LG says it too will produce a smartwatch, plus a Google Glass-type device
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:29
Add Korean manufacturer LG to the multitude of names looking to produce a smartwatch, adding its name to the list which includes Apple's rumored iWatch, Samsung and Google; LG had produced watches before, dating back to 2009's LG GD910 which was supposed to allow the user to make video and voice calls and which was gone before you could blink an eye...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:31 4 6
If Samsung does it, LG must follow... but who's going to buy these damned things?
9. Mxyzptlk posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:23 2 12
Samsung is only doing it because Apples doing it.
16. wiiandds posted on 22 Mar 2013, 10:34 0 0
apple is only tring to take credit for the first one that people really want to by
17. donfem posted on 22 Mar 2013, 11:55 0 0
Typical you. Every conversation must end with the fruit. There is a reason behind the formation of companies I guess.Business is about making money I think. Every car manufacturer is doing it according to your argument, because .......
23. ultimatebatman posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:31 0 0
The real Mxyz would not be a ridiculous Apple loving troll.
24. rusticguy posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:31 0 1
Samsung did a phone-watch way back in 1999. Oh wait ... Sir Johnny didn't get this programmed i guess :)
26. chadrick0814 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 23:13 0 0
I could have sworn the article said LG did it in 2009.
2. GadgetsMcGoo posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:33 2 0
Will these glasses also double as 3D glasses for their 3D TVs?
3. gmracer1 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:35 0 4
LG needs to stick with making TV's and appliances.
11. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:37 0 1
And more N4's!
4. kellkeezy posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:41 5 0
I will say this, when it comes to LG making a product they generally make it affordable.
5. xperiaDROID posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:42 6 1
Lol. Next, BB is gonna make a BBwatch and Nokia is gonna make a Windowswatch.
8. xperiaDROID posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:18 0 0
The N-Gage is a mobile phone and handheld gaming system, it is not a watch.
6. spiderpig2894 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:50 5 3
First smartwatch from phone companies was from Sony Ericsson then comes Apple and Google, then Samsung, then LG. What's next?
10. bojan posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:24 1 1
WTF all this compines doing a smartwatch i better start making my own now before someone else joins in LOL
13. TheMan posted on 22 Mar 2013, 10:19 1 0
Who cares? Few want a touch screen that tiny. No wonder DickTracy is always squinting.
14. TheMan posted on 22 Mar 2013, 10:20 0 0
I find it funny that PA's built-in censor doesn't allow the name d**k. (not my edit)
15. a961009 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 10:32 0 0
I'm sorry Phonearena but you are wrong. I read the article from Koreatimes(source) and THE ARITICLE SAID THAT LG DID NOT MENTIONED ABOUT THE OS. (I am Korean)
19. predator93 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 12:11 0 0
I got a chance to use lg gd 910 a couple of years ago, the screen was way too small for me to operate properly.
21. MartianMe posted on 22 Mar 2013, 13:44 0 0
The hell with all of these smart watch talk ...my casio g shock is better them all of 'em.
22. TheLolGuy posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:18 0 0
Hm I've gotta give it to LG, even though I don't buy too many of their products I can tell they're putting in a lot of effort to get themselves out there. If it'll work... who can say?
25. rusticguy posted on 22 Mar 2013, 17:21 0 0
While others would just be announcing and feeding the press Goophone from China will launch it before all of them :D
28. microsoftnokiawin posted on 24 Mar 2013, 07:27 0 0
guys get over who started it 1st smartwatch is a new trend so everyone must join in