LG's and Samsung's Display divisions will sort out their differences outside court
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2013, 05:49 posted on
LG and Samsung, or rather their respective Display divisions, have been exchanging kicks and punches in court since quite a while, but it seems that both companies have had enough of this...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cezarepc (Posts: 575; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
You have to look deeper into Korean culture to understand that the betterment of their country comes first and foremost among Koreans.
2. schinnak (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
yeah - thats how its done among civilised companies and speaks volume about their culture.
Something lacking in a certain US company.
When they name a company after a fruit and try to patent it - what else can you expect???
7. tedkord (Posts: 4954; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
After stealing that name from a music company themselves. Then, promising that music company they would never go into music sales in exchange for the right to use the name, the n selling music.
No honor among fruits.
4. piyath (Posts: 151; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Admirable for sure.. A lesson to Apple I think.
5. Ray.S (Posts: 260; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
... Or maybe they have both stolen from each other and determined that it'd be cheaper to just sort things out off-court.
6. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Maybe they have maybe they haven't but it shows that each company would rather not waste money on court
8. tedkord (Posts: 4954; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Then they were mature enough to realize that, and it would still be a lesson for certain other firms.
14. roscuthiii (Posts: 1843; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
One went the AMOLED route, the other went the LCD route. Two different technologies. What exactly would they stealing from each other here?
10. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
SONY created OLED display first then samsung stole it and called it AMOLED. What a stealer..
11. sonyisdead (banned) (Posts: 30; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
AMOLED is a type of OLED you retard
12. sonyisdead (banned) (Posts: 30; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Also, Sony didn't create the OLED display. It was Kodak and Sanyo.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is expected that fandroids will applaud this way of solving things... but they are still fighting amongs themslves and until they sorted out.. we can't judge... i side with LG on this one... due to the track record fo Sammy of stealing
16. R-vjn (Posts: 162; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
I prefer the IPS LCD with its natural looking colors and better whites than the super saturated AMOLEDS..!