x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече

LG Voyager and Venus available for Pre-Order

Posted: , by Nanko R.

LG Voyager and Venus available for Pre-Order
LG Voyager and Venus available for Pre-Order
LG Voyager and Venus available for Pre-Order
As we told you yesterday the LG Venus and Voyager are both available for Pre-Order starting today, November 8th. Current Pricing is shown as:
  • LG Venus in Back: $199 on a 2 year contract and $369 at full retail.
  • LG Voyager: $299 on a 2 year contract and $469 at full retail.

The 2 year pricing is incorporating a $50 Instant Rebate. If you wait to purchase the phone from a Verizon Store, you will then pay $50 more for the 2 year price and will be given a $50 Mail in Rebate to complete and send it. There also seems to be a little confusion as to when the pre-orders for the Voyager placed through the web site will be shipped. Some sources list Nov 21st, while others say it has been changed to Nov 16th. We will update you once we know positive which date the pre-orders are to be shipped

Unfortunately, the Venus in Pink is not listed on the web site. We have been told the pink Venus will we not be released until mid-December. We don't understand why this is, since it makes more sense to have it available before Black Friday (Thanksgiving Weekend).

Please continue to check PhoneArena for updates on the Venus and Voyager, as well as our Full Reviews expected later this month.

*Update*:

Verizon's Next site now show the Voyager with an Available (shipping and in-store) date of Nov 21. The Venus in Black will be on Nov 19, but the Venus in Pink will not be out until Dec 11.

LG Voyager and Venus available for Pre-Order
LG Voyager and Venus available for Pre-Order
LG Voyager and Venus available for Pre-Order

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

1. V-Lover (unregistered)

Verizon thanks for not changing on me. Im so proud of you. Maybe I should cook you dinner. What are you doin Nov. 21st....saaaay..... 7:00pm?

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 08:45

2. Kirk (unregistered)

Verizon says neither the Venus nor the Voyager can be pre-ordered. This in spite of publicizing the pre-order day - today - form months now. Anyone know why? Please, don't blame the UI for this.

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 08:51

I was able to preorder the Venus, but not the Voyager. The website is having problems processing Voyager preorders right now.

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 09:21

4. Beault (unregistered)

according to verizon they weren't suppose to be out online today, thats why everybody is having trouble with the voyager, but there was about a 15 minute period when people were able to order them, but unfortanatly i missed it. they said that they are trying to fix the mistake, and that there is no set preorder or release date as of 10 minutes ago

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 09:56

5. FAUguy (unregistered)

I just spoke with a Tier 3 Internet Tech about the Pre-Order issue with the Voyager. She said that they are aware that some customers cannot place pre-orders while others can. They consider this a Priority 1 issue and they have been working on resolving it since 8am. They have received a lot of calls from customers that are having the Pre-order problem. The IT Department said they expect the issue to be fixed within the next 24 hours.

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 10:09

What about LG Earth, Mars, Jupiter. and all of the other planets?

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 10:49

7. Dickskin Condoms Rock (unregistered)

Verizon are idiots. They should have anticipated an overwhelming amount of transactions for this phone. This is a situation that could have been addressed long before it became a problem. Learn from the Iphone, PS3 and other electronic releases.

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 13:20

8. NE Phil (unregistered)

Your pre ordering here folks... lol you still have more than enough time to "Pre-order" the phone that you want before it actually releases. Patience is a virtue, you cant always get what you want, and if you don't, you certainly dont have to stomp around like a bratty kid kicking and screaming LOL

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 19:11

9. sweetjen (unregistered)

Nov. 11. I tried pre-ordering the Voyager and like everyone else I couldn't so I called customer service and they told me that they all got an email that the voyager can not be pre-order until Nov. 11. Hopefully verizon won't screw the date again.

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 19:47

umm yeah there was no email....no one knows why it's not letting you pre order, maybe it's system issue maybe it's like the blackberry when had the html code someone hit release for pre order in error, just like the other guy with cry me a river no one can get it till 11/21 anyway, it's going to be half the price that icrap was and better, gggeeess people didn't you learn from icrap not to jump on it right away anyway how much you want to bet the price drops around the holiday....DUH.

