LG might ship its first flexible displays ahead of Samsung this year
0. phoneArena 10 Apr 2013, 07:10 posted on
Samsung's YOUM brand of flexible displays already got presented in prototype devices at the CES expo back in January, but we are yet to see them in commercially available mobile gear. It seems now that none other than LG, with which Samsung is in a kerfuffle with over OLED display patents, might beat it to the punch with devices employing flexible screens...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So phones will be made out of plastic only?
No thanks ™
12. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I'd like to see it bendable enough to fit in my wallet.
21. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
A bunch of fools five them credit where its due..
38. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Pretty sure samsun copied the technology from LG again.
as always, they just copy other company's developments.
8. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Only thats what you have to sayy!!i think you say this too while sleeping!!bad disease!!
10. magnanimus (Posts: 518; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
i dont say this without proof. They currently have the most powerful phone in the market. come on, try to prove me wrong
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
doesnt make your comment true, they dont rule. besides nothing stays the most powerful forever it changes constantly. now on day to day use you hardly notice the difference
specs will be like megapixels-more doesnt mean better its the final experience that counts
so yes you do say it without proof and its a real fanboy comment you made
15. magnanimus (Posts: 518; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
i agree i made a fanboy's comment but the numbers talk for themselves. Samsung is the No 1 phone manufacturer in the world.
besides, are you into iphones?
17. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no im not into iphones i aint against people who use them either
besides numbers and sales arent the full story and dont mean there the best it means there the most popular right now and have excellent marketing
face it samsung are pulling the same moves apple did-unified line up, same key design with tweaks etc and ofcourse higher prices for accessories. funny though how apple have been ripped into constantly for these moves but samsung get praised
so what else you got?
20. magnanimus (Posts: 518; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
You're just saying that because of some hidden hate for samsung. first, You have to realise that a phone company doesnt just steal a concept from another. thats what patents are for.
Samsung used to do copy back in the days with the S2 and other phones but they paid the price (Apple took the case to court and Apple won).
But the S3, S4 and the Note are just pure innovation and i'm sure you will agree with this. I know samsung has been a jackass back in 2011, but u've got to admit, now, they've got GAME.
Come at me bruv. whatelse?
22. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
this site has gone down so much when you have the faceless thumb downers just doing so as they praise samsung for everything
lets reply to you and watch your fellow fanboys protect you.
ok so everything ive said which is fact is because of hate? makes no sense you cant disprove what ive said so you try to discredit it. try harder kid samsung are going the same way as apple. all companys get too big headed and start slacking.
samsung are notorious copycats and steal others ideas for themselves again its been proven there no cleaner then apple.
the s3 wasnt innovation, it was evolution and a result of apples attack, they had to distance themselves from the s2's design. s4 again no pure innovation just an increase in specs and overall improvement on the s3 but not by much that those with the s3 need an instant upgrade to it.
now the original note, ive always said samsung hit a untapped market here and the note series are excellent pieces of tech. but they need to keep that with the note 3 as others will start coming into the phablet market
so there complete answer to your entire comment something rare on here as you ignored most of my original comment
so yeah i came at you, answered your one way comment and i bet you will only see anything against samsung like all these fanboys thumbing people down
26. magnanimus (Posts: 518; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
So your baseline is Samsung reaps from others success?
27. magnanimus (Posts: 518; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
whose side are you on exactly? Samsung, htc, Apple, Lumia?
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
why do i have to be on a side?
im on my side i buy what i like and i know all these companies couldnt care about me they only want money
seriously shows your unable to comment without trying to define someone by there choice, also your pretty sad if you chose a side
33. magnanimus (Posts: 518; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
if you were given the chance to take any phone, what will be your choice.
35. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lol so now your trying to pin me to a phone anyway you can
pretty low move but i'll play your game, and right now if i were looking for a new phone which i aint because im happy with the one ive got id be looking at either the rumored nokia with 41mp sensor or the HTC one.
36. magnanimus (Posts: 518; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
You saw right through me. I'll give it to you, you are a worthy opponent. :) We'll whatever your opinion about Sasung is, its still one of the best. besides, there is a Nokia Pureview 808 with 41mp and its been out for like a year now.
39. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ive already got the 808, its the phone im using and happy with, you asked if i was going for another device what would i look at...........no point looking at what i already own is there
and ive never said samsung arent up there, but there not what these fanboys make them out to be which im bored of hearing
and yeah this was fun, least you construct an actual comment that isnt full of bs
31. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no rusty im not, ms and nokia just like google and samsung are all after money
i aint siding with any company unlike you
have you painted yourself green yet? i know you wanna you just love android that much
32. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
He is pure ms fan...but he just acts like genius...he complains about android fans..but he comes to every android article and bashes android...
34. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
actually no sad act (cba been nice to the muppets on here)
look at every non android article, always swarmed on by android fanboys, look at the comments i reply to always one sided bs
doesnt take a genius to see android fans think because they have numbers on there side there superior to everyone
so stop pretending to be tech lovers, give real tech lovers a bad image
41. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
damn unbeliveable even after all the truth you said they still can't accept the truth, you answer every comment and they call fanboy what a closed minds people, anyway i like when you said ''im on my side i buy what i like and i know
all these companies couldnt care about me
they only want money''
23. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Ok!!by your logic if next phone from Samsung is not powerful then you will say plastic sucks!am i ryt?
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I wonder when HTC and Sony will make flexible displays.............
13. pyradark (Posts: 824; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
LOL sony is the first one who introduce flexible screen
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
2007?! Why Sony didn't make flexible displays in 2013?
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, I see......
And when Samsung announced the 'Youm', people were like 'wow magic!' in year 2012.
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia made flexible device what about that dude......!!! In nokia world 2011. Take that
40. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
akki Sony have world's first flexible full colour OLED display in 2007
also sony have World's first rollable OLED panel in 2010
just check wikipedia, and sony website if you doesn't belive me
6. khmer (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Apple just applied for a patent on that same flexible display LG phone. May be Apple bought the LG flexible display and patented.
11. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I was wondering about that...Apple just put a patent in for the same tech and very similar design as what Samsung just showed off at CES. I am all for company sharing idea and expanding on them. But it has become very clear only thing Apple wants to do, is make sure they are the only choice in town. Not actually advance tech.
30. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Why blame Apple. Blame the country which frames such LAWS where stealing and patenting is priority.
7. Topcat488 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The "folding phablet" that's pictured at 3:16 on the video, would probably be the only device that could pull me from the Note III... ))))))))Kickin' it(((((((((( Go Sammmmmmmmy!!!
9. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i remember the leaked iphone 5s /mid range iphone picture.
it has a curved glass upto its edge. i guess it has curved screen if it's true
25. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Very interesting in the NEXT GS NOTE III hope this wlil be the phone
37. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
OMG LG is coming strong to knock down samsuck!
42. R-vjn (Posts: 177; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
finally an answer to
''can you bend it??''