LG to show off this week, a 5 inch OLED panel that is both flexible and unbreakable
0. phoneArena 20 May 2013, 01:36 posted on
At the Society for Information Display's annual show that started on Sunday, LG Display will be showing off a new unbreakable and flexible 5- inch plastic OLED panel for mobile devices; having an unbreakable display is becoming more and more important to consumers who need to be able to take their smartphone anywhere without worrying that one false move will lead to shattered glass...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkskoliro (Posts: 834; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Okay, so if you use this panel the touch still works and you dont need a glass cover?
More info Allen!
2. emadshiny (Posts: 980; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
flexible is not interesting but unbreakable is coooool
3. dexter_jdr (Posts: 888; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
must implement a non-glass-displayed phone
7. pyradark (Posts: 687; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
we have flexible scree,
now where is the other flexible hardware???
the phone will not run without a flexible battery, even the board itself
13. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
uhhh, if you put all the hardware at the bottom of the device and only have the screen sticking out of it, you dont need all flexible hardware. The screen could roll up around the nonflexible hardware.
9. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1026; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Not pair this with water/dust proof and a tiny bezel and we will have a winner.
10. XXXperia (unregistered)
so washing machine company did what they promised.Now what about plastic company...?
11. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Yah the top2 profitmakers in android are doing good.. they both now have the flexible display technology
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1616; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
In my eyes this is a game changer whoever gets this to sale first may even take control of the Android arena just like Samsung are doing now...
14. XaErO (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Flexible, Unbreakable and almost No Bezel .. It's Awesome !!
Hoping to be implemented in next generation smartphones !!
15. DHILLON_ARSH (Posts: 66; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
FLEXIBLE PHONES...!!!MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD BUT
FLEXIBLE TABLETS WILL BE INTRESTING