LG puts up a "2nd generation quad-core" teaser site, talks a phone with Adreno 320 graphics in a video
0. phoneArena 24 Aug 2012, 08:25 posted on
A quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro with Adreno 320 GPU is taking a part front and center in a teaser site LG has put for an upcoming device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes it is VERY good news. Man what if this turns out to be the new LG Nexus. Quad-core 28nm Krait S4 Pro with Adreno 320 with a True IPS 720p HD screen & 2GB of RAM all in a sexy Nexus branding by Google will be the dream sexy phone of 2012.
Also I am so glad I understand Korean. lol
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, i doubt it would be a nexus with the quad out of the gate, but I sure as heck wouldnt complain. :)
13. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3359; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It would be nice, but I also doubt it. No Nexus device has ever debuted with the absolute highest specs around. Always respectable, but never the best.
23. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Nexus devices are about software not hardware and its good that they used older hardware it makes sure that older phones aren't left out
20. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
LG made first dual core phone LG optimus 2x
(Failed big time due to software issue and late upgrades)
First 3d phone LG optimus 3d
(Did well initiallybut due to buggy software and very late upgrade has poor impression - I have a lg thrill , i like it... but my galaxy s2 performs much better.)
First announced quadcore phone LG optimus 4x hd.. goof as per reviews but people avoid buying it due to LG's late updates.. AND it came in market after one x and gs3.. so could not get the hype
LG MUST DELIVER this time before any one else make this available immeditaly after iphone 5 or even before so they can get the hype they want.
29. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
LG should deliver, Qualcomm has consistently provided driver support for their devices to keep up with Android releases.
I really hope they get it together, they already have enough experience to.
28. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
If this is the LG Nexus, I may just have to get the money to cancel my contract.
Awesome. So. Awesome.
2. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
i hope LG pulls this off! i hope what happened with the O2x wont happen here..
this could very well be LG's Galaxy S, and i sure do hope it is! :D Go LG! ^_^
on a diff note, that's why i dont like Google translate lol, they translate it into weird sentences haha. maybe that explains why the English signs in China are so screwed up lolol
21. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
PA take a immdeiate note , this phone has beaten the benchmark of ipad 3 at gl benchmark site... make a quick articke of it now... there is a new champ... since iphone 5 will use same soc as ipad3 with lower clock speed its performance will be even lower..... SO ADERANO 320 IS NEW CHAMP.... engineers in Qualcomm are all indians .... yeah.... just like me..
38. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Anandtech shows that it does beat SGX543MP4 in some benchmarks. If LG overclocks the GPU, it will definitely beat the iPad 3 A5x.
5. megaSUNNY (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
lg works really hard to offer new things which is very good.but not many are interested.1st dual core and 1st 2gb ram phones were by them only
26. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3359; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Not completely true. Lg announced the first 2Gb RAM phone, the Lg Optimus LTE 2, first. But, Samsung released the first one first. The U.S. version of the Galaxy SIII.
7. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
This is great news! LG needs to get back in the game and Qualcomm is stepping it back up as well. I cant wait to see what this does running on Windows Phone 8 and tablets. This will also make the competition step it up even further!
8. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 414; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Hopefully a 1080p display... lol, but 720p is enough.
Anyways, that phone is just so beastly :O
30. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Optimus G has already been leaked. Confirmed to have 4.7 inch 1280x720 display, probably same panel from the 4X HD.
39. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Yes, AH-IPS is actually the best IPS panel on the market. Less power consumption, better color fidelity, higher brightness.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yup, LG trying to get some groundswell excitement. Just like I figured they would. :)
Good. Hopefully this is a well built, quickly updated super phone. That would be very good for them. It would be even better if it was a nexus (doubt it though) or they at least put a promise in writing that they would have quick updates for 2 years. That would give them a lot of support.
14. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Good news, if this comes out true, other manufacturers will compete to put the best processors in their phones and we will get more powerful devices!
35. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Let's hope the change from 1 chip SoC/modem solution to 2 chip SoC and modem doesn't hurt battery life....
16. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I don't care who it comes from but I want my next phone to have this same processor, 1080p display, 2 gig of ram and released on Verizon. I will worry about everything else later.
31. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
HTC apparently might have the phone for you.
It's 5 inches though, so it's probably more like a Note competitor than a GS3 competitor.
17. swagat73 (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
all the dreams come true in september and october.
i wait for htc with s4 320 gpu,4.7" True IPS 1080p HD screen & 2GB of RAM ,removal battery with 2200mhz, window phone 8 in htc zenith
nvidia tegra 3 1.7ghz chip,4.7" True IPS 1080p HD screen ,13mp camera, 2GB of RAM ,removal battery with 2200mhz , android 4.1 jelly bean in htc one x+
22. Heatfan316 (Posts: 500; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I heard the Htc is going to have 5.5" display with 1080p
34. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Might be a Verizon phone only, but it's 5" with 1920x1080 display, either MSM8960 Pro or APQ8064+MDM9x15 SoC+Modem, with 2 GB of RAM and possibly an active digitizer pen.
24. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3359; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You're not gonna see a 1920x1080 (progressive doesn't apply when talking about phones) display on a 4.7" phone screen this year, so give that up. Also, the electric charge of a battery is measured milliampere-hours, not megahertz. mAh as opposed to MHz.
32. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
LG has already made a 5" 1920x1080 display. It's now just going to be a wait and see thing because HTC might unveil a direct competitor to the Galaxy Note 2...
18. osamalone (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
lg is a very good company and it tries to make the best phones but the problem with lg phones is its design and ui and overall performance otherwise spec wise it is has been good but if lg stayes ahead of time like apple does it has the capability to shine
19. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
I'd like to see this moster of a processor running on Windows phone 8.
33. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Let's hope. WP8 apparently shares kernels with W8, so maybe APQ8064 phones will be in the cards.