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 20:03

11. sweetjen83 (unregistered)

I just pre-ordered the Voyager :) To be able to pre-order the phone you need to change your plan to a Nation Wide Calling Plan. If you already have verizon you are likely to be on Americas Choice Calling Plan. It even says it on the verizon website on the bottom of picture of the voyager that you need to change to a Nation Wide Calling Plan in order to be able to pre-order the Voyager. So everyone try that and you should be able to pre-order your phone like me :)

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 20:18

12. Beca (unregistered)

Yes you can pre-order the phone! I went and logged onto my account and went to "Upgrade my Phone" and it worked that way, although i had to upgrade my plan as well. When I clicked on the link to pre-order on the home page it wasn't letting me pre-order whatsoever....Hope this helps...

posted on 09 Nov 2007, 07:28

13. 6800 (unregistered)

Any word on the 6800 release??? These LG phones are nice, but they are more for highschool and middle school. The 6800 is for business professionals.

posted on 09 Nov 2007, 23:29

14. Boot Leg Bill (unregistered)

Everyone should be able to pre-order the voyager starting on 11-11-2007 without a price plan change

posted on 10 Nov 2007, 00:30

15. V-Lover (unregistered)

I wish I could keep the same plan and have the Voyager. I lost out on 450 minutes by changing plans. To #14, I hope what you say is true, cus I love my 900 minute plan.

posted on 10 Nov 2007, 12:47

16. VZGuy (unregistered)

Why would you have lost 450 minutes? National pricing and am ch are the same pricing/minute tiers. 900 minutes is the same as it was. no loss!

posted on 10 Nov 2007, 21:30

17. Junior (unregistered)

Completely off topic: Anyone know if Verizon is gonna get the LG Viewty?? Or what carrier?? These phones are OK lookin', nothing more.

posted on 11 Nov 2007, 03:14

18. V-lover (unregistered)

I still pay the same price but I chose the 2nd plan through my new every two. I could have misread, but Im sure I now have 450 minute plan. 900 minute plan was $79.99. I hope VZ can fix it if its a mistake.

posted on 11 Nov 2007, 08:35

19. Sammo or Bolo (unregistered)

You know, I really wisht that all these other carriers can just shut the hell up! The fact that their carriers didn't get the Venus and Voyager gives them a license to act like assclowns? The reality is, if AT&T or T-Mobile came out with these phones, it would be the greatest thing in the world. How come no one wants to give credit to Verizon for effort, even if it's not the greatest thing in the world. Again, you can't satisfy everyone, however, I think VZW is making great strides. We may not have the best looking technology in the world, but it sure does work. I think the only time it didn't for me was when I was in Southern Utah. But hey, whatever man. Either ways, all I can say about the Venus and the Voyager is that the phones look impressive and I can't wait for a review on phonearena.com. The Voyager is mine on November 21! What a Thanksgiving gift!

posted on 11 Nov 2007, 12:40

20. Frustrated (unregistered)

I FINALLY got everything to work for my online order & the 50off code says "criteria wasn't met". Ugh!

posted on 11 Nov 2007, 14:56

21. QueenBNYNJ (unregistered)

Just got off the phone with verizon... after trying to pre-order the phone for days I was told that there was issue with the website. I checked again last night and it seems like everything was fixed and available to order. I recieved another error message while attempting to change my plan and called verizon. They explained that phone is not available for pre-order in certain areas yet they may be available in other areas. They are still advertising as available for pre-order. Very annoying! I will have to see if I can get it on the 21st in the store. My current phone is hanging on by a thread. UGHHHH!!!!

posted on 11 Nov 2007, 18:21

22. jphilpott (unregistered)

My fiance and I share a family plan, and because of that I can not pre order the Voyager. That is some shady business by Verizon right there...UGH!

posted on 11 Nov 2007, 18:52

23. QueenBNYNJ (unregistered)

I am also on a family share plan. I feel your pain.

posted on 12 Nov 2007, 12:05

If your on a family share....call and update your plan to Nation family share then you can pre order. We are trying to get everyone on the same system now and that is the new plan, if you don't want charges with data just block it thats free. Any call center you call can bring up your account now, if your in west east can help if your on vacation in florida and from AZ they can bring up your account and upgrade ya. It may be a huge issue for some but in the long run will make your cell phone life easyer. Verizon allows you to pre order, but we are just trying to have people go on the new plan to make it better.

