LG holding launch event on December 1st, LG Nitro to be unleashed?
The Nitro HD is thought to be an AT&T variant of the Optimus LTE, which is already available in Korea. The Nitro HD has starred in a couple blurry-cam shots. It will be a dual-core handset shipping with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and the now-standard 1GB of RAM. It is rumored to be coming with a 4.5 inch 720p display, which would make it the first second phone in the U.S. to beat the pixel density of Apple’s iPhone 4/4S display, the first being the HTC Rezound.
It is expected to be yet another LTE phone for AT&T, although its generous specs and fast HSDPA+ radio should help it appeal to customers in a wide range of markets, not just the lucky ones that dwell within AT&T’s nascent LTE network.
Without an announcement the name could change, and obviously pricing is not yet available, although it seems like a good bet that these details will be revealed in another 9 days. Anyone on AT&T interested in picking one of these up?
1. itsthenew posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:02 6 0
The Rezound has a 720p display on a 4.3inch screen, so wouldn't it be the second?
5. jamrockjones posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:06 4 0
The Rezound was the first in the U.S. The Optimus LTE released in Korea first.
11. networkdood posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:33 2 0
lol, Rezound is first what?? The Nitro is first at beating the iphone pixel density.
13. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Nov 2011, 16:09 1 0
the Rezound has a 720p HD LCD display at 4.3"
16. N.Reynolds posted on 22 Nov 2011, 16:33 2 0
You are correct. Rezound was first in US.
2. jamrockjones posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:03 1 0
Heck Yes. Looks amazing. I'm all about the screen on a phone. Bout time someone put out a better display than the iPhone, ha, especially since LG had been making their screens anyway.
3. Muhannad posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:04 1 1
\".....shipping with Android 2.3 Gingerbread\". Now PhoneArena can list this as a con in it\'s review for it, not before ICS became public to developers.
6. jamrockjones posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:08 4 0
ICS has been available for days. It takes more time than that to smooth out the bumps of a software for a phone.
9. Muhannad posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:26 1 0
You\'re right, but the problem with LG phones is there terrible support after buying the phone itself. If it was HTC or Samsung that wouldn\'t be much of a problem.
4. rockstarlive posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:06 0 0
Besides the usual hardware, LG says this display is the best in the market. I guess I have to see it formyself.
I hope its cheap,
7. Habib posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:13 5 0
" which would make it the first phone to beat the pixel density of Apple’s iPad 4/4S display"
that should be Apple's Iphone 4/4S not Ipad.
you are welcome!! :P
10. networkdood posted on 22 Nov 2011, 15:30 0 0
Should be the 3rd LTE 4G AT&T phone - LG needs to produce better phones - their rep has been taken a hit in recent months.
14. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Nov 2011, 16:10 0 0
maybe we'll see some Revolution 2 action? ;]
lol probably not. we'll probably see it at CES.
18. InspectorGadget80 posted on 22 Nov 2011, 17:30 0 1
Whats the point its only Gingerbread not Ice Cream Sandwich