LG scores a record-breaking quarter, seemingly confirms even more LG G3 variations
0. phoneArena 24 Jul 2014, 03:08 posted on
Just as it was speculated several months ago, LG's second financial quarter was more than good for the company. It seems that the tech giant has scored some pretty good results during the previous trimester, as it has sold roughly 14.5 million smartphones, a third of which are LTE-enabled ones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. NoFanboy (Posts: 222; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Good job LG you deserve it. People are still finding out how good the g2 was.
10. Jeremy75 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
G3 it's just the best phone in 2014 for almost all the reviewers...
13. chunky1x (Posts: 234; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Not really the best. It is a little behind in some areas when compared to the S5 and the price for the unlock version is almost the same as the S5 considering that the latter has waterproof and better camera. However, this certainly one of the top tier phones this year so far.
21. FTWGT86 (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 May 2014)
The S5 is water resistant not water proof, there's a huge difference.
22. Brosepower (Posts: 35; Member since: 21 Apr 2014)
Well the reviewers say and rate it at the top. If you check out any major tech website it is consistently rated as the top phone. Phonearena, verge, engadget, forbes, trustedreviews, and many others all rate it at the top. So... it kind of is...
14. cezarepc (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
We haven't seen:
-next gen iPhone
-Galaxy Alpha/Beta/Charlie/Prime whatever
-next Xperia flagship
..I'm saving my judgement until all of these are out
17. chunky1x (Posts: 234; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Yes. There is a strong possibility because of shorten product cycles. 6 months cycle to be exact. Samsung was the first one to do it(S4 to S5). LG and Sony said they would do this. Also some prime version will also come in both LG and Samsung this year.
25. DONUT (Posts: 307; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
LG 6 month cycle is G series and G Pro. We will see the G Pro 3 next not the G4
28. PeterK. (Posts: 91; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
Are you 100% sure that the Galaxy S5 came out just 6 months after the Galaxy S4?
4. Alex123 (Posts: 222; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Congrats LG and keep it up!
G3 is just a perfect package to me.
5. lee480 (Posts: 176; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
What's the point selling that much smartphones when LG cant even make a cent of profit? LG have been bleeding money since they started their smartphone business.
7. Japultra (Posts: 25; Member since: 16 May 2014)
I don't think you read the article properly.
8. Canaan (Posts: 125; Member since: 25 May 2014)
As the other member said you must have not read the whole article as it clearly states that they finally made a profit.
11. GreekGeek (Posts: 792; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
The G3 was a bit underwhelming, people quickly jumped into the hype.
Display quality (yes, the display quality) and battery life leaves somethingto be desired
12. pyradark (Posts: 772; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol!!! Sony got 4.6B profit for 9M sold unit
20. Jeremy75 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
what f..ing are you sayng..
Sony sold 8.8M of smartphone in Q1 2014 but operative profit is around 250 M$ for all the fiscal year (Apr 2013 - March 2014) for all the business division (mobile, Home entertaiment, music, etc)
Which is quite poor compare to the fact LG gained almost 90 millions$ in one quarter only with mobile business..
LG mobile is most profitable than Sony by far..
27. justsayit (Posts: 210; Member since: 09 May 2013)
because sony phone is overpriced!
i can get a g2 for 350USD \
at the same prrice range,i only can get the horrible xperia z for 450USD if from sony
18. zinger69 (Posts: 34; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
I'm still loving my G2, and I'm strongly considering getting a G3. Nice job LG!
23. Canaan (Posts: 125; Member since: 25 May 2014)
It seems rather compact considering its screen size. The Galaxy S5 is practically as tall as the G3 despite it (S5) having a 5.1 inch screen, though the G3 does look slightly wider.
24. ThreeFourSeven (Posts: 34; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I'm happy for LG cause I remember a specific company saying you can't make money using Android because of Samsung.
26. BobbyDigital (Posts: 297; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Great going LG! My favorite tech company(along with Google). I love my G2 and will definitely be getting the G3!