LG Optimus Vu goes on sale in Korea for the astronomical price of $890
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2012, 14:41 posted on
Now that LG’s 5-inch Android powered smartphone has finally landed in Korea, it begs the question when and if it’ll arrive elsewhere sometime in the very near future. There’s no kidding that this thing is a head turner, especially when it features a not so often seen 4:3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. imkyle (Posts: 983; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Two car payments for a product that does not have ICS.
2. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Wait..... a..... minute.....
First: I'll have to agree with the word "astronomical".
Second: The aspect ratio of this device is not yet widely accepted, not sure if a lot of people will be buying this given the issue of not being able to maximize the screen estate because of compatibility.
3. andro. (Posts: 1947; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
How could something so ugly cost so much?!!
It looks horrible when compared to the Galaxy Note,the screen ratio doesn't help it in the looks department,4:3 is a limited and dated ratio and only Apple are still stuck using it continually
12. the_s2 (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
iPhone display uses 3:2 aspect ratio. (Dont thumb me down, Im an android fanboy lol)
4. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I just don't like how this looks as opposed to the Galaxy Note... 4:3 vs. 16:9, but overall design by Samsung and their 5.3" display gets my money hands down. Plus the Note is a lot cheaper... I understand that I can't really make a comparison in price yet, since the Vu has yet to come to the states, but from the pricing of what the Vu has to offer, I absolutely pass on it. I could by a new iPhone at the moment, or any other smartphone without a contract, that is just absurd... -__-
5. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Wow! $890 for a Tablet with LG's crappy UI and no ICS... NO THANKS!
6. Whateverman (Posts: 3196; Member since: 17 May 2009)
$900 dollars??? Android OEMs never learn! This is why Apple is kicking you a$$es in sales. Who the heck is going to spend that kind of money on a phone made by LG? This had better be wrong, if not LG is stupid!
8. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Lg is not dumb. They produce droids of top caliber. They just need to figure out the pricing right.
19. Whateverman (Posts: 3196; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Maybe they arent dumb, but this definitly isn't very smart to price their devices that high when they don't have a very strong Android portfolio. Samsung could get away with this easily, maybe even HTC. But without any "must have" devices to its credit, I can't see this phone selling very well at $900 bucks.
20. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
LG does make great droids...
After Samsung, HTC, and Motorola that is.
21. Whateverman (Posts: 3196; Member since: 17 May 2009)
You're right! But thats the iPhone. People will gladly pay that for an iPhone and think they've gotten a real deal. But LG makes tv's for less than this thing. I just think this is a huge mistake, just like the pricing on the Motorola Xoom when it first launched. Decent tablet, but it floundered because of they put an $800 Android tablet as the entry point to combat a $500 iPad. People just weren't buying it.
7. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Whateverman,what a dumb comment...here goes one for you;
My Jiu Jitsu Avatar kicks the butt of your Ninja Avatar.
18. Whateverman (Posts: 3196; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I don't give two skirts of s*it about you, your weak a$$ avatar, or your equally weak a$$ opinion. The two comments before you disagreed with me, maybe even gave me a thumbs down. But i can respect their opinions because they weren't disrespectful like you. If you think it's a "dumb comment" that's fine, keep that thought to yourself. Just a word of advice, you don't have to result to insulting everyone you disagree with. Try telling us what you think without all the insults and maybe convince them to see things your way. But insults only bring more insults.
9. medicci37 (Posts: 626; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
LG. When are you gonna learn ? If this is the best you can do, then get used 2 last place.
10. medicci37 (Posts: 626; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I mean come on! Could by a iPad 3/hd for much less.
13. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
better off getiing a windows tablet for that price
15. SleepingOz (unregistered)
G.NOTE > O.VU
not in size though.
16. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
G.Note (5.3 inches), O.VU (5.0 inches)
Greater ALSO in size. We have to see a full review of the VU first though. :)
24. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
I rmb reading in the newspaper that the Optimus Vu is coming to Singapore in Q4
25. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
They will drop the prices soon because they can not compete with the Note at this price and if this thing was Quad core then it might have been worth a look but these prices are only for Korea and if this thing gets on contract it will be alot cheaper.
26. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Nowadays you can get high end light weight Ultrabooks around $800 where you can play Battlefield 3/Crysis 2/Skyrim. This is thanks to Intel big push in Ultrabooks. I would seriously never recommend this LG phone to anyone.
Keep your wallet safe guys, life is already expensive.