posted on 12 Nov 2007, 14:11

25. The real Deal (unregistered)

OK OK OK .... here it is, straight from the horses mouth! The issue with the pre-ordering was that customers on "older price plans" should never even have been able to see the "Pre-order" option, however they could. ALSO this is a big one here... when you see an add that says "Pre-order here" whatyou also want to look at is the terms that you would need to follow to do so. As previously mentioned to pre order the phones it states right on the site that you have to change to a new "Nationwide" calling plan. Now as far as the plans go, there are 3 tiers of plans available. Basic, Premium, and select. If you are on any old Americas choice or Americas choice family share plan you can select the identicle plan through the Nationwide "BASIC" plan and the only change you will see is to the name of the plan. Nobody is losing minutes or being charged more for anyhing.... I must stress this again... READ READ READ... you wouldnt believe how many problems you could fix on your own if you just read the information in front of you... ALL OF IT ... lol The Select plan takes the same "Basic" Plans and encorporates unlimited texting for all lines on that plan. Its about $20.00 more for standalone plans and $30.00 more for family share plans, secondary lines still $9.99. Lastly there is the "Premium" plan which incorporates Unlimited Messaging, VPAK, NAV & EMAIL, plans starting at 79.99.... so thats the scoop!!!

posted on 12 Nov 2007, 17:00

26. jphilpott (unregistered)

I got it all fixed...we have Verizon w/ Onstar and so I had to call another call center to get it straightened out but now all is well. Unless of course the Voyager ends up like the Xbox 360 and on release day they realize oops, we don't have enough to fill the demand, lol...

posted on 12 Nov 2007, 20:22

27. The Truth (unregistered)

I will do my best to answer all of your questions. 1. You do not need to change your plan to pre order the phone. It doesnt say it on the website, and it makes no sense to assume that it needs to be on a National Plan. The new plan are only to transition into a new billing platform and it outlines some new terms toward data use. So for those afraid to change your plan, Dont be. its still the same tier of minutes on the same service that has always been there. 2. The website can frequent issues. Yes the website isnt perfect. And for those that seem they think they know why the preorder functionality isnt working, stop with the creative guessing. 3. Many have made the point. Each billing region(thier are 4 in the US) has a certain alotment of voyagers available for distribution. You do want to pre order this device. I forsee it going very fast. For those that dont know, Cellular carriers always save thier best devices for the holiday season. Christmas sales is like a last effort to beef up the sales revenue for the year. this is going to be one of the coolest devices Verizon will have for a minute. If you can afford it(only$199.99 if you are eligible for ne2) Please believe, this phone is hottttt!

posted on 12 Nov 2007, 23:17

28. plansss (unregistered)

My problem is that while this phone looks great, I would have to shell out 80 dollars a month to get the features I would get with the iPhone for $60 a month. I know the VZW plan would have unlimited text, but I only use about 100. I just want e-mail and web. I know the iphone would cost more initially, but factor in the price of a micro sd card and there isn't much difference left. Does anyone know something about plan pricing I don't?

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 01:43

29. stopcrying (unregistered)

ok, first of all. for every1 having problems pre-ordering online, you have to switch from america's choice/family to nationwide. its the same plan but more features (optional). everything's the same price. once you switch over (call customer service and dial 0 to get a direct rep) let them know you want to switch from amer choice to nationwide, make sure you want the same mins and monthly payment as america choice. BUT, in order to have that plan take in affect (so you can order the voyager) you must wait til your billing cycle ends for the america's choice plan. NOW, this is a way for it to go in affect immediately (i forgot the weird name they used) but you can get it affected right there in then. the only thing is, for example; if you have... lets say 6 more days til your next billing cycle is due and you're on a 900min a month plan and you're at 840mins, you're new plan has already switched to the nationwide plan because you asked it to be taken effect right there and then. so, you're left with 60mins til the billing cycle. that's the only risk from switching the nationwide plan right away. like me, in order for me to pre-order online was to switch, which i did, BUT... it wasnt going to take in affect til the 23rd of nov. and i called to switch on the 9th. the rep warned me that i only have 964 mins from now til the 23rd (im on a fam plan 2100 sharing 4 phones) so i took the risk and said "go ahead and lets switch it now cuz i want to pre-order the voyager real bad." then the rep said i was qualified for extra 500 mins.(i guess because i was a long time customer, i dont know, you can ask if you're eligible) so after the phone conversation, we hung up and sure enough i got back on the verizon website and it finally allowed me to place the "pre-order"

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 03:58

30. FAUguy (unregistered)

This says how to preorder the Voyager: http://estore.vzwshop.com/voyager Must have a Nationwide plan.

