LG lifts the veil over its True HD IPS display, says it's better than AMOLED
0. phoneArena 10 Oct 2011, 04:58 posted on
The display has 720x1280 pixels crammed in the 4.5" diagonal size, which gives it 329ppi pixel density, making it the first retail handset to beat Apple iPhone 4's and iPhone 4S's Retina Display in that respect. Moreover, this stunning display resolution is achieved with a regular RGB matrix, not the PenTile arrangement ...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nonapplepolisher (unregistered)
Ok, that gal looks better than SuperAmoled. Period :P
3. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Honestly when initially looked at this article, the girl caught my eye first. Lolz!!!
10. Alex (unregistered)
She is actress in South Korea. LOL
14. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
You got it! Makes me wanna lubba lubba. Lolzz
15. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
If i thumb u down, sorry by accident. Meant up.
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Don't worry remixfa I got you! I will thumb you up! lol
I have done that a couple of times.
This screen is beast, RGB IS the way to go. I really want one of those HD screens. Hubba, hubba is right! lol Thumbs up for all! :-)
20. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oh.. there was a new screen in the photo too?? :)
28. corporateJP (Posts: 1190; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
She looks mad young.
But, sadly, she's probably like 29 or 30.
30. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
how is that sad??? lol. i see no reason to be sad about a girl that is 30 and looks like she is 20. that would make me quite happy actually. Get the looks AND the life experience. :)
2. zemig (unregistered)
By my calculations it still dosen t beat the iphone retina display wich has 330dpi against 326,3 dpi of this phone and not 329 as was mentioned on this article..
5. Daniel.P (Posts: 97; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Apple itself quotes the Retina Display as 326ppi, and LG says 329ppi in the press release. The difference with your calculation is because of number rounding - i.e. the iPhone screen is ~3.54" (rounded to 3.5") while the LG one is probably ~4.456" (rounded to 4.5").
9. zemig (unregistered)
Thank you for the clarification;) now that makes sense..
32. Debbie (unregistered)
That is great screens are getting higher in res, but can this LG display give you the color that a super amoled gives. That is blacks as black and not washed out grey...etc, after getting my first super amoled with the epic I don't think I can ever go back to any phone that does not have a super amoled screen.
35. ToneDef (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Debbie, I have to agree with you here. AMOLED is not for you if you want your phone to show true-to-life colours. For me,it is that vivid eye-popping eye candy that keeps me glued to my ol' faithful SGS. Every advance in screen tech (by any company) is to be lauded as it moves us all forward.
4. HarryKeh (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Sep 2011)
Get serious man ... Whats the point here ? The important thing is that this is a retina hd display and not 5 dpis difference ...
6. lalal (unregistered)
Honestly, what's good in there? LG may have a good display but what's the use of it if they have a ugly UI?
7. droidnator (Posts: 86; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Since when do LG have a ugly UI? You got confused there pal, we are not talking about Samsung and their TouchWiz.
Optimus UI is pretty cool and somewhat innovative! Just a simple example - the weather widget, that was first introduced with LG Optimus 2X! Now it has quite a few clones in the Market! Not to mention the widget grid and adding widgets on the homescreens...
In my opinion LG is the most misjudged phone manufacturer lately! Open your eyes people - it HAD crappy phones. Not anymore. Now it just rocks!
13. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the LG UI is a direct rip of TouchWiz, droid.. the fact that you like the generic and very much less functional version with LG is just kinda silly to me.. lol.
16. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
True. The UI is not unique but it offers many things different.
Lg is just so misjudged right now. They make cheap high quality phones. (G2X!!)
26. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
LG had their UI first, even though it wasnt for android first, they had it on feature phones..
31. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and samsung has been using touchwiz for like 5 years, which is longer than LG's UI. They copy each other, samsung however has taken the UI look and made it infinitely more functional.
34. droidnator (Posts: 86; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Face it, remix. There are people who like LG, and others who hate them. Perfectly natural, it's a matter of personal preference. But when a few people tell you that LG's UI isn't bad at all, accept it, why fight the crowd? You like Sammy better, that's cool. Let's not divide the Android team into manufacturer fanboy clubs. Just don't hate on others ;) That's what iOS is for :D
29. corporateJP (Posts: 1190; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Who says LG HAD crappy phones?
I had a Voyager and a Versa that would both be happy to argue that point, plus quite a few friends with Dare's and Tritan's that were satisfied.
8. who's that girl (unregistered)
I don't know what this article is about but THAT GIRL!? Wow!
12. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I agree. Wow! She is a distraction to the true purpose of this article.
18. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
60% of commentators on this article prefer hot Korean babes to LG phones.
19. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I second your comment, and
oh yeah, that girl caught my eye too :/!
23. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
wow. show one pic of a girl on a tech site and everyone starts acting like horny dogs hahaha.
27. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Good to put our difference aside and talk about something else besides our love for phones. By the way, look at pic two lovelies side by side. Which stimulates you more? Ahuh, you know I'm right. Lolzzz!
24. Gilgehmesh (unregistered)
Here the link to the picture everyone really wants to see... the full body shot of the three people... not that you guys want to see the full body shot of the old men as well:
25. Gilgehmesh (unregistered)
Oops, the link didn't show up.. must be the spam blocker..
33. koreampuff (unregistered)
lol that's min hyo rin, a korean actress. she's not thirty actually; she's twenty six I think?
I watched some of the stuff she was in :)