, droid x, and droid 3) were durable but the battery was incredibly weak and the software itself was screwed up and i would end up replacing a moto phone every 4-6 months.