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 10:38

31. cHuBz (unregistered)

Hi plansss, just to let you know that you are not required to get the $80 plan to use the voyager. If you will only use the email and web, you can get the Nationwide Select plan ($39.99/mo), then the Mobile Email ($5.00/mo). then if you want unlimited megabytes of use for the web, get the VCast VPak ($15.00/mo). For texts, since you do not use that much, it would not make sense for you to get the $10.00/mo unlimited IN texting/500 other networks, but you may do so if you want. you can also avoid the $5/mo Mobile Email, if you are fine accessing your emails thru Mobile Web (included on VCast VPak). Of course there are more features available on the Voyager like the Navigator ($9.99 per month, or $2.99 per 24 hour use), and MobileTV (add'l $10, if you subscribe to VCast, $15 if MobileTV only), but if you don't need those, then you do not need to get them. Hope this helps.

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 10:39

32. cHuBz (unregistered)

I meant Nationwide BASIC plan for $39.99/mo... sorry.

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 11:55

33. cellpimp (unregistered)

if i already pre ordered the voyager and the release date in stores is on the 21st, when with they ship the pre orders?

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 13:00

34. cHuBz (unregistered)

That's the same question I have... I pre-ordered (luckily without any problems) on Nov 8th, and my question is when it is going to be shipped and delivered? I've heard rumors that it will ship on the 16th, but nothing is for sure. They did not even offer overnight shipping (i'm willing to pay for it!), just regular FREE 2-5 business day shipping... We are going out of town for thanksgiving and I am hoping to get it by then. I thought of just going into the store on the 21st, but i thought what if they get all sold out before i even get there (i know unlikely but possible, you'll never know). Hopefully when somebody knows when the preorders will ship, please post it here... i check my order status everyday (okay, every hour... LOL) and it says "your order is awaiting approval or phone availability, please check back in a few days"... sigh! ehehhe...

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 13:00

35. VZ Customer (unregistered)

What if you don't want to change your plan just to get the phone? What if you just buy the phone at retail and try and put your number on it? That's GARBAGE that you have to change your plan just because it uses 'data'. What if the area you live in doesn't support that? I have a 1000 minute plan for 49.99 and I shouldn't have to change my plan to spend money on a new phone. Get a clue verizon, you finally adapted the not change contract term when changing plan, so jump on the ball w/ this one too.

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 14:24

36. NE Phil (unregistered)

in response to all of you.... if you just read "what you need to know" you would have removed the need for almost all of these posts... you people are ridiculously ignorant, even when we do put the information right in front of your faces! The change of the price plan wont change what you pay per month whats so ridiculous about that? no extra money no more cashs dollars than what you spent last month... no mo cash... hows that? and it does list on the site in clear black and white that to preorder you must first change pp to new pp then wait for confirmation email then you can preorder... this is str8 from the horses mouth.. I dont understand why you people throw your arms up in a tizzy at every change made... WOW just WOW its amazing at how little you actually know and how much you complain about things that arent really relivant! pp change yes, difference in price from what you pay now... no... get a clue and read, or think before you speak!!!!!!!!!

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 15:00

37. cellpimp (unregistered)

all i got to say is, "i got mine, you better get yours!" (full retail, because im still under contract $508.76) #35, refer to #'s 11, 12, 25, 30... also, go to this youtube site..http://youtube.com/watch?v=ostm0hEu1pg

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 16:27

38. cHuBz (unregistered)

Well, that is not entirely true... See, I am on America's Choice 450 ($39.99/mo), and I have the Unlimited In-texting/50 outside for $5/mo (which is totally fine, i don't have that much outside contacts). That txt plan does not exist anymore, and the minimum you can get is the $10/mo with unlimited in txt/500 outside, so this is actually $5 more per month if i change my plan (which is ok for me i guess). That's the only difference i can see so far, all other options are the same in price (navigator, mobile email, vcast). I know the BASE plans do not change in price (450 mins still $39 for BASIC, etc), but the options, mainly the txt part, changed by removing the $5 option.

