LG to acquire webOS from HP
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2013, 03:39 posted on
webOS will find a new home with LG as the Korean manufacturer plans to breathe new life into the platform...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. shy2papa (Posts: 209; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Wow if Lg takes its time and develops webOS it will be an OS to recon with :)
3. shahulvm (Posts: 116; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Looks like Korean manufactures have a clear backup plan, both LG and Samsung will now have Web OS and Tizen respectively..
A safe move, indeed they can keep their own identity in addition to their revenue from Android & Windows OS.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So next would be LG Vs Samsung Vs Google. Good .. too much of Android dependance can be dangerous because Android is Privatized Linux ... come thumb me down :)
5. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Come on lg bring web os back. I would spend my money on that.
6. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1598; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Something everyone seems to be missing here is that LG plans to use it for their smart tvs. Nothing was said about them using it as a mobile OS. I was hopeful when I clicked on the link that that's what their plan was. It's still possible that they may go down that road someday, but for now it looks like it will be strictly for tvs.
7. Glim12808 (Posts: 393; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
LG pays MS for every Android device they make. With them now owning the OS, they don't have to pay anyone anything.