LG looks to sell 75 million phones in 2013 including a few Windows Phone 8 models?
0. phoneArena 15 Jan 2013, 22:31 posted on
Korean manufacturer LG plans to sell 75 million phones in 2013 according to an executive of one of LG's local partners who opened up to the Korean Times, and not only will 45 million of the handsets be smartphones, but some of them will be powered by Windows Phone 8; as a comparison, fellow Korean manufacturer Samsung plan on producing more than 500 million handsets including 300 million smartphones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cripton805 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I remember when I got a ton of thumbs down here on PA because I said it sucked that LG was making the next Nexus. Even though it seemed like a great phone, but because LG is a crappy company... They just seem to find a way to screw us, wether it's demand or buggy phones.
After all of the problems with demand... I ******* TOLD YOU SO!
2. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Oh wow demand. Really? That's what you're criticizing LG for? It's the best nexus by far. Also you're just butt hurt cause you couldn't get one.
8. cripton805 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Obviously the best Nexus so far. "No $hit".
It's the newest, so it better be.
Not the best for it's time. You would have to argue with the Nexus extremists for that one.
11. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Its the best because of its price point
All nexus phone had great specs for there time but this nexus came with great specs and price.
9. cripton805 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Oh and hell no I ain't butt hurt that I didn't get one.
I don't even want one. I'd still pick a damn Thunderbolt over it because it has LTE alone. I'm happy with my GS3 and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon unless I got a steal on a Sony Xperia Z.
3. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lol this retard can't understand simple demand and supply concept
6. cripton805 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I understand supply and demand perfectly.
The problem is that they ARE NOT making to many to begin with.
So if I have 5 plates of great food a day for a restaurant that is succesful and busy, is it supply or demand? Or is it just extremely limited to the point it would be a NO BRAINER to sell out?
Figure that S*** out before you call me a retard next time.
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
The N4 shortage problem is Google's fault, not LG's. GG subsidize the phone and the more they sell, the more money they lose. The same thing happens with N10 as well.
I guess later on when the cost of N4 comes down we will see more N4 on Play Store.
17. cripton805 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Please provide reference toward that statement because everything Ive read has said that Google is directly blaming LG for the Nexus 4s limited sales. Not once have I read that Google is behind it.
4. shamu11 (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
better get started on making more nexus' then haha
5. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Yea LG sucks I tried them, never again buying an lg phone, Sony or samsung all the way.
7. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1076; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I'm interested in seeing an LG windows phone but only if it can be as good as a top notch Nokia. No mid range crap.
10. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
its fHD, quad core, 2gig ram, nfc era.........whats next
UHD, 8core , 3/4 gig ram, era
12. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Ah good the competition is going to be exciting as samsung has planned around 350-400 million of theirs for next year.
13. Ruckus (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
LG is hit and miss. They'll make a terrible phone then make a power house like the Optimus G. I for one being a Windows Phone 8 fan support LG making this move. LG is just being smart like Samsung and making phones with multiple OS's. What's not to like about that??
16. Tips_y (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
LG making WP8 phones?!! They make some of the ugliest looking phones.around so no thank you. If all they can add to WP8 is more of the same, then they better stay away from WP8.
18. techloverNYC (Posts: 515; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
1)Mass media market, I mean you have to let ppl see the phone everywhere (lk apple I guess)
2)produce 75 million nexus 5
3)sell it at $300.