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 17:06

39. Janet (unregistered)

You can get 250 text/pic messages for $5. You can text to anyone, even those not on verizon. It's not advertised online but you can call up and have it added on to your plan....that's what I did...there's also a 100 text/pix plan for $2.99....verizon doesn't advertise these text plans so the consumer doesn't know and just picks what the lowest advertised price they see...but those text plans do exist and you can add it to the nationwide plans...hope that helps.

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 17:33

40. cHuBz (unregistered)

Really... when I upgraded my phone (on another line in my account), I asked the rep to retain the America's Choice plan as I do not want any changes to the plan. he told me that the $5 txt plan does not exist anymore, but he did something for me to keep it on my plan. That's when i knew they are probably trying to get rid of it. now for the 250 txt/pic, is it unlimited IN txt/pic, then 250 other networks, or 250 altogether? i would even get the $2.99 if it is unlimited IN txt/pic then 100 outside. Thanks again!!

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 20:20

41. Janet (unregistered)

It's 250 all together...I don't even go over 100 texts per month, so 250 is good enough for me, just like to have the extra texts just in case I go over...I guess it depends on how much you text....

posted on 14 Nov 2007, 07:32

42. jesus (unregistered)

is kool

posted on 14 Nov 2007, 11:15

43. stopcrying (unregistered)

$508.76... ouch!

posted on 14 Nov 2007, 18:35

44. sick of people giving wrong information out, vzw emp (unregistered)

36 hate to pop your world but 25 is wrong. And 27 the real answers are the real WRONG answers. IF you read right on the main page it says to change to national plans wait for confirmation email then pre order. You have to be logged in under my account. You can only pre order it online till 11/21 you all need to chill and if you have a question call the real people Verizon Wireless instead of taking the word from people who think they know the real stuff. GGGEEESSS it’s a cool phone but people stop and think and READ! I sware if people would stop and read on the page where your ordering this phone You’d have your answers there.

posted on 14 Nov 2007, 18:55

45. cellpimp (unregistered)

CHILL, this problem is not yours and it's already been resolved!

posted on 14 Nov 2007, 20:50

46. 6800 (unregistered)

Has anybody heard anything on the 6800? The last time I heard a Verizon rep told me the 16th of November. I'm holding my breath. I'm trying to hold on as long as possible before switching to the Tilt

posted on 15 Nov 2007, 05:23

47. amathre (unregistered)

hey i am debating whether or not to pre-order the voyager right now or not (i still would have to switch to the new nationwide plan) but when i started the process on the website of learning about it i read that by switching plans the New Every Two discount would be eliminated!!! is that true or did i miss something? I will probably still switch to the voyager but that $100 discount goes a long way when thinking about which new phone to get after the 20 or so months with verizon.... sorry in advance if you think this is a dumb question ; )

posted on 15 Nov 2007, 10:23

48. cHuBz! (unregistered)

I'm pretty sure you will not lose the New Every 2 Program when you preorder... But since it is already 11-15-2007, it would be best for you to just wait and go to the store on 11-21... good luck!

posted on 17 Nov 2007, 09:05

49. whoa (unregistered)

The problem was that your plan CODE for the website needed to be changed. All of the plans before national work, but because of the attempt to transition away from them (the old ones), and to have the better data packages included (some of 5+ year old ones don't) they had this phone set on newer codes/plans only. I called a verizon rep and within an hour pre-order worked fine. I also asked a verizon rep about new every two, she said that it should still be fine, however the discounts on the website may not be right yet. 44 is most likely not an employee and lying. I did NOT have to change my plan and I DID actually pre-order the phone. Btw 44 I had a national plan from when they first started offering it. It wasn't the plan... it was the code.

posted on 18 Nov 2007, 15:39

50. Boot Leg Bill (unregistered)

The 6800 will be available online on 11-28-2007 and in stores on 12-05-2007

posted on 20 Nov 2007, 12:17

51. cellpimp (unregistered)

*ATTENTION PRE-ORDERERS* i just got an email confirmation this morning from verizon. they shipped out my order today (overnight) and will receive it sometime tomorrow afternoon. just letting yall know cuz i thought we wouldnt be able to receive it til over the weekend/next monday.