x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.

LG Thrill 4G release date moved to September 4, according to rumors

Posted: , by Nick T.

LG Thrill 4G release date moved to September 4, according to rumors
If you are among those fans of glasses-free 3D goodness who had August 21 marked in their calendars, we have some disappointing news to share with you. Of course, we are talking about the LG Thrill 4G, AT&T's version of the LG Optimus 3D, which allegedly was scheduled for release on that very date.

According to a leaked document coming straight from Radio Shack's internal system, the release date for the LG Thrill 4G is now being pushed to September 4. As a result of this, the retailer will not be accepting pre-orders of the smartphone anymore, and those customers who managed to place one will be contacted and informed about the delay. The document does not point out the exact reason for the Thrill 4G release date to be changed once again, yet it seems like the decision has been taken by AT&T itself.

The release date of the LG Thrill 4G is pushed to September 4, according to this document

Sure, AT&T never really announced an exact release date for the smartphone and stated only that it is scheduled for a summer release, yet the summer is rapidly coming to an end. Furthermore, we are sure there are plenty of Android enthusiasts out there waiting to get their hands on the LG Thrill 4G for a fresh dose of 3D action. Let's hope the wait is going to be worth it.

source: Android Central

Like this story? Like us on Facebook to follow our posts:

posted on 16 Aug 2011, 04:10 1

1. nihn75 (unregistered)

I lick Nick T.

posted on 16 Aug 2011, 10:19 1

2. OPTIKAWN (unregistered)

I sent u guys a email bit that yesterday hahaha. It kinda sucks was planning on grabbing one. Might as well wait for something more powerfull now even though 3D is here to stay. I know important super happy with this INFUSE once having the 4.5 inch screen i don't think i ever want a smaller one with a nice dual core 1.5ghz or so Will be rockin it nice. O well... Reason for the hold back important thinkin is cause some of the software was buggy and they my be changing it to android 2.3 since many people were complainin about it. Heck with all these delays Maby even ice cream sandwitch will show up on it. But who knows we can only wait and check out what other goodness fall has to offer us commin up......

posted on 20 Aug 2011, 06:35

3. couldnt wait (unregistered)

I got tired of waiting on the LG thrill and so I canceled my at&t service and went with sprint and got the HTC Evo3D. WOW! What a powerhouse of a phone! And the 3d is just the icing on the cake! So long AT&T!!!

posted on 20 Aug 2011, 19:41

4. golo (unregistered)

i got tired too waiting that thrill 3d! i was waiting for the iphone 5 but it is taking long time! tomorrow i will going to sprint and i gonna buy the htv evo3d! bye bye ATT!

posted on 22 Aug 2011, 19:14

5. baller (unregistered)

you undeciding jackasses stop pushing the date of the lg thrill or im cancelling stupid s**tty at&t the worst company ever

posted on 23 Aug 2011, 14:11

6. Can't wait! (unregistered)

They keep pushing the date back but it must be for a good reason. I have already pre-ordered mine and I'm SUPER excited to have it! Good things come to those who wait. =)

posted on 24 Aug 2011, 22:57

7. arizonaman (unregistered)

They gave me just enough time to realize I really don't want it as much as I thought I did.

posted on 25 Aug 2011, 09:43

8. golo (unregistered)

yesterday i went to sprint an got the htc evo 3D ! what a super marvel! it is amazing how it see! i had an iphone but this evo 3d is a much better plant! att is past! i was att customer for 6 years but now i love this htc evo 3d! so long f::c$ck AT&T!!

posted on 29 Aug 2011, 09:01

9. Chad (unregistered)

So, all those people decided to go to Sprint over from ATT...so basically what your saying is you couldn't wait for an awesome phone that you went with an inferior phone, on an inferior carrier, and your paying more money....seems like the smartest move to me..../sarcasm