LG confirms that the Optimus G unibody sports a glass back with patented "Crystal Reflection" design
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:19
We asked LG for clarification what exactly is the material that the back of the upcoming Optimus G monster is made of, as we couldn't believe our eyes when we read glass in the press release, and it turned out to be indeed the case...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. IamYourFather6657 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:24 18
Lg's design are always nice just that their updates and ui sucks .
3. Birds posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:38 14
Their most recent UX is actually very, very, good. You still must be thinking about that 2011 iPhone ripoff UX that was buggy and stuff.
10. ph00ny posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:36 1
Now days, when someone says UX describing a mobile device i think of TW UX on Samsung.
22. redmd posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:11 2
I find their UI nostalgic and I kinda like that. It has functionality we need and then some.
9. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:31 10
Actually, I don't like LG Optimus 4X HD design. But agree, there is some not bad looking LG smartphones.
26. IamYourFather6657 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:46 2
I think the 4X looks kinda like a Galaxy s2 , which looks kinda nice . Only have more neat looking capacitive buttons and larger
28. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:59 1
In my opinion Samsung Galaxy S II looks better than LG Optimus 4X HD. :)
14. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:59 10
You know something, I am going to keep a CLOSE eye on this phone. LG has never been on my radar but this phone actually has everything. POWER, SPEED, & BEAUTY all in one VERY sexy shell.
I have to say LG has got my attention, just deliver & you might have MILLIONS of very happy & SATESFIED customers worldwide.
16. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 07:01 2
Sorry "satisfied". I still type too fast for my own good. lol
2. wendygarett posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:26 15
HA!! Take that Apple! ! !
Let see how you sue this patented product ! ! !
8. groupsacc posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:19 11
Apple wouldn't have the balls to sue LG. cough**prada**cough
15. IliyaBeshkov posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:59 3
Nowadays people are very naive and think they know everything... Stop spaming over the internet... Apple sues Samsung because the sales of there high-end smartphones, tablets and even phablets are interrupting Apple's sales in the US!!!
17. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 07:04 7
lol I know, Apple is going to say...."GLASS?!?!?!?" "No one can use GLASS. We patented GLASS. The only people who can use GLASS are the bottle makers & Window makers. THAT IS IT!!!!!" lol
29. PapaSmurf posted on 30 Aug 2012, 09:34 0
I read the comments on articles, and every time I see your picture, I get distracted and forget what I was going to post. Damn you pretty Vietnamese woman!
31. LostInTheRed posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:38 2
You do realize that's just a stock photo right?
WARNING: Some links NSFW
The name of the girl in the pic is Elly Tran Ha
35. IamYourFather6657 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 23:56 0
Big boobs asian , nice
20. PhoneArenaUser posted on 30 Aug 2012, 07:34 4
LOL! Then Apple will have to sue a mother nature because even lightning can create a glass.
More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F
33. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 30 Aug 2012, 14:02 0
Can I be paid to be the lawyer who represents mother nature? lol
18. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 30 Aug 2012, 07:15 0
Does LG supply parts to Apple? If they do, expect a lawsuit so Apple can get discounted pricing.
23. u-suck-more posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:21 2
LG makes their screens lol. the most expensive part~
27. IliyaBeshkov posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:52 0
Even Samsung and Sony are manufacturing the processor(Samsung) and the camera (Sony) for Apple !!
4. frydaexiii posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:39 4
lol, So it's bedazzled...with glass??? Ok, what ever you say LG.
5. Berzerk000 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:54 4
Didn't expect this. I expected plastic, but nope, sparkly glass AND unibody design... Kind of screams iPhone, but since they registered the patent I guess it's alright. Let's just hope it isn't as fragile...
6. No_Nonsense posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:58 4
Thank you for sparing us another ridiculous lawsuit.
7. Nathan_ingx posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:05 0
LG's own camera module, eh??? Being pessimistic, i don't think it will do well just yet...
Hm....just worried about the price!!
11. FranksGT posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:37 0
I think its a nice change, sick of holding a plastic phone from every carrier besides crap apple.
12. ph00ny posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:41 0
Sadly, my iphone 4s is wrapped around in a mophie battery case so that not so crappy glass doesn't break when i drop it and it gives me the extra battery i need to get through the entire day
13. CX3NT3_713 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:42 0
Hmmmm,, I wonder how it feels :-) ... but will it blend?
21. bloodline posted on 30 Aug 2012, 07:40 5
I have to admit, this is the first time LG has my attention. Can't wait for this product review
24. redmd posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:37 0
It will have a premium feel but I worry about the battery life because this might mean non removable battery.
30. Firedrops posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:03 1
Good to see LG giving so much focus to the designs, but I'm pretty sure anyone who'd get such an amazing(and expensive) phone would want to protect it to the best of their ability.
Unless that phone has some serious ruggedness to go along with its looks, that back is likely going to be covered under a protective case ):
32. LostInTheRed posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:46 2
Now this is real design patenting. A unique and never before seen styled glass backing on a device. Stuff like this deserves a patent, not a rectangle with rounded corners. I'm looking forward to seeing this in person. From the description and teaser pic, it looks good.