LG working on first Windows Phone 8 device, hasn't decided to release it though
0. phoneArena 12 Jul 2013, 08:54 posted on
LG has been one of the manufacturers on the rise in the Android ecosystem. The Optimus G has sold well around the world, and of course LG was the manufacturer of the Nexus 4, and is rumored to be making the Nexus 5 as well. But, the company may be looking beyond Android and towards Windows Phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9339; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm pretty sure when WP8 supports 1080p screen res. and Snapdragon 600, LG is going to jump ship and make a WP8 flagship phone. In terms of competing with Nokia, if they can take the camera from their new rumored device and challenge them, I think they'll have a fair shot in the WP8 world.
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
That is expected with Windows Phone 8 GDR3, which should be out later this year.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9339; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I know, which is why I'm curious to see how everything will plan out in Q3 and Q4.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9339; Member since: 14 May 2012)
But it's a fact. Nokia dominates WP8 as Samsung dominates Android.
6. Kriksis (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
No it's not...
IF WP then no other choice but NOKIA
17. Johnnokia (Posts: 607; Member since: 27 May 2012)
When it comes to WP, it means Nokia and only Nokia
8. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sorry but Nokia dominate WP so if LG released a WP I don't see it doing well...
16. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Why? If LG would make a better phone than lumia and marketing it a lot, show some features that nokia don't have, better build quality(lg has better quality, just look on nexus 4 or optimus g). LG has a chance to bite off Nokia's share in WP, but only if LG tries really hard.
18. Johnnokia (Posts: 607; Member since: 27 May 2012)
LG can produce better quality than Nokia ???.
Drunk from early morning or what ??
22. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Every time I compare nexus 4 or optimus g to a lumia phone, lg wins. Glass feels more premium than plastic(polycarbonate).
21. Alex123 (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
It sounds so funny that LG can make better phone than Nokia. Nokia would be number one in the world if use both WP and Android. I don't know how LG sells it product but in my country almost one one use LG. if android they go to Samsung & HTC, WP they go to Nokia
9. Moogle (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
You guys ran this story a week ago, genius.
"LG making a Windows Phone 8 handset?"
10. Odiin (Posts: 323; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
"Windows will pick up going ahead, as Microsoft is pumping efforts into it"
Noway! "Windows will pick up going ahead, as Nokia is pumping efforts into it."
19. Johnnokia (Posts: 607; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I wanted to write the same ... well done brother.
11. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
So they release a LG WP8, don't market it, don't aggressively price it making the LG flop against the barrage of Nokia's. LG will just say there is no demand for WP8 and call it a day.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
You're right bout that. Why think Sony Samsung stop making WP8? Sales n not enough demand.
12. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I could see LG making a qwerty WP8 slider and actually standing out from the pack. LG's keyboards have been top notch, and with HTC not making a new Touch Pro, there's an opening in the market.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Looks better than the lumias to me.....just put it in white lg
14. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Dude that's an optimus G with a WP8 screen stuck on......
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3017; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You beat me to it. They even forgot to remove the on screen Android buttons.
23. sam.7 (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
nokia is the king here in windows no matter what comes!
when android took first step in the world,it was samsung who adopted nor others so samsung is the top. so here Nokia going to rule!