LG Optimus Vu pictured with fellow phablet Samsung GALAXY Note
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Feb 2012, 23:39
A picture of the LG Optimus Vu standing tall nest to its fellow giant, the Samsung GALAXY Note, has been making the rounds online; with absolutely nothing in common with 2008's LG Vu, the Optimus Vu is said to be equipped with a 5 inch display and a 4:3 aspect ratio...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. greenrolaids posted on 10 Feb 2012, 23:46 15 9
the note looks way freaking nicer.
LG is known for making s**tty phones.
Samsung on the other hand is not.
Plus add the fact that the samsung developer community is waaaaay bigger than the LG community.
Hopefully LG will prove me wrong.. but by their history .. i can only guess not.
8. Country posted on 11 Feb 2012, 01:09 2 1
Oh, come on, its not that bad. Watch the LG optimus VU video, it has a good design.
9. greenrolaids posted on 11 Feb 2012, 01:59 4 4
im only speculating from the past lg phones..
and the past lg phones have been marketed like the pantec phones.. at the mid to bottom price points.
they usually cut corners to get to that point.
I hope they prove me wrong.. but history tells a better story than hope.
13. fost4real posted on 11 Feb 2012, 03:48 3 3
i agree. and i must repeat that LG phones sucks. the only LG phone i may want to have is the New Prada. the rest to me are very ugly and funny. hnnnn
23. squallz506 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 09:27 3 1
Samsung has made plenty of s***ty phones. Remember the -intercept? The replenish?
29. Nizar posted on 11 Feb 2012, 20:47 0 0
remember the instinct? LOL
3. XiphiasGladius posted on 10 Feb 2012, 23:58 13 1
LG is nice actually, all they need is to use a better Mobile chipset then optimize it.
4. ardent1 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 00:01 4 3
Two things going for the LG device: (a) larger icons and (b) no stylus to lose.
5. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Feb 2012, 00:07 4 4
LG's UI looks way too crappy, it just looks like its made for Feature phones. Maybe not everyone loves Touchwiz but at least it doesnt hinder the experience. SGS2 and beyond devices have been very snappy and responsive while the ONLY decent LG phone has been the G2X running STOCK gingerbread.
6. CX3NT3_713 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 00:12 3 5
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PHONE R TABLET AGAIN.....
10. redmd posted on 11 Feb 2012, 02:45 3 1
the only thing going for the LG is their superb IPS display. other than that, I will just have to keep my Note. they should have gone the 16:9 screen ratio and maintain a comfortable one handed grip, 1280x800 or greater screen resolution, bigger battery capacity, and ICS out the box. almost awesome LG.
31. skymitch89 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 23:02 0 0
1280x800 isn't 16:9, it's 8:5/16:10
isplay_resolutionand click on & study the first pic.
12. mercorp posted on 11 Feb 2012, 03:11 4 0
I hate the 4:3 resoloution.why not use a normal screen aspect,lg?
14. REYNER posted on 11 Feb 2012, 04:43 0 0
the phone lg vu looks wider and i think that would not fit easily to everyone's hANd actually lg phone looks good and way cheaper but most of the time the leading competitor has much to give and thats hopefully this one would not fail!
15. Dark4o90 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 04:52 1 0
sooooooooooooooooo ugly Note has 1000000 times better look
16. Guest_star posted on 11 Feb 2012, 04:53 4 4
4:3 is great for gaming and web browsing, much better than 16:9, only thing that it is worst than 16:9 is watching movies...and its better looking than note i dont care what you say samsung fans, its better looking
27. LoneShaolin posted on 11 Feb 2012, 12:27 0 0
Agreed. I own a Samsung and still think the LG looks pretty good.
18. Dark4o90 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 04:57 4 2
sincerely it's the worst phone design i've ever seen. Square phone phahahahahah
19. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Feb 2012, 05:52 3 3
Apparently we have some wussy lg fanboys in here who just wanna thumb everyone down for not liking LG.
20. andro. posted on 11 Feb 2012, 05:55 3 1
The 4:3 screen aspect is quite puzzling as its an old outdated screen ratio these days and only used in cheap budget phones types and iphones. Also this aspect will make the vu uncomfortably wide in the hand in comparison to the galaxy note.
21. k1ng617 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 09:11 1 0
Lol! The Note is huge, but in my eyes very sleek and sexy. Tub-O on the other hand could stand to lose a few pounds.
Competition is good, but honestly i don't think LG chose the right spec to differentiate on.
22. squallz506 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 09:24 2 0
I'm no LG fanboy, but LG is known for being the first in the smartphone arena. First touch screen, first dualcore, first device with HD display, first Ltd/hdspa+ handset, and soon first quadcore phone. LG has a solid track history and they are still progressing. Ill be the first to admit my g2x isn't perfect, but it was a game changer.
25. solidsnakeduds013 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 09:42 1 1
DITCH THE WORD PHABLET!!!!!! Both of the devices are PHONES! not TABLETS!.. Anyways LGs PHONE is going to be a fail. It doesn't look like any thought was put into making the phone. As for samsung the note for now isn't something I would buy but I would like to hold the phone to see how it feels.
26. trumpet116 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 10:54 2 0
So it's impossible for anyone to use in one hand, too wide for pockets, and most apps and games will look awkward on it? Nice job LG!
32. garz_pa posted on 12 Feb 2012, 00:12 0 0
The Note is best known for its S-Pen feature, which makes it stand out among the Android phones or the whole mobile phone industry.
The Vu, however, looks just like an oversized Optimus 2x to me. How's it gonna compete with the Note?