LG reveals the design for the 5.5 inch LG Optimus G Pro
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2013, 19:25 posted on
One day after confirming the 5.5 inch screen on the LG Optimus G Pro, the Korean manufacturer is giving us the whole picture, so to speak,of what the smartphone is going to look like; LG is using curved glass to produce what it calls a 2.5D effect and the device will have a full HD display resulting in a pixel density of 401ppi, and a quad-core processor will be powering the handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Hello plastic :p
3. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
DIdn't see anything about plastic mentioned in the article.
9. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
What I saw is a design of GNote II with HTC One X camera.
36. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Its a copy og G note 2 and a bad one at that...copying the look and feel is easy...copying the usefulness is a totally different ball game!
This is just a phone with a 5.5 inch screen...it isnt a phablet like the Note 2 as it does not have anything even close to the software and utilities present on the G Note 2!
16. nikenturd (unregistered)
Wow...you idiot...please go away
27. s.mrabet (Posts: 117; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Wendy your comments never make sence, please just read and dont comment..
35. donfem (Posts: 522; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
That is assuming she or is it a he, actually "reads" before commenting.
29. donfem (Posts: 522; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Would like to know what the car you drive is made of....
38. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I'll bet it's made of cereal boxes and crayons
2. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Well, it is less ugly than the Optimus G. I understand the use of physical buttons to enlarge the screen. but this SIII's like button is a very bad choice.
33. puckhead (Posts: 76; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Less ugly than the LGOG? ummm the LGOG is probably the best looking phone on the market besides the Nexus 4.
4. Imaxxacre (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
I'm sure it will be a great handset, but the front looks WAY too much like the Galaxy Note II
30. donfem (Posts: 522; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The good thing is that Samsung will not do an iapple and sue LG
5. Diego! (Posts: 503; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I'm eagerly waiting for Samsung to sue LG due to the design of this phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy Note II with LG printed on it!
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5474; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I'm eagerly waiting for Samsung to sue LG..."
13. funkshit (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
Samsung can not sue LG.
Such design was originally started by LG.
15. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Samsung is not Apple, neither is LG, they have settled their patentable OLED dispute out of court with maturity.
34. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Since they dont sue each over of the designs of HDTV's and monitors....I hope they dont start stooping to that level now.
11. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Majority of people like the physical button thats why they are the best selling phones right now, you dont have to kill your power button to wake up, which is a bit awkward with a big phone and its much easier to reach for the home button all the time.
All phones from now on will all look very similar just like your laptops, pc, tv etc cos to be honest there's only so much to what you can do with a rectangle with four corners.
12. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 147; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
While it's indeed hard to get creative with touchscreen slabs, that's not entirely true. Look at Nokia's devices and you will see.
14. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
True, Nokia's design is brilliant but its same from their 800/900 Lumia series. As i said from now on whatever you design will ultimately look like another that has been done before unless you wanna go triangular, pentagonal or hexagonal design
28. IU_Lover (Posts: 35; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Xperia Z has a nice big metallic power button that is placed where it is easily accessible
19. wando77 (Posts: 269; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Would buy this were it not for the lg skin on top of android
20. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
The only thing that interests me about this phone is the "almost 3d but not really "display
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5563; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
whoa, that looks WAY too much like the Note II, that's legitimately sue worthy. o:
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7757; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Samsung won't sue though. Although this phone will sell, Samsung's 2013 line up will come out with something better.
24. lovefist (unregistered)
Sell? That phone will sell? Thats an LG! You would buy their stuff? I would not buy from them even if theyre selling gum.
26. Diego! (Posts: 503; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I got 10 "dislike" comments for speaking my mind... Booo! Anyway, I hold to my word, Samsung should sue LG for this design. It's too similar to Samsung Galaxy Note II
31. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 98; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Bezel on the sides, is it there? :) thats one good bit about this mobile.
32. rallyguy (Posts: 536; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
This phone has my interest and I'm very interested. I'm afraid it won't have a removable battery though and I will have to cross it off the list of phones to consider.