LG sells 500,000 LG Optimus G Pro units in first 40 days in Korea
0. phoneArena 02 Apr 2013, 02:08 posted on
LG has announced that it has sold 500,00 units of its new flagship LG Optimus G Pro after just 40 days in Korea and the device matches up well against other phablets like the Samsung GALAXY Note II and the upcoming Samsung GALAXY Note III with the LG model's multitasking QSlide and the large screen with 401ppi pixel density...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. khaledmhawesh (Posts: 25; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
IPhone and Samsung sells millions in weekends
4. tech2 (Posts: 1309; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
But is LG Optimus G Pro trying to be like Samsung ? Yes ?
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Was Samsung trying to be like apple? Yes. Are they still trying to be like apple? Yes
9. tech2 (Posts: 1309; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Give me one concrete example where Samsung is now trying to be like Apple ?
14. tech2 (Posts: 1309; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Was I rude to you in anyway ? I just posted an honest question for your comment !
FYI, the reason why I posted my comment was because Optimus G Pro is in almost every way trying to be like Samsung's Note series !!!
Have an opinion during a conversation not arrogance !
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
On the contrary, now Apple is trying to be SAMSUNG :)
21. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Both are trying to be each other. LG is just trying to be itself. :)
16. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
There's is too much in the past 6 years, Samsung has been tailing on the back of Apple since 2007. They aren't too much anymore, but yeah.
26. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
S-voice, and keeping the physical home button.
Sammy lost in court for a reason.
17. a961009 (Posts: 97; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
It is only in Korea. I think you don't know that Iphone5 was worse than this in Korea. Actually this beats Galaxy Note2 in Korea
27. ajac09 (Posts: 1211; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
for LG thats amazing. Is it better sales then the blackberry to? If it is not saying much
3. siddharth04 (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I think LG is growing very fast and we will see it become a relevant player very soon.
10. asingha94 (Posts: 266; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Lg is much better than samsung in everyway but only thing they are lack of,that is proper marketing......i use a lg optimus 4x.tjats a awesome phone...
11. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
true.. and almost all of LG's phones are great..
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Even i dislike LG's phones, that's pretty good considering they are going head-on with Samsung in their home ground...
22. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Can I ask why you dislike LG's phones? Because of the late update?
I'm just curious. :)
24. asingha94 (Posts: 266; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
I think may be those are not cheap plastic!may be they need more plastic than feature or good build quality....!!
25. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
REMEMBER, plastic is cheap, but plastic gives ok build quality, and doesn't get scratches easily. :)
8. Andrewtst (Posts: 251; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Good for others manufacture grow sales, this means Samsung will getting sales lesser and lesser.
Is time lesson Samsung for following Apple, release product with similar design.
15. Eonnaydra (Posts: 185; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
My 1 year old LG Optimus Sol still works perfect with Cyanogen on it.
18. ryq24 (Posts: 441; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The Koreans seems to replace their phone every time a new model comes out. Their dump site might be full of year old phones !
20. Silencerzzz (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Say what ever you want to say. Only minority talking BS about Samsung. The majority proved with action and that's why Samsung can sell 30m unit in 100 days.
28. Neurone (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Korean People might have confused Gpro with note 2, so half million sold !!!!