LG VX8800 and VX10000 for Verizon have touch-displays!

Posted: , by Nanko R.

This article contains unofficial information.

LG VX8800 and VX10000 for Verizon have touch-displays!
Engadget Mobile received spy photos of the two new LG phones Verizon Wireless is going to get – the VX8800 and the VX10000, which are coming as successors of respectively the VX8550 and the VX9900 enV. The two new devices will feature touch sensitive displays and slightly personalized interface.

The LG VX8800 is a slider, similar to the VX8550, but instead of the touch-activated buttons will be navigated by a dynamic touch display area. Depending on the menu you are in, it will display different navigation options (buttons, sliders, etc). From the photos it seems that it is not part of the main display, which will probably be non-touch one. The bottom slider will typically house numeric keyboard.

LG VX8800
LG VX10000

LG VX8800

LG VX10000

The LG VX10000 is very similar to the enV on the inside, but on the outside it has much bigger and now touch-sensitive display, instead of the numeric keyboard. Similar to LG’s European models with Touch-display (Prada, KS20 and Viewty), it has only 3 keys and the display has the typical four LG shortcuts. Probably the interface will also be personalized, to match the above mentioned models.

*Update 10 Sep* The VX10000 will support the VCast MobileTV MediaFLO service.

As a whole, the VX8800 will logically update the Chocolate series with new solution for navigation (dynamic display instead of buttons) and the VX10000 will make the enV slimmer and more attractive with full functionality when closed, which must be opened only when texting.

Images courtesy of EngadgetMobile

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

1. Dre (unregistered)

It looks to me the LG10000 is gonna have tv? if you look at the dipsplay, you'll see a small lil tv with an "X" in the middle(no tv signal,lol) if thats true, that would be 2 SWeet!!!! (N.W.O, style)

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 15:51

2. Mase (unregistered)

Ok so i'm not going to lie i kinda drooled when i saw this phone... if anyone can tell me a rough estimate of when this bad boy is going to hit the market that would be totally sweet... help a brotha out

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 16:10

3. Dundee (unregistered)

I guess this is what they meant when they said the i-phone would revolutionize the market. It's great to see things progressing this quickly.

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 16:41

I am so mad because i just got the new orange enV and now i see the LG 10000 and it is ridiculous, it is exactly what the enV lacks which is a much bigger screen on the outside and what makes it even greater is that it is a touch screen as well!!!

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 17:15

5. YOO (unregistered)

SICKKK!! DDANNGG when are those phones coming out!!!

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 21:20

6. mois (unregistered)

im a supervisor for data at verizon and this is why were the best screw the iphone these phones are gonna blow the iphone 2 pieces

posted on 21 Sep 2008, 22:34

87. justwantagreatphone (unregistered)

Um, yeah.. Ok. It's been a year since this comment, and it's clear that you were being a bit hasty. I've owned the voyager since it released, and although its a great PHONE; the best reception I've had on a cell, the "touch" ui nothing but a gimmick. No third party apps, or ANY apps for that mater. It's a GREAT phone for chatting, but in no way shape or form, or any plane of reality, can the voyager be compared with the iphone let alone be called an iphone killer. Verizon is quickly falling behind in the hardware department. With the iphone 3g and the new Blackberry Bold on AT&T's lineup, i'm seriously considering finally jumping ship after waiting for verizon to get some ground breaking phones.

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 22:06

7. Archangel (unregistered)

I hate to look for new cell phones. There are so damned many of them to consider. I have been very pleased with my LG 7000. I was thinking about the iPhone, but I am hooked on the best network on the planet and didn't want to switch. Verizon always has a product line chock-filled with stodgy phones. I obsessed about cell phones. I thought the LG 8700 in it's silvery shininess was it, but alas the battery life was said to be too short. I have an extended battery in the 7000 and I do not want to recharge every day. A fleeting thought about the EnV, but then again the technology is last years, already! Then I became convinced that a snart phone might be the best way to go. So I obsessed about smart phones. Should it have WiFi? Verizonis scheduled to launch the Blakberry Pearl by December...maybe I could wait. But they were supposed to deliver the Samsung i1760 in September. Then I discovered the Nokia N series, but they were all BIG bucks and did I really need all those features anyway? I want long battery life, a big screen, sleek looks, WiFi, voice dialing, internet access and a qwerty keyboard and I want LG on Verizon. Bingo! I found my phone. Looks good, huh? Life is good...

