LG to acquire webOS from HP
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Feb 2013, 03:39
webOS will find a new home with LG as the Korean manufacturer plans to breathe new life into the platform...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. shy2papa posted on 25 Feb 2013, 03:43 1 2
Wow if Lg takes its time and develops webOS it will be an OS to recon with :)
3. shahulvm posted on 25 Feb 2013, 05:25 2 0
Looks like Korean manufactures have a clear backup plan, both LG and Samsung will now have Web OS and Tizen respectively..
A safe move, indeed they can keep their own identity in addition to their revenue from Android & Windows OS.
4. rusticguy posted on 25 Feb 2013, 06:34 3 2
So next would be LG Vs Samsung Vs Google. Good .. too much of Android dependance can be dangerous because Android is Privatized Linux ... come thumb me down :)
5. parkwaydr posted on 25 Feb 2013, 10:17 1 2
Come on lg bring web os back. I would spend my money on that.
6. VZWuser76 posted on 25 Feb 2013, 13:25 0 0
Something everyone seems to be missing here is that LG plans to use it for their smart tvs. Nothing was said about them using it as a mobile OS. I was hopeful when I clicked on the link that that's what their plan was. It's still possible that they may go down that road someday, but for now it looks like it will be strictly for tvs.
7. Glim12808 posted on 26 Feb 2013, 04:31 0 0
LG pays MS for every Android device they make. With them now owning the OS, they don't have to pay anyone anything.