LG to skip Android 4.3 and update many of its devices to Android 4.4
0. phoneArena 19 Jan 2014, 04:47 posted on
Our connected reader has just sent us some information pertaining to LG and the Korean OEM's work on updating its lineup to Android 4.4. According to our tipster, many of LG's devices will be going straight to Android 4.4, skipping right over Android 4.2 and Android 4.3 in most cases. Among the models not getting an update is the LG Optimus 4X HD...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DONUT (Posts: 326; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
if this is true, it would be great news. LG would seems to be slowly getting their updates in order
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If this is true, then this means that LG is really listening to their customers which is a good thing. If LG keep on doing this, many people will buy LG phones for sure.
71. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I already switched my Tablet from a Galaxy Tab to a G-Pad, so I think you just may be right.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Because LG want to surprise their customers.
6. Ezio2000 (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
I became suprized but after a lot insuting!!!!!!
7. anika22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
How About LG OPTIMUS L5 II? When Will it get the Kitkat update?
34. Ezio2000 (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
you are very optimist L5 II has a single core and you expect 4.4 ?
42. anika22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Yes Because Kitkat support a 512 MB of Ram and Run Smooth and fast ? So What's the Matter?
88. duMaurier (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
Did you steal that LG Optimus L5 II from a hobo? a dead hobo? LOL KitKat on a single core + 512MB..That's too funny.
41. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
man if only he wasnt racist, id support his trolling efforts, theres only 1 thing i hate more than an i sheep like the victim in this trolling, and thats a Racist. so DUDEEE, stop the racist BS n i wont report u too, deal?
45. slyhounddog (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
Wow. He really is the reason we can't have nice things.
What about the lg g2? It just updated to 4.2.2!
48. bustinjustin (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Are sure the lg f3 will get kit kat 4.4
59. ihavenoname (Posts: 1576; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
darkkjedi is good guy, Darkjedi is troll without life.
60. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
i think the troll jus got booted, the comments have been trimmed
62. ihavenoname (Posts: 1576; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Well, now he is gone. Hopely he will come never back.
61. darkkjedii (Posts: 14375; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Appreciate that man. I'm not a racist hateful person in any way shape or form. Husband father, employee techie. That's it.
65. Topcat488 (Posts: 1191; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
bustinjustin just joined with these three post... Please don't be that person that just got banned, and used to be banned, who had names like "Troll" or "Darkjedi" and so. But if you really are a "NEW" commentator I WELCOME YOU. Welcome to PA... :)
66. ihavenoname (Posts: 1576; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Yeah, sorry for that guy, bustinjustin.
64. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
lol a racist one is where the straw breaks the camels back for reporting for me personaly, but i think he will be back sadly. but on a lighter note we got Footbal today!!!! im making Waffles!!!
68. Avenger827 (Posts: 46; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Great news, at least one manufacturer still cares for their users, unlike HTC....
78. mrbtree98 (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
yes lg are updating their phones and that's great as i'm a former owner of an optimus black but notice how the optimus 4x hd which shares the same ap33 tegra 3 as the one x is no longer getting updates. they're updating what they can and so is htc.
69. bustinjustin (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Do u guys no the lg f3 4.4 when it might be released
70. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Sweet, can't wait for my G-Pad to hit 4.4, I already have it on my Moto and I love it!
72. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Hey Samsung. Doesn't this sound like a FREAKIN' great idea!!!
Oh, and the 4.3 keyboard on the Note 2 sucks! Why on earth would they make the keyboard smaller. Thank goodness for Kii Keyboard.
73. 1701nino (unregistered)
Well if you wory about updates ,buy a nexus phone like i did, i used to own an xperia p,thought that midrange phone will be officialy supported for years(boy was i wrong),now i'm on 4.4.2 with my nexus 4,love stock android.
74. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
You're lucky. I'm lucky. We live in countries where we can easily buy a nexus phone with a click of a mouse at a low price. Unfortunately, many members on this site live in countries where google play is not available for phone purchase or even when they're available, they're super expensive.
75. TheNewsHQ (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
And what's with the LG G2??? Why isn't in the list?
76. residualhatred (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 May 2012)
Yes baby, Im a current owner of the LG Optimus F3. Cant wait to see Kit Kat on this phone.
79. Adrian38 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
I find it odd that the Optimus G isn't on that list. It's more than capable of running 4.4
80. Ezio2000 (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
previous post says optimus g and optimus g pro get 4.4
81. amnhacvn (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
Why I don't see VU2 LG F200K in list update upper.
Can F200K to update version 4.4?
87. asialove (Posts: 45; Member since: 19 Jan 2010)
Optimus G, Project code: j, Is in that list.
The Screen shot comes from a decoded LGCamera.APK, which runs on Android 4.4 OS, that is why Phonearena said LG to Skip Android 4.3
83. aaaeeejjj (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
Lg optimus f5-most affordable smartphone that supports LTE. Really Lg not plans to update this smartphone?
86. asialove (Posts: 45; Member since: 19 Jan 2010)
F5 is in that map, Someone has not send it to Phonera.
84. paulssanto (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jan 2014)
I really hope this is not a big let down. LG Optimus F3 just got an update not to long ago that was supposed to be a part of a two or three update series. They said because it was to big to send at once. Well the first installment was more bloat and stuff for the hearing impaired. Then nothing. I guess we wait, but it would be nice to see something besides this article that I've been staring at for 3 days praying!!
85. asialove (Posts: 45; Member since: 19 Jan 2010)
Hi, The leak is not from UA Profile.
No evidence yet LG will push the Android 4.4 update for these devices
The screenshot comes from a hacked LG App.
89. a121232 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
What about LG GK F220K??? It's newer than Vu II :(
90. collegefella (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Today Got Software Update Notification On My Lg Optimus Vu2 and hopes it would be 4.4.x