posted on 06 Sep 2007, 15:24

8. TalkGirl (unregistered)

I currently have the en-V right now. I cannot wait until the new one comes out. This is going to be a hard decision, especially if the 10000, the htc 6800, and the i760 all come out at the same time. Decisions, Decisions.

posted on 06 Sep 2007, 17:18

9. Mike (unregistered)

Anybody find out about when they are coming?? Been searching everywhere??

posted on 06 Sep 2007, 23:12

10. flea (unregistered)

My verizon plan is up pretty soon and i was getting real nervous that no sick phones were coming out. but i think i got what i was asking for. =] now if they would just give some sorta release timewindow....

posted on 07 Sep 2007, 08:32

11. moi (unregistered)

When the FCC approves a phone how long after does that approved phone come out usually?

posted on 07 Sep 2007, 23:37

12. chris_e_rich (unregistered)

im a vzw sales rep and I went to a mltimedia work shop we had on some phones and services for the future and the estimated date the dude told us on this phone was around late november or early december

posted on 08 Sep 2007, 17:17

13. c (unregistered)

vzw is watching, employees are sometimes linked to this site. watch what you post

posted on 08 Sep 2007, 20:29

14. flea (unregistered)

ok so your gonna tell on this guy for telling us an APROXIMENT release date?!?! that's low. so this is what you want to happen? I get my upgrade in october and i get a phone i dont really want and then this one comes out and wanna slit verizons throat because i have a shitty phone, which most of your phones are, instead of having one i might ACTUALLY be satisfied with? great costomer service.

posted on 08 Sep 2007, 23:26

15. yup (unregistered)

The road map that was intraduced to all Verizon sales reps states - Samsung i760 release in September. Nice PDA, the lgvx 8800 depending on bug fixes will release in December i not sooner and the 1000 in around the same time. Even if we get FCC approval, the device could be kicked back due to bugs / issues with the device. So if you are coming up on contract end date or upgrade eligibility. Try to hang tight.I'm curiouse though - how many people know what the difference is between CDMA and TDMA technology? With that thought - as technology advances - CDMA (Verizon / Sprint) will be powerhouses in the next couple of years when it come to Tech devices.

posted on 09 Sep 2007, 20:57

16. Manda (unregistered)

i love the phone. wish it came out sooner. my birthday was in augest and any phone of my choice was my presant since i have the sh@tty old chocolate...and i really dont want to switch to tmobile and get a sidekick being as tmobile gets no where near as good of service but seriously...trying to earn little brownie points by snitching on your colleagues who are just doing the best for the consumer...TELLING US WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. thats low as hell.

posted on 10 Sep 2007, 12:47

17. chris_e_rich (unregistered)

Ive been associated with vzw a long time there is nothing wrong with disclosing something about a phone that has already been presented to the public no matter what form it was vzw phonescoop phonearena so on.. STOP SNITCHIN' and find something better to do holla

posted on 11 Sep 2007, 13:15

18. What it do (unregistered)

Chris E Rich is my hero! haha thanks a lot man good looking out... you kept me a verizon customer so if vzw is watching... read that... the insight Chris gave us just came me from switching to at&t so thanks again buddy

posted on 12 Sep 2007, 13:27

19. theo (unregistered)

who cares if vzw is watching. what do they not want customers now. thanks chris keep us updated and happy with vzw.

posted on 12 Sep 2007, 18:09

20. bluekornfarmer (unregistered)

Does anyone know when these are gonna be realeased?

posted on 16 Sep 2007, 17:02

To the dumbass that obviously did not want to take some time out of his busy life and read the rest of the comments on this topic, RELEASE DATE IS AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME!!!

posted on 17 Sep 2007, 00:06

22. Guest (unregistered)

Verizon is SLOWLY coming out with phones that uses CDMA and GSM. They are still WAY BEHIND in phones that uses both technologies. I don't understand why they dont offer more BETTER phones (i.e. Nokia N95). I'm 50/50 if i want to stay with verizon or switch

posted on 18 Sep 2007, 00:58

23. do u know (unregistered)

this new phone sure is looking sweet but most of the sales reps at verizon havent even heard of it, how weird....u think that they are hidding something?

posted on 18 Sep 2007, 20:34

24. Laura (unregistered)

posible cost estimate?? or is it too early to ask...?

