LG launches flagship LG Optimus 4X HD and LG Optimus L5 in India
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2012, 00:21 posted on
LG has launched a couple of smartphones in India that are nearly polar opposites; on one end you have the quad-core LG Optimus 4X HD while on the other end is the LG Optimus L5 with a single-core 800MHz processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nadar.bsm (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
will wait for couple or three months ... price will go down...
or will get next Nexus in Dec....
3. tanim (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
Nexus in December!!!!
Better buy Nexus one now. Will come a lot cheaper
2. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Optimus L5 - ($239 = INR 13,199)
GN7 - ($200 = INR 15,000) .....though GN7 isn't officialy realesed in india yet but in october the price will be approx 15000 (8 GB)..well its avaliable now in online for around 17000.
9. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
GN7 is a tab. and it's approx 12000 for the 8 GB version. 14000 should give the 16 GB version. But it's still unreleased in India. Who's selling it for 17000 now? Must be an imported one.
11. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
yah i know GN7 is a tab..lol...indiatimes and ebay is selling it..yes imported...and the 8 gb will cost around 15000 and 16 gb will cost around 19000 after the official realese in india....you cant get it for 12000.
15. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
right, but why are you comparing it with LG L5 then?
16. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
i am comparing the price converted into rupee
Optimus L5 - ($239 = INR 13,199)
GN7 - ($200 = INR 15,000)......why GN7 will cost more ??
if $239= INR 13199 then $200 equal to should be around INR 10,000.
17. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
oh, got it.
btw, these prices drop with time, so that can explain the difference. The $239 and $199 are MRPs.
4. aayupanday (Posts: 520; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
This device gets outshined by its Tegra 3 counterpart the HTC One X in almost each and every aspect.
5. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'd be surprised if the L5 would even turn on given the 154 mAh battery. ;P
7. xtplnet (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
LG Optimus 4X HD certainly has a impressive specification , will boost sell in India if come up with more competitive price range between 25000 - 30000 Rs.
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh fail by lg... sorry but hardware and software isn't lg's strong point! especially the L5! it cost too much and by its hardware like the chipset and its pixels its too much for its price! sorry but this is fail! it cost more than 10,000 philippine peso... you can already get a lenovo P700 on that price, at least it has dual sim capability ICS 4" IPS display and 1ghz of processor! same goes with acer's new leak phone the Liquid Gallant Duo same dual sim ICS 4" display and 1ghz processor! but im betting on the new acer phone! its more cheaper!
for the 3rd world countries, dual sim is a need now!
12. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Price will not down bcoz we have to pay 56 rupees for 1 dollar,india is getting poor day after day
19. nadar.bsm (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
sad but true... dollar price is on a very high... :( :( :(
13. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
The only reason why i would pick the lg 4x over the one x is the small form factor of the optimus 4x, none of the other specs make it stand out.
18. nadar.bsm (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Optimus 4x has removable battery... microSD card slot... normal SIM card slot... & you say "none of other specs make it stand out." .... LOLzzzzzzz.....
20. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Sim slot is no big deal and 32gb of internal memory is sufficient unless u want to use your phone as a portable media player, and u should know that internal memories are much faster than SD cards, thats why HTC didnt allow the use of SD cards with ONE X. and most of all its the looks of the phone which everyone want for, and the ONE X is such a beauty over the brick like 4X
21. nadar.bsm (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I do agree on what u said.... internal mermory are much faster than external one.....
One X polycarbonate design is superb -- no doubt...
but I still preferrer MicroSD card slot on a mobile phones...