LG says it sells an L-Series phone every second in 2013
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2013, 11:46 posted on
LG sold 10 million units of its Optimus L-Series phones by December with an additional 5 million phones sold in the last two months which works out to the sale of one unit each second; the Korean manufacturer has a goal to sell 45 million smartphones this year and the L Series II, just announced by LG, should help the company reach that target...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sentient6 (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
Still waiting for the L9 II and Optimus 8X FHD. =)
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1790; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You'll have to excuse me for finding it rather humorous that LG is bragging about selling 15 million units of an entire series of phones (4) when Samsung claims to have sold 60 million units of one phone in 2/3 the time. Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.
4. robcar (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
LG Optimus G is better than all the Samsung phones both in quality and performance.
5. dynamo.one (Posts: 62; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
optimus g pro is an exact copy of galaxy note 2
8. emadshiny (Posts: 977; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
wow, i hear samboys talking about copying while Sammy is the greatest copycat itself.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Since they sold rather well i guess they will all get Jellybean! Ups its LG, wont happen anytime soon.
7. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Yeah, they sold one every second...........and then the CEO woke up and facepalmed himself.
9. lovefist (unregistered)
Uhh.. People actually bought those crap? The only time LG had the spotlight was bcoz of the nexus 4. Seriously, nobody should even consider buying their stuff. LG - poor man's samsung.
10. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
have you ever used an LG phone? they are all not that bad as you would think!
I kinda like the UI on LG phones too and the features make it up to par with touchwiz.
LG UI has NO lag. even touchwiz has a little
11. lovefist (unregistered)
O2x then switched to S2. Sorry I might have went overboard there. Was hoping maybe they should concentrate more on software updates and respectable upgrade for the L series, seeing as its already 2013. They could have gone with and hd screen on at least the L7 II.
12. a961009 (Posts: 96; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
Sorry but O2X is very old. Lg changed after Optimus 4x HD
13. wumberpeb (Posts: 392; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Wouldn't trade my Optimus G for anything...but I guess they need something to trumpet about
14. Landmarkcm (Posts: 349; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Think my L9 on Tmobile monthly is the best ive ever had & will actually stick with a while & ive had every os on every carrier. Lg got it right with this one. Glad to read that it's supposed to get updated to 4.1 as well..
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1790; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Where did you read that the L9 is getting Jellybean? I'm curious. It's not one that I would expect to get updated. Unless it has been officially announced, I wouldn't hold my breath, knowing LG.
18. Landmarkcm (Posts: 349; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Hi I just googled it of course and couple sites that said lg in Korean I think it was or lg asia confirmed the series will get updated. Ya ive heard that lg is slow with the updates though so I wont hold my breath, but hopefully it will get it.. The device is only few months out so I would think it would also. But ya you never know. I don't think ill sweat it with this one as long as im not missing anything major.
19. Landmarkcm (Posts: 349; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)