LG Optimus Vu II specs surface: same unwieldy 5-inch screen, significantly upgraded hardware
Now, we have the specs of the Optimus Vu II leak out and it’s not much different than the original in terms of its form factor, but on the inside it comes with significantly upgraded internals. First, the chip that powers the second-gen Vu is a dual-core Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 with each of the cores clocked at 1.5GHz. Next, the RAM memory is now double, at 2GB.
The Vu II is expected to run on Androdi 4.0 ICS out of the box and feature the same 5-inch screen with a resolution of 768 x 1,024 pixels. LTE connectivity is included and a 2,150mAh battery powers the jumbo phone.
We have no word yet on U.S. pricing and availability, but if we were to judge by the original, Verizon Wireless is one likely candidate that could get the new LG phablet.
source: IT Tong via Engadget
LG Optimus Vu II Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
LG Optimus Vu II
1. hung2900 (Posts: 648; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Wow. RAM 2Ghz , better than a lot of laptops!
10. hung2900 (Posts: 648; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
The article was edited. Innitially it's 2Ghz not 2GB.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3391; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
For me if this rumored HTC Nexus 5 is true, that will be a much better buy than the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
4. rihel_95 (Posts: 107; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Honestly speaking, the "unique" aspect ratio, makes the phone luk ugly..
9. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
i guess ICS is just for the prototype? no phone should launch with ICS already
8. Bfrenz (Posts: 106; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Yuck! LG R&D have to rethink about design language.
15. ChangMin2012 (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
What about the Optimus "G"angsta?
That looks Gangsta with all it's Glitter.
11. kurejikame (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
Did the first Vu not just come out? I feel like this should have been what the first one was.
12. jibraihimi (Posts: 481; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Why call this Optimus Vu 2, when they could have easily called it Optimus Vu s, becoz there's hardly any difference between this and first Vu.......... Btw I was hoping for complete overhaul of design in Vu 2 and inclusion of S4 pro processor................... But this phone really looks ugly in front of Note 2, God knows, what designers at LG are smoking to come up with this design..............
13. wolstenbeast (Posts: 25; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
HTC Droid Incredible X or Note2 if it is coming to Big Red.
14. speckledapple (Posts: 871; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
ICS?? If this is to be released anytime in the future, its a crime that it does not come with JB right out of the box. God, LG is something short sighted.