LG Optimus G2 flagship may get announced at CES 2013
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Jan 2013, 07:48
Although not very probable, there's still a chance for us to see the LG Optimus G2 at CES 2013. At least that is what Digitimes reports, but while we'd love to see LG's next super-phone in just a few days, we have to admit that we're not at all convinced that this will happen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. PhenomFaz posted on 03 Jan 2013, 09:34 2
s4 prime? what is the power on that thing and what do the benchmarks read?
9. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:10 0
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:19 0
LG teases its CES 2013 announcements with video trailer:
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Jan 2013, 08:05 4
5" with minimal bezels in overall dimensions somewhere between Samsung Galaxy S III and LG Nexus 4 I think it is ok, but 5.5" I think it would be too big even with minimal bazels. (At least for me.)
4. Berzerk000 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 08:17 2
Not anymore, I guess. Good for us :) We all know LG's custom UI needs it... lol
5. Nathan_ingx posted on 03 Jan 2013, 08:26 1
Need i add that 1080p resolution seems very probable??
6. lallolu posted on 03 Jan 2013, 08:36 1
This is not very probable since the optimus G has not even launched in Europe.
10. GALAXY-STORM posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:13 2
If this is true, what would be the reaction of those who bought lg optimus g?
11. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:15 2
So what is your suggestions for LG? To stop development for one or two years?
19. GALAXY-STORM posted on 03 Jan 2013, 12:57 1
Why would they release a successor to lg optimus g while its only 2 months since its release. Optimus g isn't available all over the globe either and moreover this would be screwing anyone who bought that.
Whatever be it, sony and lg have got 5 months to grab hold on to more market as much as possible till the arrival of sgs4.
20. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Jan 2013, 13:28 1
"Why would they release a successor to lg optimus g while its only 2 months since its release. Optimus g isn't available all over the globe either..."
With this I agree.
"...moreover this would be screwing anyone who bought that."
If you use your phone just to show off then it may be a problem for you but for normal people it shouldn't be a big problem.
If someone just want to show off, then why buy LG Optimus G, you just can buy an iPhone because it hase Apple logo on the back.
25. KParks23 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 20:55 0
The g has been out by the time this is shown at ces or mwc it will be another 4 months minimum till it comes out that's plenty of time and this phone might not even launch on the same carrier as the g bring this thing to Verizon its perfect!
24. droiddomination posted on 03 Jan 2013, 20:16 1
yes. that is what chrapple did and look how many dumb arshes buy their 2007 garbage!
26. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Jan 2013, 03:24 0
Agree, but LG can't do that because LG don't have such "iconic" brand name.
15. imkyle posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:55 5
The Optimus G is still a beast of a phone. That will surely last anyone till 2014 if you can live w/o the 1080p screen.
12. Seymur (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:17 2
It will be like S3 and Note 2.
16. ckoch125 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 11:02 2
Hopefully they don't make it so square. It made e Optimus G feel larger in hand when holding it
18. BadAssAbe posted on 03 Jan 2013, 11:40 0
It didn't feel large because its square, it felt large because it is large.
I love the square look, looks much better in a case than a rounded case
17. cretinick posted on 03 Jan 2013, 11:25 2
LG need a new designers for their Phones and softwares. The Optimus G is a great phone in specs, but is the ugliest flagship in the market, with the ugliest UI!
22. Seymur (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2013, 15:03 1
Who the hell designed their UI.
21. pslee posted on 03 Jan 2013, 14:05 0
my sister's husband is a chief engineer of the LG smartphone research team in Korea. He said this phone is releasing in Korea end of this month or early February. he was not sure when it will launch in the US. i shouldve asked him before i got my galaxy note 2 for christmas. if you guys have any inputs, i will gladly forward the message to him.
23. Phaze0085 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 15:48 0
So i guess LG through thr idea of a VU 2 out the window huh? But hey! I love any phone with a big screen. Galaxy Note 2, Huawei Ascend Mate, And hopefully the Note 3 with its 6.3" screen. Bring it on.
27. InspectorGadget80 posted on 04 Jan 2013, 09:50 0
This will be a very interested year. all 1080p HD screens while the iP5 is still small