LG beats Samsung to the punch by announcing eye movement technology for the LG Optimus G Pro
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2013, 20:19 posted on
Now that the feature that tracks your eyes to scroll content on a smartphone screen is not coming top the Samsung Galaxy S 4 as originally thought, it is fellow Korean manufacturer LG that will be the first to take this technology to the public with Smart Video, a feature that will stop and start videos from playing based on what you're looking at...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
This is almost funny: Samsung one up'd, and LG sitting pretty ;o)
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3614; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't think the feature is quite there yet... I mean it's just for watching videos!! I don't think it can get very functional with that...or most will wave it off, saying who needs that.
15. jroc74 (Posts: 5996; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Whats even funnier is someone claimed in another article that Samsung is hardly innovative...and no Android OEM is.
So this is about to be ....2 differetn OEM's that will have this feature in their phone. It will be a lil later for Samsung....but its coming.
19. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Lg needs to give it a rest. Everyone is chasing to catch Samsung in the tech game. The Galaxy S4 will be announced tomorrow and probably will have the tracking technology i wouldn't say it won't yet. Who's Bloomberg anyway. Plus we all know that Lg is extremely weak in software development and implementation of features. We won't even discuss the crappy update abilities they always have had. Lg stinks and everyone knows it. The Galaxy S4 and upcoming Galaxy Note 3 will Trump any device in 2013. My Galaxy Note 2 pimp slaps this silly Lg Optimus G pro.
27. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
That's wishful thinking, hoping that Samsung exceeds every other smartphone OEM in terms of innovation and quality, but each to their own..
28. supersammyfans (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Yes i totally agree with you, LG was totally making a useless crappy phone in this market.... Oppsss sorry, my mistake i should correct the sentence, IS every manufacturer out there other than Sammy are making rubbish phone, no wonder everyone going for Sammy~
2. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
seems like this eye scrolling is a key lime pie feature...
just like samsung tried to high jack standard android features and brand them a samsung feature...
14. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
I don't think they steal them, I just think they market them because no other manufacture that makes android phones do it. Heck a lot of great features on android are unknown and unheard of because they're not marketed. Now put those same features on an iPhone they will be AMAZING. Why? Because Apple markets their features.
3. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Now we will see many supporters for lg suddenly....
4. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Awh poor Samsung. This is why I love competition.
5. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Now if LG could just create some Android ad blocking software for their phones, they would be on top of the heap.
6. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Just another gimmicky software in the phone, nothing "amazing".
7. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Come on!!! LG........and let the vote down rain on me...
17. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
only idiots buy LG they never update there phone and peice of grabage.
30. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I can agree LG has been the worst when it comes to updates, but some of us buy the phone for what it has in the present rather than looking for future updates with that perspective i find most LG phones to offer very good hardware for the money (atleast in my country).
9. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
I believe that sm user are bot..... coz any view which is anti sammy receives instant vote downs.......
10. warrenellis (Posts: 97; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
that would mean that samsung fans are getting like apple fans
12. mike2959 (Posts: 519; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
That's cool and everything, but how about LG updating the At&T Optimus G? Oh.. I forgot it's a carrier issue.
13. mgthefrey (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
I think the title is suppose to say Optimus G Pro, not the Optimus G.
18. Lyngdoh (Posts: 238; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Are you sure the video 'stops'? If it stops this is a bummer. Gaze away and the video starts again from the beginning *sight* 'Pause' will do just fine.
20. voxmarc (Posts: 332; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
so and so....when will it come?nextyear?...i have a friend who have 2x until now no updates while s2 is already on jellybean......which will have it first....you do the math guys!
21. abish1234 (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
LOL..first of all its LG.. who gives a S*** what features it brings.. its just a piece of garbage...Even if it could produce a holographic image and grant wishes no one would buy it :P
24. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Wow, so many bashers. You guys never noticed that LG is already improving.
31. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree, everyone seems to hate LG, they didn't even use the G Pro yet, and now they say LG piece of garbage, LG copys, LG is bad at updates blah blah blah.....
29. mydi.maus (unregistered)
SAMSUNG COPY LG right? yeah,,,.
32. majedlutfi (Posts: 34; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
lg is the best but the update is it's problem but i think now they are fixing that and updating thier smartphones
33. majedlutfi (Posts: 34; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
however i still think that the optimus g pro is the best right now and i am waiting for the optimus g 2 and nexus 5 they will be powerd by octa core processer 3gigs of ram and a 16 megapixel nikon!! camera
these tow will be the beasts of this year
and waiting for the motorola x