LG rumored to halt production of Google Nexus 4 in favor of next-gen Nexus
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:42
A rumor is spreading from water cooler to water cooler that suggests that the hard to find Google Nexus 4 will be put on hold by Korean manufacturer LG, to be replaced by newer Nexus models; LG Electronics senior vice president James Fisher hinted that the Google Nexus 4 was just the first of many Nexus products that LG is working on...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:47 7
375K sold is a pretty bad number for a nexus device :(
5. wendygarett posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:58 1
In my country, it cost equivalent to $500 in US 16gb...
15. fanboy1974 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:37 4
Hard for me to want a Nexus 4 when it's not on Verizon and when you have the Note 2 and HTC DNA to choose from. The beauty of sticking with Android.
Maybe one day Windows phone 8 will get there. I wouldn't mine Microsoft beating Apple one bit.
31. UrbanPhantom posted on 14 Jan 2013, 22:26 1
I have the Lumia 920 and it's an awesome phone that is equal to or better than just about anything out there, in terms of it's build quality and features. Also, WP8 is as good as iOS and Android, except for the lack of apps, and most of popular ones that people typically install and use are there now...
40. jstahl posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:48 0
How often do you charge your battery on Lumia? 3 times a day? ROFL
44. UrbanPhantom posted on 16 Jan 2013, 09:35 0
You must be crazy. Look up the reviews, and you'll find out that the Nexus 4 has worse battery life than the Lumia 920. It's quad core, remember? You need that as well as 2 gig RAM just to move that clunky Android interface around the screen ;o)
36. anywherehome posted on 14 Jan 2013, 23:54 0
its time to call in Motorola and finally make a high-end Nexus! I want it! with:
1) replaceable battery (real smartphone I can intensively use whole day! Nexus 4 I CAN NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
2) more storage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats why I'm going to stick with Galaxy Nexus.......with 16Gb I can survive but.....
37. Droid_X_Doug posted on 15 Jan 2013, 00:01 0
The whole LG experience would make me avoid an LG edition Nexus going forward. There would be every expectation of LG biffing the production of the phone. First, they under-produce. Then, when demand is off-the-charts, they produce the Nexus 4 in 50K unit production (per quarter?!) runs. Finally when there is a whiff of a rumor that there will be a new Nexus, they shut down production of the current gen Nexus phone. Now contrast that with Sammy who is still pumping out GS IIIs in the midst of rumors being churned out about the GS IV.
42. _Bone_ posted on 15 Jan 2013, 03:17 0
Yeah, it was mostly a teasing device over one you had the chance to own. A little hard to believe they'd stop production so soon for the new one, more likely is LG not doing good profitable phones and the N4 wasn't helping.
That, or Google will announce an upgraded Nexus 4 with LTE and fullHD screen - after all it has the same HW as a dozen 5" fullHD rivals. My next target phone is exactly that, but I sure hope the new Nexus will wait out until the A15 architecture is ready with some of the 13MP HDR magic, so not so fast, Google. :)
3. papss posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:52 3
Agreed.. Though for me this design is the best nexus has ever looked.. Its pure sexy.. Too bad they flubbed the production up.
12. JohnnyBravo posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:23 2
Completely agree. Up until then I thought all LG phones where crap plastic phones. Nexus 4 is just flat out amazing...
4. fistigons posted on 14 Jan 2013, 19:54 4
Still waiting for the 32gb version. 8gb is pointless.
6. ajac09 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:05 1
called it. Wish LG wasnt going to make the next version ug
7. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:08 1
wow, the Nexus 4 is making a big mess...thankfully it was cheap so consumers aren't having to suffer because of it too bad.
11. 14545 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:20 2
Unfortunately, it's made by LG. Hopefully Google dumps LG as fast as they picked them up. I would like to see a Moto Nexus, or another HTC nexus.
18. wendygarett posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:01 0
I think it's just another moto xoom successor lol :)
28. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:47 2
shoot, i'd settle for just that. o:
it's either gonna be one or both for me if Motorola has anything to go with the next Nexus suite.
i'm really looking for a Tablet though being that i already have a MAXX HD.
8. cretinick posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:10 0
If they put a bigger screen in the same body, it will be a f**ktastic Phone! From where I see, they have some bezel to cut in the Nexus 4... But I don't know if it goes to 5 or 5.5 inches...
