LG says curved phones will be 40% of the smartphone market by 2018
0. phoneArena 03 Dec 2013, 23:03 posted on
By 2018, curved phones like the LG G Flex will make up 40% of the smartphone market, according to Korean based LG. The OEM's head of product planning, Dr. Ramchan Woo, said "We got bored of flat." But the LG G Flex offers more than just a cool, curved design. Thnks to the curves, the phone fits better when pressed against the curve of the user's face...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 185; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Looks like it will be too flimsy to use properly.
12. akki20892 (Posts: 3413; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Go get the LG first, they have time machine damn it.
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
It's been brought up before, but I'd really hate how it wobbles on the table due to the curved design. It'd also smear skin oil everywhere on the screen rather than just the earpiece area. Construction also doesn't look exactly premium or quality, but I may be speaking too soon about that. Anyway, I'd be super excited to try one out, but I'm also totally happy with flat screen phones.
3. D.Aceveda (Posts: 359; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Lol. 2 years we were told 3d phones would take a big portion of the market by 2015.
4. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
LG, you are fuc*ing drunk. Lol i feel sorry for them, thiking they know the consumer better than the consumer itself. I might want a regular smartphone that can be bent, thats flexable and durable. What i don't want is something that i cant use due to its flimsyness... This is exactly what is happening with smartwatches, very small amount of people want them yet companies keep insisting they know more.
5. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What about 2K displays? Will it be 50% on smartphones of the smartphone market by 2015?
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1375; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I hope that it won't happen. 1080p is more than enough. I am even happy if ppi is just 250. 2K is just waste of money, performance and battery life.
6. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
LG please keep it simple and just attach that real flexible screen on a normal phone and at least people won't worry if they drop thier phone the screen will break.
Secondly develop an amazing battery that will last a week with full usage.
I don't ask for much :)
7. sipha (Posts: 261; Member since: 12 May 2012)
looks great on the pictures, but way to unpractical...
8. sanyamjain75 (Posts: 14; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Design of this phone decreases pocketability...can we keep g flex in pocket?
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 1417; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
"Woo sees curved models making up 12%
of the smartphone market by 2015 with
the figure reaching 40% just three years
after that" lol Woo -> Who good show PA :D
10. zachattack (Posts: 565; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
If all phones in the future became curved, i'd be willing to never use a smartphone again