posted on 19 Sep 2007, 16:11

25. Superman Shaw (unregistered)

its a secret so dont tell everyone you know or you wont get one but the lg vx10000 comes out tomorrow! im sooo excited im sleeping outside the verizon store tonight =)

posted on 19 Sep 2007, 19:12

26. hdtv (unregistered)

i'm so excited about the 10000 but there is no way it will be out tomorrow trust me. but if it is pick one up for me

posted on 20 Sep 2007, 16:58

27. Superman Shaw (unregistered)

I told you all it was coming out today! the stores are keeping it all quiet tho its by special request only... i got mine and let me tell you its way sweeter than advertised this just might be the happiest day of my life =) !!!!

posted on 21 Sep 2007, 16:05

it is actually a problem to post info about phones before they are released to the pbulic even if it is through online sources like endgagdet or phone arena and if you worked for verizon you would know that, it against company policy, why do you think the id info for the phone is blacked out

posted on 21 Sep 2007, 18:26

29. Dave (unregistered)

is this phone really out because i called verizon and they said they never heard about it?

posted on 22 Sep 2007, 12:52

30. Mark Bardwell (unregistered)

I love the new LGVX10000 I will get one for me and my girl Erica..

posted on 22 Sep 2007, 23:03

31. Dawn (unregistered)

Verizon is not carring the phone at this time, it has not been release yet. The stores or anybody at verizon don't have any info on the phone. They said they get the info on the phones before they are released.

posted on 24 Sep 2007, 15:49

32. Superman Shaw (unregistered)

Dawn why are you lying to everyone? Verizon has a lot of these phones you don't have to lie to people so you can go get yours before everyone else this phone is sweet enough for everyone to go around! Like i said before this phone is sweeter than advertised this touch screen is awesome!!!

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 09:24

33. Dawn (unregistered)

If you have one than you can tell us the following. So tell us how much did you pay for the phone?? And tell us what Verizon did you get this at? Oh can you supply a phone number too? Oh and while your at it check out the review on the phone at this site, it has not come out yet.

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 14:44

34. Superman Shaw (unregistered)

You know i feel personally atacked here but since im not lying and i do have my lg vx10000 i'll tell you what you want to know i paid 250 for it with a fifty dollar mail in rebate with my new every two credit and i got it in puyallup my buddy works for verizon and was the one that gave me the tip on it and why the heck would i know the phone number for the store... creepy! but yes if your that jealous that i have mine just go get your own and then we'll both be happy =)

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 15:37

what about megapixels on the camera? i have the pioneer of these, the 9800, and i'm holding out for something with a little more bang than the enV...i love qwerty, so this is great news to me

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 16:01

superman shaw, I'm sorry that you're a compulsive liar, I really am. I hope you work past it. I only point this out because I hope that nobody wasted their time believing you. You're just being mean. Unless you live in korea or japan or something and phones like the 10000 are old news...in which case it wouldn't be a big deal to you... then i apologize for being rude. anyway, i just got off the phone with my buddy who is a technician for vzw (i used to work with him there), and he's just now catching wind of these two devices. typically, employees that don't actively search for new phones coming out don't find out about them untill a few weeks before the release, and shortly after that, they'll get a demo to play with. Just fyi so you don't think your vzw reps in your hometown are idiots for not knowing about these phones...cause they're not. by the way, isn't LG awesome?

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 16:10

37. Mad Mase (unregistered)

You know i sat back and watched the little argument between dawn and superman thinking ok superman can handle it he's superman for crying out loud but then little old jules had to go opening her mouth with FALSE information... the lgvx 10000 is out and no i dont live in korea or japan i live in seattle and i got my lg vx10000 yesterday so before you go calling people a compulsive liar and trying to make someone look like a food you really need to get your facts straight first. the phone is out. it is a sweet phone and im sorry. to be honest superman is the reason i got the phone so early so thanks superman and no thanks to you jules speaking out of your butt

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 18:58

38. MAC Girl (unregistered)

I went to a focus group where we tested the LG VX 10000 and let me tell you guys, I've been waiting 9 months for a glimmer of hope, I would guess to say a release date is Black Friday for all those willing to gift something cool to luv one.

