LG says bendable display production for the G Flex is in full gear
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
ooooo....im excited flexible displays are the future!!
3. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
still need bendable batteries and bendable motherboards.
4. tech2 (Posts: 2825; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
He isn't talking about flexible phone ! Flexible displays are light, thinner and won't break if phone slips through your hands.
Plus it all depends on how OEMs chose to implement the tech. They could make the display stretch to go out on sides which can show text messages or notification in a sentence when the phone is laying on a table.
7. pwnarena (Posts: 1008; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
actually bendable batteries have already been invented. there are even batteries that appear as flexible wires. if we want a flexible phone, we just have to make the rest of the components capable of bending or positioned to allow bending.
however, it just does not make sense.
i really believe what we need is not bendable displays.
what we need are FOLDABLE displays so we can keep our devices compact with the option of folding the display into a bigger one when needed.
12. dsmboost (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Foldable displays were invented about 20 years ago. It's called a clamshell form factor.
6. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Bendable phones are not happening anytime soon. 10 years at least.
14. techaman (unregistered)
we have bendable batteries its the chips on the motherboard to work on but you can put that at the top or bottom that will work more bends mean more power.
2. mousesports (Posts: 269; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Nothing special . Not excited at all !!!
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
"nothing special".....Go home your drunk!
15. techaman (unregistered)
i hate to start this but i bet he will be excited when apple invents foled screens hahahaha i know i could not help my self
17. willard12 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Invent? Apple doesn't invent anything. He will be happy when Apple buys it from LG.
5. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
future, we don't know future yet, by tomorrow something more of future will emerge..
8. pwnarena (Posts: 1008; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
sony, htc, lenovo, apple, etc ,, please don't ride on the bendable display bandwagon.
fund your R&D departments to come up with a foldable display. that would be way more useful!
10. Navaid (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
none of them except sony is in display business.
16. techaman (unregistered)
sorry thats atleast 10 years away because of the screen fold and the liquid ribbon bending 180 flexible is what we have for the next 10 to 15 years
13. FoxDavis (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
This just might be a force to be reckoned with.