LG Revolution Hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Jan 2011, 18:44
Verizon is finally receiving its own healthy serving of a premier device from the South Korean based company in the form of the LG Revolution...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. B (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2011, 18:59 0 0
She clearly says it's a 1GHz Qualcomm processor, yet the article says it's NVidia Tegra2? Am I missing something?
3. KParks23 posted on 06 Jan 2011, 19:04 0 0
she says 1ghz im not hearing qualcomm!! it does in fact have the tegra 2 in it tho
4. B (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2011, 20:36 0 0
Watch/listen again: 1:42 she says "the processor is from Qualcomm". I don't know how it can be clearer that it is NOT the Tegra 2. The Optimus 2x has it, yes, but this is not the 2x.
6. KParks23 posted on 06 Jan 2011, 22:40 0 0
yup ur right my bad good catch
19. MobileMonkey posted on 10 Jan 2011, 03:25 0 0
Actually, I believe what she means is the CDMA chip is by Qualcomm and the LTE chip is by LG, which is why she mentions it being a joint effort. Even with that said I would still guess it isn't dual core because they wouldn't leave something like that out.
9. BobbyTaba posted on 07 Jan 2011, 01:37 2 0
All I want on Verizon is: 8mp camera with 1.3mp front facing camera. at least 480x800. 4-4.3 inch screen. samsung orion processor or another dual core. 1GB RAM. 4G LTE. DLNA OR HDMI. kickstand! Samsung, LG, HTC, or Moto
12. redexpress posted on 07 Jan 2011, 12:43 0 0
i agree with just about all of that. i however would prefer a slightly smaller screen. us gals are interested in carrying these phones as well. i play violin( have lots of finger reach) and still cant one hand text on something like the droid x. just too dang big. lol :)
2. KParks23 posted on 06 Jan 2011, 19:01 0 0
This will be my next phone if it comes out soon dont get down on the 5MP camera that means nothing at all in picture quality!! how much RAM is in this thing cant find it anywhere maybe i need to look closer!
5. darthray posted on 06 Jan 2011, 21:32 0 0
nice phone ... but the back of the phone is ug-ggly...
7. KParks23 posted on 06 Jan 2011, 22:40 2 0
really i think its one of the best backs i have seen looks really good to me
8. jwcarroll01 (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2011, 23:04 0 0
If its runnin stock android, I'll take it ...wis we some specs on the RAM though
10. Gabe (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2011, 10:20 1 4
I find the new crop of phone announced by Verizon very disappointing.
The HTC Thunderbolt, the LG Revolution and the Samsung 4g are single core phones hence no HD video and super apps that require the duel core. The Moto Bionic is balky as a brick and bigger than the Droid X..
So when will we see a phone that is Duel core , LTE 4to 4.5 screen - super display
slim and elegant? From what I understand the current crop will show up in the stores between March and July. So the next crop with the right specks will arrive after that! Just in time to compete with I phone 5!
11. Gabe (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2011, 10:24 1 0
And one more thing , they all come with Android 2.2 not 2.3 WTF?
20. mmgbmt posted on 10 Jan 2011, 14:03 0 2
2.3 is only for tablets, theres probably going to a new upgrade for it by the time it comes out anyway
13. husse (unregistered) posted on 07 Jan 2011, 18:37 0 1
Is 3G network even available in the US? I mean, if its not, why do you get the 4G phone releases first then? Will take like 15 years for you to get 4G in all your country.
16. chew (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2011, 16:35 0 0
I think you meant 4G. Yes Verizon 4G LTE is covering 1/3 of Americans at this moment. All the big cities are already covered. The whole pop will be entirely covered in 2013.
14. Thump3rDX17 posted on 08 Jan 2011, 19:45 0 0
well i say if not the Bionic or a similarly spec'd Motorola with a keyboard like a Droid 3 then i'd go for this.
15. Thump3rDX17 posted on 08 Jan 2011, 19:47 0 0
only thing though is the chrome bezel..from the experience i've had with chrome bezels it's a real turn off.