LG near deal to supply flexible OLED displays to Apple for its smartwatch
0. phoneArena 29 Oct 2013, 05:10 posted on
While it might not be the sole source or even the main source of the OLED displays for the device, LG is said to be close to a deal that would have the Korean OEM supply flexible displays to Apple for the rumored iWatch; published reports have named RiTDisplay out of Taiwan as the main supplier of the glass being used for the smartwatch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Dont do it LG, apple will take the screens and then sue you claiming they invented it!!!
4. deewinc (Posts: 107; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Very true, these guyz wait until something is invented then they patent any possible uses of the technology thus preventing the inventors from using it. Samsung played smart this time round and LG shall be in for a huge surprise.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Oh dude please...c'mon now be realistic.
11. Finalflash (Posts: 1140; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Everyone does that, for that matter LG does that best. You think they're babies or something, they have a long record of stealing and bullying too. Stop looking out for giant multinationals, they really don't need it.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said FF, as if LG is quiet, and unassuming. +1
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol this doesn't sound like the type of comments you make, but that was a good one. +1
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1. Funny is funny, and that was funny lol.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5648; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Yes LG don't work with any company that BAN PRODUCTS. Plus u still need to put out your OWN SMART watch. remember your smart watch phone from early 2000 that was a nice watch phone
10. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I understand it's a good business move for LG to sell their tech to Apple. But, if I was LG, I would come out with a smartwatch first, with my flexible screens....before I sale to Apple. Going off of pass events....I would say it's not to hard to believe Apple claiming they invented it and turning around and suing LG if they ever decided to make a watch with a curved screen.