LG makes it official, Optimus is out; LG G2 is coming next
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2013, 22:47 posted on
In the middle of last month, we passed along the word that LG was going to remove the Optimus name from its high end models and use it for its low to mid-range devices; that has been made official as word from Seoul reached around the world. Starting with the LG G2, future models in the series will use the letter 'G' to denote that it is a high-end LG model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 235; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Isn't G2 in the Gatorade lineup as well?
3. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Gs4 is lot better and upcoming note 3 will be more perfect
4. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
G2 was a T-Mobile Android phone aka HTC Desire Z. My first android, actually.
16. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
This G2 shall be my very first smartphone :)
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
S4 > G2
in term of spec, durability, price and everything...
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Doesn't this thing have the snapdrogn 800, THREE gb ram, and a 3200 mAh battery? Hmmmmm
Samsung is garbage to me anyway so I would choose this no doubt over the s4 and the note 3
8. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Only you will chose
Other millions are smart enough to chose samsung :D
26. HouTexan (Posts: 435; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Yeah, we know you hate for no reason. LG's latest phones look exactly like galaxies
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 5338; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
one of ex-LG still stuck at ginger bread despite being promise an upgrade to ics repeatedly by their management.
After 18 months later they finally admit there no upgrade for the phone all along. Such flip flop in their upgrade announcement give me pause on all LG phone purchase.
Samsung impress me by an over delivering an upgrading of s2 2010 phone to jelly bean. For me I can pay more for a well supported phone.
12. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The S2 came out in 2011, but your point still stands.
14. DONUT (Posts: 407; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
my Note got JB and the update was buggy as hell. whats the point of updates when the updates are not even stable
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 5338; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
that's a valid point too! for me it's a bit wacky too still I did a hardware reset losing data that are not kept in the MicroSD or cloud.
Android update still need device hardware reset to be stable, a pain point.
21. DONUT (Posts: 407; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
even after resetting mine still had sh*t loads of issues and the phone died on me. im never going to back to Samsung EVER
23. joey_sfb (Posts: 5338; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Ok. wish you better luck with your new brand new purchase.
20. justsayit (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 May 2013)
i think u drunk already!
how it better? dim led screen? the cam that can't take picture at night? processor, nowday all the high-end smartphone have same one? gpu, samsung only has a nvdia powered phone,old phone?most are from qualcom or samsung
what a joke, samsung phone's plastic is recycle ones... haiz... buy a thing which already used by other,what 600$!
in my country, lg phone alway has the "cheapiest" price for a flagship and good quality
when u try to accept the fact :)
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
LG G2 sounds a bit awkward. Lumia A1020, HTC C2, Huawei I3, IPhone Nano...
18. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Well since the Optimus G Pro, LG flagships look like Galaxies, same curved design, plastic, hyperglazed for the G2, LG covers Samsung too.
24. HouTexan (Posts: 435; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Lol you people talk about samsung having ugly devices, yet say LG phones look good. THEY LOOK EXACTLY LIKE GALAXIES!
22. 3rdDegree (Posts: 213; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
LG is much better than Samsung, they make the best displays on a smartphone I've ever seen, they're much more affordable and use premium materials in their "G" series phones, unlike Samsung who stick by plastic and make their phones ridiculously over priced.
LG is leading the way for sure.
27. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Give me Nexus 5 or death... okay, I'll settle for a Nexus 4, death is a little extreme.