LG's and Samsung's Display divisions will sort out their differences outside court
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Feb 2013, 05:49
LG and Samsung, or rather their respective Display divisions, have been exchanging kicks and punches in court since quite a while, but it seems that both companies have had enough of this...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cezarepc posted on 04 Feb 2013, 06:27 10 0
You have to look deeper into Korean culture to understand that the betterment of their country comes first and foremost among Koreans.
2. schinnak posted on 04 Feb 2013, 06:37 3 1
yeah - thats how its done among civilised companies and speaks volume about their culture.
Something lacking in a certain US company.
When they name a company after a fruit and try to patent it - what else can you expect???
7. tedkord posted on 04 Feb 2013, 08:22 3 0
After stealing that name from a music company themselves. Then, promising that music company they would never go into music sales in exchange for the right to use the name, the n selling music.
No honor among fruits.
5. Ray.S posted on 04 Feb 2013, 07:54 2 8
... Or maybe they have both stolen from each other and determined that it'd be cheaper to just sort things out off-court.
6. taz89 posted on 04 Feb 2013, 08:17 1 0
Maybe they have maybe they haven't but it shows that each company would rather not waste money on court
8. tedkord posted on 04 Feb 2013, 08:24 2 0
Then they were mature enough to realize that, and it would still be a lesson for certain other firms.
14. roscuthiii posted on 04 Feb 2013, 18:54 0 0
One went the AMOLED route, the other went the LCD route. Two different technologies. What exactly would they stealing from each other here?
10. kobainez posted on 04 Feb 2013, 09:27 1 9
SONY created OLED display first then samsung stole it and called it AMOLED. What a stealer..
12. sonyisdead (banned) posted on 04 Feb 2013, 11:30 5 0
Also, Sony didn't create the OLED display. It was Kodak and Sanyo.
15. gallitoking posted on 05 Feb 2013, 00:44 3 2
is expected that fandroids will applaud this way of solving things... but they are still fighting amongs themslves and until they sorted out.. we can't judge... i side with LG on this one... due to the track record fo Sammy of stealing
16. R-vjn posted on 05 Feb 2013, 06:33 0 0
I prefer the IPS LCD with its natural looking colors and better whites than the super saturated AMOLEDS..!