LG announces stacked, curved and cable batteries to go with flexible display phones
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2013, 02:58 posted on
LG Chem flaunted the so-called Cable Battery, which is the ultimate in flexibility, as it allows you to bend, twist and even tie it in a knot. Its thin film, however, is designed for low electricity usage and minimum heating, so it might not be ready for powerful smartphones just yet, but is meant for wearables like smart glasses and watches...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. Haridenberg (Posts: 27; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
What amazes me the most is the third one, you know, if you have a flexible battery and a flexible display, then you have a flexible phone.
The SoC doesn't take that much space anyway, place it in the center of the phone, and you don't need a "flexible processor"! LOL!
17. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Yes it is. But the worse part is this won't even be flagged as innovation in the stupid American media. They are still to concerned with the basic crap apple does. Pathetic.
2. jeff1434325 (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
seems like LG is really stepping up their R&D.
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3428; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Innovation is in R&D. Great LG... Sammy will catch up soon. :)
4. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1559; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
SSSSHHhhhh!! QUIET,.sammy still figuring on how to do this..
6. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
LOL +1 to you.. They will definitely pirate R&D from LG!
9. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
LG definitely the dark horse. Very excited for whatever they bring!
10. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 226; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Lets call this age,the age of flexibility :D
12. Cyberchum (Posts: 454; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Wow! Nobody saw this coming. LG IS definitely on the rise.
13. papss (unregistered)
Good for them for working new battery tech.