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 19:32

39. UhohTheCrow (unregistered)

Okay seriously if it is out post pics onto photobucket or something or send them to me if ur not lying supermanshaw ill believe you if ur can send me pics post another opinion if u want my wmail to send pics too and if ur telling the truth why wouldnt you post pics on the internet

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 21:32

40. Mad Mase (unregistered)

Superman is right the phone did come out so you can shut you pie hole and why would he have to send pictures to you? your not his daddy so back up jealous ones

posted on 25 Sep 2007, 21:41

41. Uhohthecrow (unregistered)

okay one whats with this daddy crap. man all im sayin is if he has it take pics of it we all wanna see what it really looks like. even you all im sayin is post them onto here so we all can see not all of us have vzw stores with the phone there

posted on 26 Sep 2007, 09:05

42. Uhohthecrow (unregistered)

ok see it took u to long man superman shaw is right but dont be a wimp and not put pics up i was crusing thru forums and found a link to a photobucket with about 7 more pics of the vx10000 like i said that all u would of had to do post them on the internet

posted on 26 Sep 2007, 09:06

43. Uhohthecrow (unregistered)

the link ishttp://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o9//alien72/LG%20vx10000/

posted on 26 Sep 2007, 17:40

44. Tim (unregistered)

I have worked for Verizon for 4 years so I can tell you they are coming out with the VX10000 by december

posted on 27 Sep 2007, 12:34

45. Craig (unregistered)

Any idea if either or both of these new devices might be eligible for data plans?...

posted on 27 Sep 2007, 12:39

46. Craig (unregistered)

Hey - I haven't seen this phone anywhere.. and I TOO LIVE IN SEATTLE..

posted on 27 Sep 2007, 16:05

47. J-WEEZY (unregistered)

hey craig ol pal i to live in the greater seattle area and i'm just waiting for my contract to run out with t mobile cuz i to have seen this phone in stores so back off the two guys trying to help people out and letting them know about these phones

posted on 29 Sep 2007, 13:48

48. VZW (unregistered)

less than four days...(i'm waiting for you)

posted on 29 Sep 2007, 14:46

when is this phone coming out??

posted on 30 Sep 2007, 05:32

50. ajdjg (unregistered)

Usually VZW likes to keep a tight lock on their information. I have been a rep for a while now and I can say first hand we really do care about our customers. Anything that will make you all happy is our goal. PS iPhone is horrible... Apple Good, Phone on a crappy network with NO GPS Bad.

posted on 30 Sep 2007, 20:08

51. price? (unregistered)

is there an estimated price for the VX10000 if you're starting a new plan, because im switching december 15th and i want to know if i will be able to afford it with a 2 yr. start up contract....respond A.S.A.P

posted on 30 Sep 2007, 21:07

52. ajdjg (unregistered)

Considering it will be a new line of service with a 2 year you should get a pretty good price. I would say around 200-250 for the 10000. Look up the 2 year for the En-V and add about $50

posted on 01 Oct 2007, 00:38

53. girt (unregistered)

how much would it cost off of ebay, without the contract??

posted on 01 Oct 2007, 01:05

54. susie (unregistered)

i can't wait for this phone to come out! I love it.

posted on 01 Oct 2007, 14:24

55. godsboon (unregistered)

The post by "C" does not sound like he or she is snitching. It's more of a heads up to VZW employees. They should be careful with what they post. Now if anybody has gone to school, college that is or even if one's intelligent enough to reason, one would know that giving release dates puts a company at a competitive disadvantage. If VZW discloses the release of their phones and/or promos, the competition may one up VZW by trying to release something better around the same time thus taking away or having to share any possible profits.

posted on 02 Oct 2007, 13:12

I was talking to some different Verizon employees and the phones are currently in testing. They will be out in December so people can have them for Christmas. Funny thing...I am available for my new phone upgrade but I am gonna bite the bullet for 2 more months so I can have that EnV. So hott!

posted on 02 Oct 2007, 15:40

www.verizonwireless.com/next for the announcement

posted on 02 Oct 2007, 18:05

58. ?? (unregistered)

how do you know about thatwww.verizonwireless.com/next thing...like what is that cause i went on and it said 13hours and like minutes and seconds and had 4 phones there...is one the new enV? and if so does that mean their selling it in 13 hours, respond A.S.P.C.A, because im switching to verizon decmeber 15, and i want to know if i will be able to get it then!! THANKS SO MUCH!!

posted on 02 Oct 2007, 18:52

yoo is that site vzw.com/next for real??