Larger-screened Nokia Lumia models on the way?
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2013, 14:39 posted on
A published report on Saturday credits an anonymous source for passing along some information about upcoming Nokia Lumia models; these rumored handsets have one thing in common in that they are all large-screened models. This is definitely one of those times when you are going to need that container of Morton's salt next to you while you process this information...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
waiting for NOKIA WORLD.............!!! phablet phablet phablet........bring it on Nokki.......!!!
1080p, quad core..........woohoo. troll will surprise when Nokia World arrive and announce greatest Lumia.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lmfao 1080p quadcore cpu. Yea dream on! Those feautres will be only available on Wp9, which is next year 2014 july. Then Wp8 will be fragmented...
12. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
so what is wrong with it you were saying.....
15. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
The GGDR3 (or whatever you call it) update to WP8 supports 1080p and Quad core chips. That's in December.
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So this means you will need to buy a new phone!
So again Nokia users have been fooled and decieved twice....
34. volcano (Posts: 329; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
fooled and decieved twice for offering new phones with new hardware specifications Oo on what planet you live in :S
36. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
@troll, saying that is like saying anyone who bought any Android device before the gs4 has been fooled in a likewise manner. It's a generational upgrade, and Android is highly unlikely to go beyond 8 cores before 2015, if then, so WP will be caught up.
Accept the evolution, embrace the improvements, stop your spamming.
44. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But you can use GB apps on ICS and JB.
There's Custom ROMs and kernels Devs support. But you don't, won't get that on Wp®
62. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
Troll, you really don't anything about smartphones.
and by the way can Samsung S3 can be changed to 1080p phone? so u need to buy S4 for 1080,isn't it?
72. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well everyone knows that, that you will need a new device!
What I was referring to was when will ggddr3 will go active ota? Next year? Who knows maybe not. So it's Frag for Wp8 users. Wp9 might get launched.
66. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hmm how does this reply fits one here i cannot understand why you drag the custom roms in conversation really you lost your mind or really drunk
73. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wp7 users can't use Wp8 apps. GB ICS users can use JB apps by Rooting installing ROMs.®
77. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
how does it fits ur previous comments above u fail to make a point first then you instantly turn ur head to another thing what a hypocrate and their is no restriction for most of apps wp8 runs on wp7 not all ofcourse
78. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wp7 can't upgrade to Wp8
Gingerbread can to ICS to Jellybean
84. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ah that point well i am also thinking the same but the fact i see is their is reall y not huge differnce in UI and 80% of features wp8 is more power demanding then wp7 + their is no significant advantage for installing wp8 on wp7 devices as i cant run those high end games any way while both are prety smooth in performance
on Android yes ICS be upgraded to jellybean and it is must for you cuz jellybean is less laggy then ICS and UI is upgraded i used both SDKs while developing my last project apps
so whats valid on android is not always case for wp their is some differnce
52. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Nokia will most likely slim down into "Nokia Networks", and then Microsoft will pick-up the handset division and patents. No more cannon fodder for TROLL's endless spamming, at least not for Nokia ;o)
56. venka (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I have some questions for Mr Troll.
1. if Nokia fools their customer, then what do u call, all OEMs who makes android phones for each and every release they add more RAMs, More MPs in camera, Faster CPU with faster clock speed still laggy,. Istead of having more and more RAM size, why google doesnt optimize the usage of RAM, My ipad which has 512MB RAM never lags, But my Android phone which has 1GB RAM which always lags. So many apps occupies the RAM space which i have installed and not even opend.
2. Can we do a safest and secured bank transactions through any android device. i have read onle article which says banking in android device is not secured. Please google "Bank app users warned over Android security". the article is given in ITpro.co.uk
I am not against android. I like the features of android.
But monopoly in any form is not good for healthy environment
74. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wp8 is still a unfinished project! It's still halfbaked OS!
Why not we try putting JB ROM on Lumia920! Hell that would laaaaaag. Or on ios7! So once Wp10 reaches maturity when the project becomes a complete like JB then surely using 2013 specs on Wp10 would lag.
Enjoy the half project of Wp8, while Android enjoys all ready finished ICS full OS.
87. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I don't think a JB ROM would lag on a Lumia 920. The Galaxy S3 in the USA has the same Snapdragon SOC as the Lumia 920.
65. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol you thing 720P screens can transform into 1080p and dual core to quad core what plannet you come from making illogical statements are you mad man and where did users got deceived btw the specs are written on phones boxes clear enough and its not fake either dont know why on earth someone make a foolish statement like you did there
if not tell me how they decieved users
19. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Hey TROLL, come onnnnn learn to respect some great hardware + great software .... I learned that too! Android is good, i love to play with my friend's Sony Xperia Z, or my other friend's iPhone5, but i really really like Windows Phone too, share some respect mate :)
61. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
the only things which are fragmented are your brain and android.
75. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Again off topic JackhammerR. Stay on the subject or try to give or feed answers®
85. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
why you keep saying that no games no apps means = 0 and you are really dumb saying that while its not
2. papss (unregistered)
Hmm with being under the 725 name would that mean it's not a flagship?
37. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That would be my guess. 925 is the non-ZOOM flagship of the new generation (late 2013), as far as I understand it
3. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Nokia 1080. Pureview tech. 5.5in Display. Polycarbonate or Brushed aluminum chassis. Nokia Build quality. Sign me up!
6. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Nokia 5.5-6 inch phablet, Nokia's quality software apps plus proven pureview cameras with excellent sturdy build which the finns are known for = Hell yeah!
The ten inch tablet i hope runs the latest Windows 8.1/windows 8 pro and not RT
7. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 162; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
6 to 7 inch Phablet? Isn't 7 inches a tablet?
55. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 162; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
But it's a possibility is what I'm saying.
9. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Can't wait, i'm fine with 4.5" but i would love to use a bigger screened Lumia device, 5.2" is max for me at the moment.
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But 5inch will look like 5.7! Look at L920 it's the same size as the S4!
And it will be thick heavy and bulky brick™
20. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Jup i know, i actually really like the bezel and feel of my 920, personal preference's i guess, but hey! your opinion ;-)
32. papss (unregistered)
I agree.. I like a little meat on my phones lol.. I love the way my 920 feels and looks
41. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I completely understand you, everybody have there own preference's, that's what make's this world different, it would be boring if everybody liked the same etc etc ....
57. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I guess that TROLL doesn't believe that other people's opinions matter...only his ;o)
76. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Looks like your hands are oversized and not like everyone's average sized!
You must have hands like giant! What is your shoe size
13 or 58 ...
Again off topic! Was that the best you can do!
Try harder next time and answer with civility and wisely not like a little unmatured uneducated kids.
10. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you got to be joking :O i dont want big big sized phones just ones that i can carry in pocket and easily hold in one hand
11. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
They really should change the way they name their phones,these names are confusing.
39. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Repeat or different greens? I would love a dark olive green, especially if it came in a metallic look for the metal-bodied ones.
29. MEeee (Posts: 330; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Now Apple needs to get into phablets too so their fanboys will shut their mouth just like with LG, Sony, HTC and Nokia fanboys.
35. Cyberchum (Posts: 661; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Sometimes you just have to sit back and laugh at some people's immaturity, it just makes you realize
how much growing up they still have to do.
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like acquisition, speech of freedom, fanboys, fandroids, presumptions,
43. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Troll❕❗❗❕... Biggest WP fan here❕❗❕❗.. You might have had fun messing with the others, but you're not going to find it so much fun messing with me.. They've sent in the big guns now, and if you're stupid enough to go head to head with me then lets go for it.. Bring it on Troll❕❗.. I'm going to make your PA life miserable if you mess with me.. Go ahead❗
45. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's more like having a valid arguments and disputes, propositions
47. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Chill mate chilll, why can't we guys talk about how great our phones and technology is so farr, it's like world war three is here on PhoneArena, respect eachothers choices of what kind of OS and device they like,
Android: great OS, multitasking etc, best hardware available.
iOS, beautiful with the new iOS7.
Windows Phone, beautiful in it's own way etc, (currently WP8 user and loving it :) ).
BB10, a mix of all OS'es ....
MeeGo, best multitasking OS in my opinion...
Symbian, the father of all :)
Like i previous said, share some respect folkss :)
51. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Very well said and agree+10
68. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you cant do that +10 in one comment nah write it ten times :P
+1 from me
48. reten (Posts: 43; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
Ya bring it on Nokia
Honestly I don't like WP ,But I like competition .
54. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Android Nokia Lumia models coming? Nope? don't care then. Just learning about hardware gems I will never buy.