Lamborghini introduces Android for the moneyed set
0. phoneArena 09 Jun 2012, 00:54 posted on
Luxury auto maker Lamborghini is offering in Russia three handsets including two featurephones and one Android powered smartphone; in addition, the Italian car manufacturer is lending its prestigious name to an Android flavored tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Excellent choice for iPhone lovers!
2. mercorp (Posts: 998; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Why get a good-looking phone that is impractical,when you can get a good-looking phone (while not having luxury materials)like the htc one x or s that are also practical at much lower prices?
24. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
My grandparents came from there, and to this day they laught at the idiocy of some of the people there, mostly the elite crowd. It's no different than the U.S., just that the Russian elite don't mind showing wealth and are not scared to do it. I saw some correspondence a while back from over there from some relatives and I laughed, as every 16-32 year old male is driving a Japanese import, and they all have dragons and wild Asian graphics on them, like it was "Fast and Furious" or something. Chicks like gaudiness over there, though, LOL.
4. nyuvo (Posts: 72; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I'm waiting for the Ferrari edition with android 2.2 Froyo
5. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Doesn't even look good in my opinion.
25. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
The smartphone looks like a gold-plated Casio Commando.
And just like it, I'm sure the build is great, but the UI is garbage.
6. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
..........wow. those specs are bad by most standards.
7. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
outdated but certainly high class I guess this solves the premium feel problem that apple sheep's talk about android calling stuff like the sgs3 plasticity and cheap. I hope Lamborghini have a quad core in mind for the future Lol
10. quakan (Posts: 1319; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Your Apple rant/segment was completely irrelevant.
8. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
apple boys say sgs3 is cheap not me just clarification
26. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I'm not an Apple guy, but my opinion is the SGIII feels cheap for the price.
I just don't understand what it is all you guys see in Samsung.
35. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
i was quite surprised that the SGS3 feels premium, having been a fan of HTC, i wasn't really that impressed by samsung's finishes, the SGS2 feels rather too plasticky, but when i held the SGS3 for the first time, i was pleasantly surprised.. i even like it more than the One X..
9. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I guess that these phones are hiding to middle east since these pics show they has Arabic letters printed over the keys....
15. Luuthian (Posts: 235; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Maybe that explains the absolutely horrible specs...
20. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
*heading .....and Luuthian :how is that ?
11. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
It's gotta have a hexacore and other overkill specs to get priced that high.
12. Osman (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Waste of Technology!!! they should invest this money on some Cellphone company to make better cellphones!
16. Luuthian (Posts: 235; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I bet Lamborghini customers can hardly wait to part with $3000 for two year old tech.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i will never understand how they make these "ultra expencive" phones with really shiity internal components.
"look at me! i have a gold plated brand new phone that has parts from 2006!! Im special!!"
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
The same as Apple and customers are the same as iPhone users just with bigger budget.
30. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the insides of these phones make an iphone look down right high tech. thats saaaaaad.
18. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Oh come on, who would people spend that much money just for a luxury phone? This is insane, rich people are rich because they know how to save.
23. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Yeah, but in Russia, they don't. Gaudy excess is HUGE. And, the class system is now seperating more rapidly there. The old guard and the elite in Russia just keep pocketing more. Plus, a big status symbol over there is women. Some of these cats might be sideloading money in the bank account, but they still got a lot, and some of it goes to keep their ten-year-plus younger "sidekicks" happy. Trust me.
28. jed27 (Posts: 65; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
rich kids are rich because their daddies are rich,
31. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
their parents knew how to save because they built the empire. the kids grew up with the golden spoon and just know how to spend... well most of them anyways. some actually are good at the business.
19. JunitoNH (Posts: 1400; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Wow!!! I never thought I would ever see the day of an Android device not made of plastic, keep up the good work Sammy.
29. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Beautiful phone, looks like something that would come from a Stargate SG1 show.
32. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
All of that money and Lamborghini is incapable of creating a more high-end smartphone and tablet. That's excluding how terrible those products look.
33. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Its too poshy and too elegant for me. Not my type. i Would prefer something simple yet good looking like my adorable Wildfire S.
36. Mazdajdavis (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
People act like just because its pricey it should have a quad core processor and 5 gigs of ram, while i agree the specs are just sad and its point less to have those kind of specs in a phone like that. In the sceam of things Prossers and ram from china are cheap compared to safire crystal screens and hand made gold and crocodile cell phone body's nothing like that is coming out of china thats what your paying for. Plus if you got the pockets for that i dont think it would be much of a problem to have one made up with just about whatever specs you wanted.