LTE enabled Apple iPhone coming in 2012?
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2011, 09:13 posted on
Apple is expected to finally join with HTC, Samsung, LG and Motorola as manufacturers that offer LTE enabled phones; the Cupertino based firm is expected to finally rollout a LTE powered Apple iPhone some time in 2012 according to DigiTimes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
The hype starts weeks after the phone release.
iHate iHype so much.
iSHEEP!!!! IT"S OVERPRICED CRAP!!!
14. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
what is more sheepish?
-people buying a phone they like every year or two and using for normal phone features
-fandroids FLOCKING to every apple related article TIME AFTER TIME to post the EXACT SAME SENTIMENTS
im leaning toward the second one.
18. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 421; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
i get a new phone almost every year.... but heres the difference...
each phone i get is a phone thats atop the phone food chain.
you guys run out every year and buy outdated s**t. s**t that i had in my phone 2 phones ago.
20. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4848; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah that sounds about right. You can take it further & say the same exact phone only with Siri!
23. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
And the "new" phone you buy every year is almost the exact same as what you had with a minor spec bump.
You sound like a sheep
28. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Are you suggesting a Droid, Thunderbolt and Galaxy Nexus are the same device?
29. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
They're very similar yes. Same operating system with minor differences in camera processor etc. just because you change the casing doesn't make it revolutionary.
That's another funny thing about droidbots. They bash Apple users for getting the same phone while their favorite company does the same thing.
32. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Seriously? You look at a 2009 Droid, a 2011 Thunderbolt and the Galaxy Nexus and see very similar devices? The only thing they have in common is a touchscreen.
Oh, and the only similarity that matters to you... they're all a Not iPhone.
39. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Shows what he knows about android.
He's so focused on the iPhone he doesn't even sound like he's touched android devices before.
42. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
2009 droid to todays androids are not anymore of a jump than 3GS to iPhone 4S
43. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Except for shape, size and function (from physical qwerty to Swype), sure. No major changes.
45. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
huge increases in processing power, screen size, camera quality (which used to be complete crap), loads of new features that NO phone has ever had before,stability increases, reduced fragmentation by far, on and on and on.
yup.. exept for all that and much more, it hasnt changed.
without android to copy from apple would still be on version 2.0
46. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Exactly what I was saying. Knows nothing about android.
The significant difference in just the user interfaces almost completely changes the experience in each phone. You might think so what if the UI LOOKS different the operations are all the same, well then you're saying that all phones are the same because the functions are the same, calling, texting, internet browsing, media, etc.
2. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Really, this is not news. News would be if Apple announced the iPhone 5 will NOT have LTE and that it would have to wait until 2013.
4. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I think the 2 biggest expectations for the i5 at this point are LTE/HSPA+ and a minimum 4 inch screen.
of course, right now, our resident ifans will tell you neither is needed, but when it happens, they will act like the cell world was just reinvented.. lol.
Better stop these rumors or its going to kill apples Q1 2012 performance.. :)
9. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I'm hoping for a 3.7 to 3.9 inch screen. Its got to look classy and that just isn't possible with a 4+ inch screen.
11. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I had worked out last year - back when we thought the iPhone 5 was coming this year - that Apple could push the screen size to 4.0" and keep the same pixel density without increasing the phone size much. They just have to stop using the current 3:2 shape and switch to a modern 16:9.
Compare the EVO Design to the IP4... they can do it.
10. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
First of all, my biggest HOPES are: re-design, LTE, larger screen, larger battery (and battery management) to keep up with these new features, and something no-one has thought of that will blow every one away.
Second of all, Not sure what my EXPECTATIONS are. Really, this is a pushed product. They aren't gathering requirements from a customer and designing to those requirements. Our EXPECTATION is that Apple will release a quality product that is competitive with or surpasses current devices.
Third of all, stop acting like taco50 and fueling his lame flame.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im not fueling anything. Taco and I have that Q1 2012 bet. I love i5 rumors because they only help me win the bet. The better the rumor, the more people hold off buying an i4s and wait for the i5. :)
24. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I think very soon you will realize what a big mistake you've made.
25. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the board will be very quiet without you, but i doubt anyone will think it was a "mistake". lolol
26. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
is the bet all about iPhone 4s vs SGS2 or Apple vs Samsung sales for smartphones?
if it's about iPhone 4s vs SGS2, i don't think Samsung will come close, I can predict that iP4s will still top the charts up until Q2 next year.
As for Apple vs Samsung smartphone sales, Apple has 3 models and Samsung has a ton of them, so I guess Apple can't outsell Samsung..
27. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It's Apple vs Samsung all smartphone sales.
Apple has been outselling them. Last quarter was the first where Samsung had more.
Arcq the amount of times your info is incorrect is rivaled only by remix our resident village idiot.
30. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
well, i guess you're the idiot because at this point, non of us are correct, all of us are just predicting..
but i still think that this is gonna be a close fight, because this is the first time that apple will have 3 models at the same time..
35. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it will be a close fight, someone is going to edge out the other. its manufacturer vs manufacturer. Samsung just edged out Apple who just recently took the top spot from Nokia so its anyones game.
The only constant is that there is no constant.
51. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Could you clarify what you mean by, "...this is the first time that apple will have 3 models at the same time.."
- 1st time the iPhone is on 3 carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint)
- 1st time the iPhone comes in 3 flavors (16GB, 32GB, 64GB)
- 1st time there are 3 models? (3GS, 4, 4S) If this last one was your intention, not true, there was 3G, 3GS, 4 previously. Granted, you could argue that the current 3 are more viable options than the previous 3.
I'll predict you meant both of my first 2 bullets...that it's on 3 carriers being the biggest factor.
41. cnwwyo (Posts: 126; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I thought u were the village idiot? maybe village joto?
52. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if you have ever tried to tell someone that was mentally disabled that they are infact mentally disabled for the first time in their life? they never believe you. Same principal with taco. He doesnt realize just how "special" he is. To him everyone else is disabled and he is normal.
3. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I'll be perusing these "rumors," but the main thing I want to know is when this iPhone 5/6/2.0 will release.
AT&T First-adopter iPhone 4 owners will be up for upgrade in Feb 2012. I'll be ready May 2012.
Will I wait til June for an announcement? Probably.
Will I wait for September 2012? Not likely. ICS may be too enticing at that time.