LG Optimus Vu II hands-on
0. phoneArena 09 Jan 2013, 01:33 posted on
Just like its predecessor, the LG Optimus Vu II still doesn’t have the same appeal for a handset that’s sporting a very different form factor from most things out there. In fact, it looks and feels very much like the Optimus Vu – so there’s not much of an initial attraction with it. Donning an...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zazori08 (Posts: 113; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
i dont like this. vu users, if there are any. dont upgrade. its not worth it
6. Topcat488 (Posts: 1292; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I own the Original Galaxy Note, and didn't upgrade because i love the 16:10 ratio over the 16:9 Note II. But that was easy, because updates will keep me on par with the newer Note...
But this Vu II is the exact same as its predecessor, still with ICS, same ugly (uLGy) design, a square hahahaha...
The Note is a Beautiful S-Pen & Multi-Window College Smartphone... While the Vu took the Short Bus to school... "Put your helmets on kids... You too Vu". Said the bus driver. :/
12. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Also have the original Note, and I still think Samsung should've used a 16:10 display. It should be mainstream on everything, a perfect level of horizontal and vertical ratio for work. It's not optimal for movie viewing, but you're not gonna do that on your phone. Admittedly though, I watch a lot of movies on my Note xD
16. JGuinan007 (Posts: 659; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Updates? N7000, or I717? The I717 won't get JB til march with AT&T if it gets updated at all, and the N7000 won't get JB til Feb and that's it you won't see Key Lime pie unless you go XDA and get AOSP and then you lose all the TW features of the Note like use of the S-pen.
18. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
That's fine. Samsung's already doing more than enough with Jelly Bean. I remember when my Note was a slow mess back with gingerbread, but now (yeah I do use Jelly Bean, albeit the leaked stable version) it runs beautifully, if you can handle a few bugs that were ALWAYS there xD. It's beautiful and it's only a leaked version.
19. JGuinan007 (Posts: 659; Member since: 19 May 2011)
A leaked JB for I717 or international N700?
2. nard0207 (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Ugly and its nearly square shape will make it difficult to hold.
3. abdane (Posts: 491; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
yea it is ugly... and ICS ??? WHY ? i thought there will be a competitor to the note... apparently not...
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1945; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The vu2 is so wide, some users might like that for their viewing experiences but it won't be much easy to operate with your hand compared to droid dna/s3
5. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3483; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Garbage. This phone hardly seems to have any improvements over the original. DOA for sure.
7. MusicianMod (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Guys, you don't know what you are talking about…
I just switched to this phone from the Galaxy S3 after a lot of consideration! I live in Korea now, where all models are readily available. They sold about 2 million of these here already, it's very popular with guys (also women like it), but I think it's pretty guyish compared to the Note II.
The version here comes with a beautiful textured back, the screen is wonderful, and the colors are much better, than on the Note. We get it on high-speed LTE here, and in Korea that means an average DL/UL speed of 38Mbps/26Mbps.
I have two phones at any given time (get iPhones from work, Android for personal), and I have experience with more phones, than I care to admit… I just love this phone.
8. Topcat488 (Posts: 1292; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Good that you like it Dude... But don't say we don't know what we're talking about, because WE can see that it's a UGLY phablet... Because you live in Korea maybe you want to support it, but DUDE, it's a square... lol.
13. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I am using optimus lte2 and I think the design of the phone is hundred times better than galaxy s3 and note 2. the problem of vu 2 is not square. and I don't even support LG although I am Korean. I only like HTC
22. mrjamesdean5 (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Do you know where can I buy it? I'm from Mexico
9. redmd (Posts: 1077; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
This is very popular in Korea, I see it as much as I see Samsung Galaxies. I dont really get the hate. Anyway I hope they release jellybean already.
14. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
since optimus g 's jellybean is leaked it won't take long time to see vu 2 with jb
23. mrjamesdean5 (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Do you know where can I buy it? I'm from Mexico
15. cncrim (Posts: 654; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Ugly phone, maybe Korean see something but the rest of the world find it strange.
17. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1853; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It's too wide I think... It will be hard to hold for average users.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I prefer THE LG NEXUS. This one is FUGLY