LG confirms it will update the Optimus 2X and others to Android Ice Cream Sandwich
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2011, 09:12 posted on
LG issued a rebuttal on its Facebook page, of the rumors that it will leave the first phone with dual-core chipset, the LG Optimus 2X, out in the cold regarding Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
will the g2x get it too? or same stuff?
g2x has gingerbread right?
9. Fallin (Posts: 65; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
I have the G2X and it has the gingerbread update. I hope it does get the ICS.
2. march173 (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
well,it going rolling out to their phone when another version of android newer than ice-cream sandwich released
3. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
How you take this news depends on how charitable you want to be toward LG. "LG is currently in the process of planning the ICS OS update" could be taken to mean they're planning the update but are nowhere near starting work on it. They could be planning the update for Q4 2012.
4. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
They haven't provided Gingerbread and they're talkin' ICS.
6. redmd (Posts: 998; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Wait, just wait a sec, first where's GB on my O2X?
Too bad LG, O2X will be my last LG smartphone.
7. droidnator (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Yeah yeah yeah, LG sucks, and Sammy and Apple are perfect and spit-shining flawless. Haters!
8. downphoenix (Posts: 2621; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
LG did the same thing after the Optimus came out, saying that it wasnt powerful enough for Gingerbread so they weren't gonna port it, then Google corrected them and they changed their mind and said they would bring it. Then, they dragged their feet for 10 months or so before they brought it. I expect a similar outcome here.