LG's Q Voice coming to those who speak English, in first half of 2013
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2012, 21:07 posted on
LG's answer to Siri, S Voice and Google Now is known in Korea as Quick Voice but after a Berlitz course in English, the feature will have the shortened moniker of Q Voice and will be available for those speaking English in the first half of next year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i am not sure why each manufacturer insists on having a home-grown system when the google one is already good… i feel it would be better to spend resources on updating devices so that they can have the latest products google already spent the time on and delivers for free
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
tell me about it... they have a clear winner on their hands and all they do is waste resources into building one when they
1. do no posses a search engine
2. no do posses a knowledge base
3. need to rely on 3rd party sites and sources
Google search and now should have been a call to all manufacturers to "stop playing search engine on android" ... and leave that to the heavy guns.
if they want to improve what Google has to offer then submit features and code Google could use to improve its offering instead of competing against it
on a side note... man that app looks ugly
7. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i know.. with stupid sense on my one x i dont even have a way to easily access anything voice related… i really hate the skins that cover android
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
you do not have the voice search widget? D: I kinda hate sense tho
11. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ya i have it.. but not on my homepage because it looks ugly… i mean there is no hold-down homebutton like there is on iphone-- it needs an access from everywhere sort of button
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
well search was that button for ya.... but hen all of a sudden they decided hardware "soft keys" where a great idea.
you may wanna try wave launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilemerit.wavelauncher&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLm1vYmlsZW1lcml0LndhdmVsYXVuY2hlciJd)
14. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ya i like universal search buttons-- i especially love the way windows phone does it-- and i hate software keys a lot, but that is preference
and ill try the launcher thanks
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
software keys will improve with time, for example search is swipe up from home button on the nexus(4.1) from any screen, I personally didn't like HTC's approach, they should have used on screen keys or a regular array instead of this new one.
I'd like some feedback regardless, it helps me recommend apps to people :D
16. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
wave launcher is good (i dont like the look too much but its extremely functional)-- i still would prefer stock though
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
yeah, app needs more polish in terms of its interface. I heard there is a ICS rewrite going on(nothing official yet), maybe it improves with an ICS look and feel. thanks for the feedback :D
5. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yup. LG has some pretty good hardware but OS updates takes forever. Ask the Optimus 2X who got official Gingerbread just last December. If they can out OS updates faster than the competition it sure is a selling point.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Linux CEO is right!! Thumb down to all OEM!!! Nexus FTW!!!