9. JohnnyBravo posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:18 1
I actually held this phone a few weeks ago and played around with it. It is an amazing phone...pleasantly surprised. It is just too bad it is not compatible with Verizon's 4G LTE. If it wasnt for the whole Verizon Galaxy Nexus debacle that took place. Carriers in the states have way too much power if you ask me. I really hope another one is released with 4G LTE.
22. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:17 1
because GSM is a world wide network than CDMA. unless if u like just buy a pre paid SIM card like STRAIGHT talk 45$ unlimited card if u like.
34. JohnnyBravo posted on 14 Jan 2013, 23:17 0
I know GSM is used world wide. In regards to the pre-paid sim card...now there is an idea. Thanks my dude.
10. HTCOE posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:20 3
im waiting on motorola to make the next nexus not LG.... where's info about the Motorola Nexus!?
13. JohnnyBravo posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:29 0
That was google's plan all along...look for it sometime in the fall at the earliest. Make no qualms about it there will be a MOTO Nexus device coming. I wish I had the link to an article that was tweeted a few weeks ago where one of the google execs said that a MOTO Nexus is coming but that they have to clean house or something...a lot of crap came over with the MOTO purchase.
21. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:16 1
have to wait till GOOGLE I/O FOR 5.0 KEYLIME
16. blingblingthing posted on 14 Jan 2013, 20:52 1
A new nexus phone? Maybe that Motorola nexus X phone? Will it pack 1080p
19. BattleBrat posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:13 0
LG's hardware was always solid, it was the software that sucked, on the nexus, Google takes care of that. As for Verizon getting the Nexus, I'm with Verizon and love the service, but they SCREWED IT BIG on the Galaxy Nexus, and I hope they never get another
25. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:34 0
shouldn't you be hoping that Verizon gets another chance to do right with it? we'll both be pretty down if there's a Motorola Nexus and we can't get it.
29. BattleBrat posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:48 0
my contract is up in August, though the only real other option is T mobile, I tried mobile internet through AT&T NEVER AGAIN, their bad rep is well earned!
32. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Jan 2013, 22:43 0
yeah, T-Mobile is the only other option for me as well. i'm never going back to AT&T or Sprint if i can help it.
35. JohnnyBravo posted on 14 Jan 2013, 23:25 1
You are right Verizon dropped the ball big time with the Galaxy Nexus. I sure hope they get another chance since Moto and Verizon have a "droid" relationship. My biggest fear is that Moto will continue with the Razr lineup with Verizon but the Moto Nexus will not be released for Verizon :(
20. InspectorGadget80 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:16 0
damn and the NEXUS IS EVERYONE FAVORITE PHONE. may be MOTOROLA NEXUS WILL BE COMING? with 1080P & TEGRA 4? my only problem with the LG NEXUS 4 is no SD CARD SUPPORT
27. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:44 0
i'm doubting the next Moto anything will have 1080p. maybe a S4 Pro, Tegra 4 or Qualcomm 600 though.
24. blackice214 posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:30 0
Haha everybody that bought a nexus 4 got trolled.
26. hoiur posted on 14 Jan 2013, 21:36 0
HUH?! LG just launched in my country Malaysia after a week ago! and now rumours about lg gonna stop production to make way for a new nexus?! i was about to buy one and now i have to wait like hell again! this is so frustrating!
39. rustyimtiaz posted on 15 Jan 2013, 01:26 0
In google I/O they may announce cellular version of nexus 10 (most probably with gren LCD and exynos octa) and a new quad-core (tegra-4 and full HD screen) nexus 7 and a 5.5 inch full HD nexus phone with snapdragon 600 processor with LTE and a slightly different designed back due to the issues with crack and scratches may be the all the devices will utilize dragontrail glases!!! and in CES all the processors showed will be released Q2 of 2013!!!
Hope it turns true!!!
41. ramonleonjr62 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 02:31 0
so then why is virgin mobile uk will have nexus 4..hellooo
43. Google99 posted on 15 Jan 2013, 06:57 0
I live in Canada and google emailed me saying that the nexus 4 poduction is on track so for me the estimated shipping frame was 7-8 weeks so that means my nexus 4 will be coming next week or the week later because I ordered mine on dec 3. Apparentley there will be no delays or back orders at the moment