LG to make its own system-on-chip designs
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Dec 2012, 06:01
These days it's best to control as much as you can of the device production process. According to an article in the Korea Times, LG is prepping up to make yet another move in this direction, by starting to create their own chip designs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 03 Dec 2012, 06:15 4 1
I think is smart from LG.
Making chips will help you optimise hardware and software which SS and Apple understand very well.
2. pokharkarsaga posted on 03 Dec 2012, 06:35 4 0
Great move by LG.they are trying to give serious competition to Galaxy S4. Even Sony,HTC should try taking this way.
3. TylerGrunter posted on 03 Dec 2012, 07:07 4 1
I seriously hope they don't use the Mali-T604 GPU, when the Mali-T624 GPU is there already for the taking with a similar die size and 50% of performance increase.
4. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 03 Dec 2012, 16:17 1 0
I hope they will use the latest PowerVR graphics.
But I guess it's unlikely.