LG rumored to be working on new phablet similar to Sony Xperia Z Ultra
0. phoneArena 15 Sep 2013, 16:05 posted on
According to the latest rumors, Korean OEM LG is working on a phablet that will rival the Sony Xperia Z Ultra in screen size; the latter currently has the largest screen in the industry at 6.4 inches. The LG model is expected to match the 6.4 inches and the 1080 x 1920 resolution on Sony's device. But the 342ppi pixel density on the Sony model will be topped by the 418ppi on the LG phablet, according to the rumor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1627; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Im sorry i love big screens but 6.4 is toooooo big!!!!!
3. Kishin (Posts: 617; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Good as long as its designed like the G2 or new brick design
15. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
I haven't seen d LG g2. but I but I love xperia z ultra. the design is wholesome
21. JGuinan007 (Posts: 634; Member since: 19 May 2011)
the z ultra is nice except for camera is bad very bad and call quality suck software is meh screen is great and writing with a regular pen is sweet and dust and water resistant is great but no removable battery sucks if lg made a phablet that improved these faults on the z ultra that would be something I would buy
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8627; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So it excels at everything but what it's supposed to do, which is to make calls.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8627; Member since: 14 May 2012)
6.4" is NOT pocketable. It's not even a phablet anymore, it's a damn tablet.
7. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If you can't pocket a nexus 7 your jeans are too skinny.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8627; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because I'd want to hold a tablet to my face and have people think I'm talking with a book.
13. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I've seen worst. People taking pictures/videos with iPads. Not only is the damn thing huge but the camera sucks. I see more people doing this than what your talking about.
22. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Excuse me? The camera on iPad sucks? Every tablet has a camera that sucks balls. The only tablet that has a great camera is an iPad. What are you smoking?
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8627; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Excuse me? Are you forgetting the Nexus 7? What are you smoking?
8. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I just got the LG G2 like 5 hours ago. Coming from a Note 2 but decided to go smaller since I have a Note 10.1 and man there is a difference. Like going from a S4 down to a iphone 5. No way I want over 6 inches as a daily driver.
10. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Do you have half a brain cell? If you keep the same display size and resolution, the ppi is the same. Don't know why I bother with this site anymore.
11. MistB (Posts: 574; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I reckon this is a 2560x1700p display we're talking about here @ 6.44 inches and not the 1920x1080p which PA got from their anonymous tipster/source.
16. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
yeah u seems right a 1920*1080 can't produce a 418 ppi rather it produce a 342 ppi but 2560*1080 will produce 432ppi. which is close to 418ppi and reasonable
14. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Competition in the phablet segment is good. Now, we'll have actually some serious alternatives to the Note 3.
17. GeekMovement (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yeah but it's not going to beat the rumored resolution of the Sony Z2
18. datphoneguy (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Wow, too many phablets....are people even buying these in notable quantities (outside of the Note)?
34. MistB (Posts: 574; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Ironic really, how many people would be seen buying the handset in your avatar now? Not many I would suppose except for retro phone lovers. A collectors item maybe but for daily usage?....Nah!
31. qwerty_keypad (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
My samsung SII is now in the Mini League :)
27. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Do we really need phones to play table tennis with?
30. Trex95 (Posts: 553; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Please LG no ON SCREEN BUTTON just same design as LG optimus g pro.
32. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2350; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Not sure that I understand the wording of the article. It will be the same size & resolution as the Z Ultra, but it will have a much higher pixel density? How is that possible?
33. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Welcome to phonearena. I've already mentioned this. These people don't think.