LG holding launch event on December 1st, LG Nitro to be unleashed?
The Nitro HD is thought to be an AT&T variant of the Optimus LTE, which is already available in Korea. The Nitro HD has starred in a couple blurry-cam shots. It will be a dual-core handset shipping with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and the now-standard 1GB of RAM. It is rumored to be coming with a 4.5 inch 720p display, which would make it the first second phone in the U.S. to beat the pixel density of Apple’s iPhone 4/4S display, the first being the HTC Rezound.
It is expected to be yet another LTE phone for AT&T, although its generous specs and fast HSDPA+ radio should help it appeal to customers in a wide range of markets, not just the lucky ones that dwell within AT&T’s nascent LTE network.
Without an announcement the name could change, and obviously pricing is not yet available, although it seems like a good bet that these details will be revealed in another 9 days. Anyone on AT&T interested in picking one of these up?
1. itsthenew (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Oct 2010)
The Rezound has a 720p display on a 4.3inch screen, so wouldn't it be the second?
5. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The Rezound was the first in the U.S. The Optimus LTE released in Korea first.
11. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
lol, Rezound is first what?? The Nitro is first at beating the iphone pixel density.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5556; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Rezound has a 720p HD LCD display at 4.3"
16. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
You are correct. Rezound was first in US.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5556; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe they mean with an IPS display.
2. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Heck Yes. Looks amazing. I'm all about the screen on a phone. Bout time someone put out a better display than the iPhone, ha, especially since LG had been making their screens anyway.
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
\".....shipping with Android 2.3 Gingerbread\". Now PhoneArena can list this as a con in it\'s review for it, not before ICS became public to developers.
6. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
ICS has been available for days. It takes more time than that to smooth out the bumps of a software for a phone.
9. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
You\'re right, but the problem with LG phones is there terrible support after buying the phone itself. If it was HTC or Samsung that wouldn\'t be much of a problem.
4. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Besides the usual hardware, LG says this display is the best in the market. I guess I have to see it formyself.
I hope its cheap,
7. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
" which would make it the first phone to beat the pixel density of Apple’s iPad 4/4S display"
that should be Apple's Iphone 4/4S not Ipad.
you are welcome!! :P
8. android1234 (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
First phone on at&t to beat pixel density
10. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Should be the 3rd LTE 4G AT&T phone - LG needs to produce better phones - their rep has been taken a hit in recent months.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5556; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe we'll see some Revolution 2 action? ;]
lol probably not. we'll probably see it at CES.
15. shelley.bevacqua (Posts: 76; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
I hope to see this baby on Verizon !
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6215; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Whats the point its only Gingerbread not Ice Cream Sandwich