LG takes shot at Samsung with new name for the LG Optimus LTE
0. phoneArena 15 Apr 2012, 15:34 posted on
By changing the name of its phone to the Optimus True HD LTE, LG is taking a shot at its fellow countryman Samsung, whose HD panels use pentile screens unlike LG; the latter believes that Samsung's screens offer poorer color saturation and energy efficiency...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Don't care I still think Samsung pwns LG. Samsung all the way.
18. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
@eaxvac You don't even keep up to date with news do you? So ignorant you'd see clearly why I made that statement if you even knew what I was talking about.
Samsuck? Is that suppose to be original?
20. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
That is the pot calling the kettle black. geekmovement, you're being a hypocrite -- it's okay for you to criticize someone else but it's not okay for someone to critize YOU.
Guess what, geekmovement your poo stinks like the rest of us.
21. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Let's be honest, your post doesn't make any sense, ardent1 (and never did in any other articles anyway).
I never said people weren't allowed to criticize my COMMENTS (I do not criticize PEOPLE, only comments in reply to mine that makes absolutely no sense at all) unlike you who I guess criticize directly the person, hm..
When did I say it is not ok for others to criticize my comments? They can criticize all they'd like, I'll just make a reply to it if I want. So stop being a hero for the ignorant.
26. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
People like you eaxvac are the reasons why some people dislike Apple so much. You are a brainwashed trolling fanboy who acts like a little child who thinks he's the coolest kid in school. Grow up kid and stop bashing everything else just because Apple tells you to. Grow a pair and be your own person.
22. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
PEOPLE PLEASE READ !!!!!
what lg has mentioned is FACT & CORRECT.
if u compare galaxy s2's super amoled + to galaxy s's super amoled only.
U will see a big time difference, its because of same reason subpixels are rgb vs rg- gb, so there is no denying this fact , IPS panel made by LG have TRUE HD, BUT OLED HAS OTHER BETTER COLOR WHEN DISPLAYING COMBINATIONS OD DARK AND LIGHT SHADES TOGETHER.
so facts are.
1. whites are better on lg
2. blanks are better on oled.
but galaxy s3 with true oled hd, will be possibly the best display of all time.
2. medicci37 (Posts: 1181; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
"LG doesn't consider Samsung's oled panels to be true high definition" Well by that logic, I don't know how any1 can consider LG phones to be true smartphones.
23. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
band joke.,.. lg phones are good value for money... i own a galaxy s2 and lg thrill 4g, both are good but no dening galaxy s2 is better mainly bcoz of its browser....
is it possible to posrt galaxy s2's browser on other androids..?
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I'm excited to see how the Optimus 4X fares in comparison to upcoming quad cores!
4. Dutch1 (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
LG, stick to making ovens, refrigerators and microwaves. The GS III is going to wipe the floor with the Optimus.
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And another iBenedictus fanboy.....
5. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Human eyes can't tell the different SAMOLED HD is fine to me.
9. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Oh a blind guy & a samsuck fanboy for the asians
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Oh a dum guy & a eyefg$ fanboy for the ??????
19. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
LG is also from Asia, just FYI... from the exact same country if I might also add.
What a retard.
24. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
go and see the differene first... there is some.. why dont u see the difference between galaxy s and s2, s2 has soled+ with rgb s only has soled with rg gb
6. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
Samsung's reply: "Come at me bro". Lol.
15. TBONEraca (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
afterall samsug,s displays are still more gorgeus to look at.
16. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
The LG nitro HD had an amazing screen, to be honest it was nicer than the galaxy s2 an the iPhone screen.
17. scummins07 (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Im glad to see LG finally trying to get back into the smartphone war! Too bad they give Verizon their low end devices, I wouldn't mind checking out their phones. As far as displays I believe my HTC Rezound still holds onto the best pixles per inch, but too bad I have to keep the brightness at the lowest to even keep my battery going for half a day. But I have to say all the newer displays are looking pretty enticing!
27. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
Samsung's HD displays although PenTile, makes no diff..at that PPI, u cant really tell the difference.. so yea..but im fine with both LG and Samsung's displays
30. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Man I don't know why people dog on LG so much, I mean yea they haven't released anything like the galaxy series, but they have potential, just look at the g2x, its a good phone
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
this is a LG vs. Samsung fight and Apple retina display has nothing to do with this so fandroid please keep it within Android... go LG
32. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Ya know, you could reply to whomever that comment was meant for, so it doesn't look like your just rambling for no reason at all, just a thought...