LG Optimus LTE2 breaks cover: the first phone with 2GB of RAM
0. phoneArena 04 May 2012, 01:54 posted on
The LG Optimus LTE2 is a monster phone, but while we all anticipated the Samsung Galaxy S III, the Optimus LTE2 came out of the blue and struck us with specifications…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
R.I.P galaxy s3 if this is true :(
3. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Looks like LG has kicked some butt here. . .
15. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
This is undoubtedly a surprise. If it has a quad-core or an S4 chip then it's really gonna be a contender for the smartphone crown. Couple this with a Camera better than 8MP, and the TrueHD screen and this will surely be a tough phone to beat.
17. yt6nin (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
And a really large battery to power the phone for at least 12hrs...
16. yt6nin (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
When I saw the headline, I was about to have an org***!!! Disappointed that if true, LG's going to be setting the stones for a true, high-end smartphone, something with 2GB of RAM and a minimum dual-core. I was hoping for Samsung to at least bump up the RAM, out in a higher MP rear and front camera, change the display tech... I also like the boxier phone design of the LG's than the way too curve SGIII... LG's planning on having a wireless charging system wh/Samsung is bringing us... Android market is really competitive amongst themselves... The Android OS is fragmented along w/the various manufacturers and their phones supporting Android...
24. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
No offense guys, but the Motorola Atrix was one of the first with 1GB RAM and Dual Core and it still kinda sucked because of the UI (at first, not anymore by 2.3) so LG needs to show something to us first before we start with this hype again. LG Optimus 2X sucked for me.
and what's up with all the SGS3 hate? It's an upgrade to the SII, not the Nexus and Samsung has really done a good job with Touchwiz and all that. When the SII came out, there was not much hype and fun over it but give it time and you'll see the full potential. It may not be the phone for geeks like us, but I'm sure it will lead the way in sales and all that because everyone knows Samsung is the anti-iPhone.
28. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
LG was the first with dual core, not Motorola. Motorola might have sold it in the states first, but worldwide, LG was first
37. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i said ONE of the first lol. I know that.
69. bvalde09 (Posts: 171; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
LG always bring something new. I think they are always first bringing the new tech
4. Dejan (Posts: 17; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Now guys just hold on for a sec.WTF is this?What in the next 2 years we will have a desktop pc specs in our phones?I mean I don't say that is bad I just say it is kind-a too much....
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The SGS2 already has desktop pc specs in it. Granted, an old desktop\netbook PC, but still.
The smartphone is the new PC. Something that Apple keeps ignoring.
26. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
soon we'll have Nvidia GTX Video Cards on phones and tablets, and intel just entered the mobile world lately...
CORE i7 PHONES FOR EVERYONE.
imagine an Alienware Phone...
5. calirocker394 (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Now only if it comes with atleast a 4.5 in. then yup yup r.i.p s3
56. taz89 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol at people saying rip...watch when sale figures come out and the s3 wipes the floor with this and one x...ie not saying the s3 is the best but it certainly is the most recognised out of the android crowd....lg were the 1st with dual core and 3d and it shows being 1st doesnt mean success...serious note dont think we need quad or 2gb ram but hey why not :)
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
So much for all of that galaxy crap.
This thing will also run on S4 Pro - much better processor than the Exynos in Galaxy SIII.
Now it looks like LG and Sony will be the best androids to buy this summer..although there is so much more to a good product than just specs. But I believe they both learned their lessons.
14. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I'm awaiting what the Hayabusa has to bring to the table, yum2.
46. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yeah, me too. It's not the body of the phone, that looks nice. It's the skin they put on the favorites bar. Ew.
8. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
wat do u people think, samsung can also have taken that step but its not required, samsung wud have definitely introduced such large amt of ram if reqd............and btw before buying this optimus lte2, u shud consider the late updating track of lg, their poor cameras in their mobiles,their poor Services......
39. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
sour grapes. just cant handle the fact that LG outdid Samsung at last
53. taz89 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 03 May 2011)
s3 will sell more...lets not forget lg were also 1st to do dual core and 3d and that didnt help them much...people dont put lg and good phones together.
66. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
of cos the Samsung will sell more. Samsung has the branding and has been on android longer than LG, so naturally ppl will think Samsung is better because of its experience. and also this phone is starting out in korea only, so it will take a longer time to achieve a high sales figure
not yet, but this phone could change things
9. cGmC11 (Posts: 107; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Take note Samsung...this phone is True HD "RGB" have 2GB RAM and for the look better quality materials.
The only downside is that LG take two years updating its hansets.
13. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
let us hope LG has learned their lesson and are working on software updates furiously
11. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The real monster has been unleashed......
My brother have sucked the blood out of me saying lg is nothing and the s2 owns it and now that lg has released the s3 destroyer its my time. I love lg my first phone was prada. And samsung fans say goodbye to the best smartphone throne.
