LG flaunts 5-inch 1080p display prototype
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:10
Over at Display Week you are sure to find some of the biggest and brightest displays on the planet, but among the monstrosities begging to be the next gadget to garnish your living room walls, you’ll find a new offering from LG that packs big screen specs into a tiny package...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Hunt3rj2 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:18 8 0
I want to see this in an HTC Galaxy Note competitor. NAOOOOOOOO
28. Tadoya posted on 06 Jun 2012, 14:39 2 1
HTC Galaxy Note, don't you mean Samsung Galaxy Note?
29. Berzerk000 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 15:59 1 0
I think he worded it as in, he wants this to be in HTC's competitor against the Galaxy Note.
26. baldilocks posted on 06 Jun 2012, 11:49 6 1
Why would Apple sue? You know that LG designed the display used in the iPhone 4 and 4S right?
Can't believe all of the uneducated people that post on here.
6. raymond71 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:38 12 3
if tim cook see this..im betting apple will mke a deal with LG on this screen and they will call it.."Retina display 2 made by Apple" . . .
27. baldilocks posted on 06 Jun 2012, 11:50 0 4
LG designed the original iPhone 4/4S screen, so what's your point?
30. Berzerk000 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 16:02 2 0
His point is, Apple buys things from other companies, puts it in their product, and markets it like Apple themselves made it when really all they did was shell out the cash for it.
7. cttan456 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:45 4 5
Totally pointless for a 5 inch screen except if you want to mirror to a 1080p HDTV and use it while connected to the charger all the time
What's the point of having such high res on such a small screen when the human cannot see the difference unless its viewed 10cm or nearer or when a microscope is used which nobody does.
If they can make it consume the same amount of energy or less as the 720p displays by that time, I say bring it on, if not, then its a step backwards.
13. SherlockHolmes posted on 06 Jun 2012, 02:56 1 2
My friend the images would be more sharp and clear and that difference you will be able to see with the naked eye !!
32. cttan456 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 23:19 0 0
If you can see the difference between 340ppi and 440ppi at normal viewing distance then you have my envy for having such extraordinary eyesight because the human eye cannot see pixelation above 300ppi.
31. DigitalBoy05 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 16:53 0 0
marketing products sometimes means striking a deal with the devil. i dont see a need for it either because i look at my phone without a magnifying glass lol.
on the subject of mirroring... why cant they just treat the video out as a different resolution much like a computer can connect to multiple monitors with different resolutions? mobile hardware has the processing capabilities of it im sure.
9. maryaaadil posted on 06 Jun 2012, 00:35 1 8
Sammys know how to beat compitition.
They beat HTC One X with SGSIII and they gonna kill this too with note 2. Maybe Note 3.
I m having a Note and loving it.
12. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 06 Jun 2012, 02:13 5 0
And after this awesome introduction of new technology, competition will need to copy ASAP.
14. cGmC11 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 03:14 1 1
This screen will debut in the Google RAZR Nexus this November 5!
34. u-suck-more posted on 10 Jun 2012, 07:37 0 0
if the next Nexus were to use this screen, it for sure wont be made by Motorola. LG wont just let Motorola use just bcos they are going to make e Nexus. if this were to be on e Nexus, it would be a LG made Nexus phone. plus, we still dont know who is going to be e next manufacturer to make e Nexus
15. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 06 Jun 2012, 03:58 1 7
Still cant compete the latest SAMOLED!! FAIL!!!
23. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 06 Jun 2012, 07:16 3 0
Sales of what?
18. samfrancisco posted on 06 Jun 2012, 04:54 0 3
They were also the first to market a horrible dual-core smartphone. Even made it to the Guinness World Records. Worst, they even lied about the smartphone's specs.
20. samfrancisco posted on 06 Jun 2012, 05:00 0 2
19. jackhammeR posted on 06 Jun 2012, 04:57 2 0
at last..something fresh and new...like always, from LG> if only they improved their updates, design and battery life...they would be a strong competitor for sdammy, htc and apple. They've got the best technology and experience when it comes to displays...bring it on LG. Don't screw this like your previous flagships.
22. Suts_97 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 05:30 2 4
When LG can make something like this, I'm pretty sure Samsung can make something even better!
25. quryous (banned) posted on 06 Jun 2012, 11:22 1 1
Now, Samsung, pay attention. THE GALAXY NOTE 2 should also have this same resolution, but not with Pentile.