LG sources tip the existence of a 5.5" Optimus G Pro, slated for Q1 launch
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Jan 2013, 04:58
This coincides with the tip last week that LG is indeed going to introduce a 5.5" 1920x1080 screen G Pro at the Mobile World Congress next month, and later in the year it will release the Optimus G sequel to battle the holiday lineup of other makers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. emadshiny posted on 21 Jan 2013, 05:00 6
Xperia Z's first rival.
i think Sony will win this one.
2. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 21 Jan 2013, 05:03 6
this might win if this has a IPS pannel and the s4 prime ,
4. Guest_star posted on 21 Jan 2013, 05:14 1
OFC it has IPS pannel, what else, they demoed it on CES, AH-IPS LCD 5,5" 1080p
5. emadshiny posted on 21 Jan 2013, 05:18 3
this one has a main disadvantage: heaviness and thickness. in regard of design both are sexy but i still prefer Sony with its shiny glassy body.
6. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 05:36 2
5.5", it will compete with Note 2
7. PhenomFaz posted on 21 Jan 2013, 06:15 5
yeah but you and I both know where the Note 2 floors this baby...agree not the screen maybe nt even the body but rather a mixture of great hardware and awesome software optimizations is where the Note 2 really shines....thats why other manufacturers can make a 6 inch phone if they want to (and Huawei did) but unles they strike the balace with features and figure out a way to utilize the giant screen estate they wont even touch the Note 2....but I am hopeful of LG though as they're a godd company
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 07:50 1
Commercially Note 2 will beat this tablet as Samsung distribution and marketing are so good.
But technically I think LG has learned a lot how to make phones and phablets, partly from Note 2 itself.
Coupling with the hi res screen I think this new phablet can be a real challenger to Note 2.
24. PhenomFaz posted on 23 Jan 2013, 13:48 0
LG makes some of the best hardware parts and I have no doubt in my mind that they would do a fantastic job of manufacturing a great device but the problem lies in their software and LG has one of the worst Android user interfaces. the day they hit the balance between the hardware and software count me into buying a new device just like how I root for the Nexus
13. Droid_X_Doug posted on 21 Jan 2013, 09:13 0
Yup-per on what makes the Note II great. Sammy does seem to have hit on what constitutes the sweet spot for Android users.
23. PhenomFaz posted on 23 Jan 2013, 13:41 0
the genius of Samsung is not only have they built a pocketable device with a huge display but they have provided the tools required by consumers to harness the power of that screen it's not just a big handset with the big screen it's much more than doctors
9. jan25 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 07:11 10
Why the hell is the obsession for the Xperia Z for? We haven't even seen how the device performs, especially when Sony is known for their laggy UI, bad battery life and delayed updates. Stop the fanboyism please.
15. Commentator posted on 21 Jan 2013, 11:02 0
You're imploring a stop to fanboyism? On THIS website? "I think Sony will win this one" is one of the least biased statements I've ever seen here. At least he didn't try to moralize his reasoning like so many Samsung and Apple fanboys do, as if the smartphone you choose defines the life you live.
16. Droid_X_Doug posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:07 0
Especially since ema prefaced his post with "I think..."
Opinion is what this site is all about.
19. jan25 posted on 21 Jan 2013, 16:01 0
he thinks a phone is better than the other when one isn't released and the other isn't even announced!! it's fanboyism at its best.
18. HDShatter posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:57 1
Demo videos of the xperia z were 100% smooth no lag.
17. HDShatter posted on 21 Jan 2013, 13:55 1
This is a Note 2 and Huawei Ascend Mate rival not a xperia z.
I do agree that Sony will win Lg has a bad reputation for smartphones.
8. Nathan_ingx posted on 21 Jan 2013, 06:18 0
Not bad...every manufacturer is coming up with 5+ inchers, except for Nokia, Apple and Motorola...won't be long i guess.
Wait, MWC next month??
Looks like PA will be my phone's best friend still :)
21. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 20:08 0
Apple will NEVER DO IT so don't expect it. Apple never innovates.
22. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Jan 2013, 01:05 0
Oh, i don't...i'm just including Apple on the below 5 inchers department.
10. kanagadeepan posted on 21 Jan 2013, 07:46 1
Better they avoid the 4:3 screen ratio in 5.5" phablets and not repeat VU story...
20. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 21 Jan 2013, 20:06 0
Keeping it real nothing beats Samsung plain and simple. I am happy to see other gain entrance into this market created by Samsung. Bottom line folks the Galaxy Note 2 is industry leading the ultimate all purpose device ever made period. The Galaxy Note 3 will be the BEST THING EVER. Everybody else fall back Samsung owns this space.