LG outs a promo video touting the ultra slim 13MP camera in the Optimus G, says it will be 8MP "in some regions"
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Sep 2012, 06:55
While one of the optics department's chiefs touts the ultra slim packaging of the 13MP camera module, saying that this is the highest resolution in a smartphone (apparently they don't consider the 808 PureView one), and its low-light capabilities and other enhancements make it a top-notch technology, somehow we are hesitant, considering the specs revealed in the video...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. loken posted on 11 Sep 2012, 07:01 2
Why the heck didnt sony put this cmos sensor on their phones..
3. Snoobab posted on 11 Sep 2012, 07:15 2
It took LG 24 months to beat the N8 by 1 whole megapixel. Well done! (Ahhh sh*t, sensor pixel size is 1.1 microns vs. 1.75 microns but who's looking, right?)
4. pokharkarsaga posted on 11 Sep 2012, 07:21 4
In today's camera tech,the image sensors are getting smaller and pixel counts are increased.The bigger the image sensor,the more light it can sense and we get more natural & crispy images.I wish 1 inch image sensor to come in smartphones.Currently,it is available in mirror less compact cameras.
5. Snoobab posted on 11 Sep 2012, 07:34 4
Very true, unfortunately most people are only worried about sensor resolution (megapixels) and not sensor size.
6. sebaa posted on 11 Sep 2012, 07:35 3
LG has announce oficial the Optiums G in 28 August end Sony has announce the T , TX end V at IFA on 29 August with 13 MP so not quite the " highest resolution in a smartphone"
7. crankyd00d posted on 11 Sep 2012, 08:30 1
Are the Sony handsets already available for sale?......
8. sebaa posted on 11 Sep 2012, 09:04 0
The Tx (GX) is release so yes is for sale .. end also the T is for sale , the only one is coming is q4 ( October) is the V
16. sebaa posted on 12 Sep 2012, 16:29 0
Hello , we knew that 808 has the highest, but maybe LG say on a Android device .. until now Sony end LG has the highest resolution in a mobile smartphone (Android)13 MP, but samsung galaxy camera bit them with 16 MP.
9. redmd posted on 11 Sep 2012, 09:04 2
We should examine the final results first before the bashing.
10. PhoneArenaUser posted on 11 Sep 2012, 09:07 3
I hope that this product will be successful, so far so good, I like it. :)
11. pyradark posted on 11 Sep 2012, 09:17 2
nice sensor, but let see side to side with sony stacked 13MP
12. Sprintfan posted on 11 Sep 2012, 15:04 1
Why does LG continue to use the "Optimus" name. Any customer that has ever owned the original optimus without looking prolly doesn't want another one when the first one was pretty much free and low end? marketing fail if you ask me.
15. ChiX017 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 02:22 0
i tell you! My Optimus 3D isn't something i would miss either