12. x7black7x (Posts: 117; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
looks like a brick
will weight around 145gm (imo)
EVERGREEN bad software from lg
and who told you that s4 is better than exynos
thise of u whi think its a great phone are airheads
what u will do of 2gb ram
1.2 gb ram was enough for todays standards
25. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
1.2 gb RAM is enough at present.
But with 2 gb of RAM, your phone will last much longer and you won't have to replace that frequently.
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's not try browsing oh dolphin hd opening
3 tabs after 10 minutes u have used 470 mb
And it force closes due to not enough ram ...
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well much better than ugly curve design
U must not like style looks like u prefer unstriking
This reminds me ov
18. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
So lg are still in the game.looking better than samsung now really innovative
54. taz89 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 03 May 2011)
putting 2gb in a phone is not innovative...lol huawei or pantech could put in 2gb if they wanted.
19. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Well it certainly looks less ugly and more appealing than the Galaxy 3. Well done for the 2GB RAM
21. garz_pa (Posts: 152; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
It may have 2GB RAM, but it doesn't mean it can surpass the processing power of the sIII.
33. medicci37 (Posts: 554; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Will probably have the same processor as the US version of the sg3. So it probably will be more powerful. Definitely won't be as disappointing !!!!!
36. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
even if it cant beat the processing power (which we still dont know), the LG will beat the GS3 in multitasking
70. garz_pa (Posts: 152; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Who does heavy multi-tasking on a phone? Yes, this LG looks promising, but design-wise it looks so....... dull. And boring. At least the iPhone 4 has curves.
88. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
even if u dont, the phone will be smoother the SGS3. processing power is not everything
22. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
LG finally making the right moves! amazing phone! looks so much better than the S3. 2GB of RAM? WOOHOOOOO!!!!! and look at those specs! seems to me, LG left no stone unturned. Congrats LG!! u finally made a Samsung killer! Go LG go!!!
23. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Still won't believe till I see reviews.
27. Sleepy (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
That is the amount of RAM I have in my comp D:
30. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
it has more RAM than my com -.- my com sux!
57. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
who cares what brand it is. open up that sad little notebook and increase its ram..its normally pretty easy.
90. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
apparently 2 people. and perhaps, i could be trying to say that Samsung doesn't even have the decency to put a decent amount of RAM in their own computer, what more can we expect from their phones?
92. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 227; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Are you serious? Last year everybody was whining why do I need a gb of ram my phones not a computer blah blah blah now that there's a phone with 2gb of ram a gb is no longer acceptable? No I know why many of you were dissatisfied with the actual specs of the GSIII.
This is not ironman phones are not transparent hologram projecting, 3gb of ram, 98mpx camera
And a 1080p rgb screen thin enough to slip in the crease of your door when your locked out who
ile also be made out of wolverines metalic bones don't overhype it to only be let down.
Lastly what LG phone that's come out lately was as powerful as the gs2 the revolution? Ahh doesn't matter you'll still overhype this then be pissed when you buy it.
29. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
go LG go LG go, i just hope the screen is 4,5 inch, although 4,3 inch 720p true HD IPS LCD is not by any means a bad thing!
32. medicci37 (Posts: 554; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
At least they are showing more innovation then Samsung !
40. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Is this the next samsung galaxy s2?
45. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Looks kinda like it but no that with
That ugly curves on the s2....
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This is so sexy stylist candybar design
Love this modern turns head .
47. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
pushing the hardware limits, huh ? well, samsung has done that with the GALAXY S2, and now they have moved on and they r pushing SOFTWARE limits too...........................these are the signs of a winner
and see lg is now pushing hardware limits...................
SONY is far better than LG............their phones have KILLER LOOKS, their mobile cameras r also very gud, they r gud in softwares too .....for eg. capturing photo from sleep mode in just 1.3 sec.......... they are creative too like the transparent strip in XPERIA NXT SERIES and color changing strip in xperia u...............imo sony is gonna get past samsung in 2013
49. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
samsung hasnt pushed any hardware limits with the S2. get over urself
68. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
to those tt disliked that comment: how exactly was e S2 pushing hardware limits? 1.2gHz dual core? no, we had 1.5 like a month later. a gig of RAM? had tt before. 8MP camera? already have it. 4.3'' screen? done already. 8.49mm thin? nth compared to the RAZR. dual core? had already. 2MP front facing camera? LG Optimus Black was first
50. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
and how exactly is Samsung pushing software limits? the eye tracking thingy? there is an app for that already (which utilizes the front facing cam, and the angle of the phone).. i forgot what its name was though
51. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
and looks, is just a matter of preference. i for one am not a big fan of the design of Sony's phones. and let us not forget, LG is an innovator. first for so many things [first full capacitive touch screen phone, first with dual core, glassesless 3D, wireless charging (hinthint: LG Revolution), quad core (LG announced it before HTC, so the title goes to LG, go google it. phonearena even said so:http://www.phonearena.com/news
/LG-Optimus-4X-HD-detailed---the-worlds-first-quad-core-phone-is-slim-and-powerful_id27167) and now first with 2GB RAM] so if it weren't for innovative companies like LG, the mobile industry would not be where it is today