LG Optimus G with its Snapdragon S4 CPU brings one dandy “Living Without Boundaries” experience
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2012, 21:45 posted on
And just like that folks, the LG Optimus G is all official and gunning to becoming a force to be reckoned with in the smartphone landscape. To date, this is probably the biggest and most exciting device to ever come out from the Korean maker...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
So what's in store for the 19th September event? The international version of this?
21. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Of course it's coming with ice cream sandwich while Samsung is releasing the Galaxy Note 2 with jellybean straight out the box and 3100mAh battery on the 1.6 Quadcore Exynos 4412 processor. Sorry LG you still seem to be real weak in the day to day world of technology.
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5558; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
are you seriously trash talking this phone right now? do you know how silly that makes you look?
32. darkskoliro (Posts: 953; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Not sure if ICS problem or not, but gsmarena just posted a hands on video. With that beast of specs, SWITCHING THE ORIENTATION IN STILL LAGGING. Everything is right about this phone (aside from design), but its LG :(
33. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Spec wise it is a monster....
Too bad it looks so bad. Yeah, I said it, it looks like crap. Sparkly phones are for little girls. No little girl cares about the cpu or RAM. Should have made a geek phone look tech and make the Facebook Phone sparkle.
No chance I purchase one. Can't wait till someone else matches these specs though.
35. darkskoliro (Posts: 953; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Any cpu by qualcom is pretty much going to always be on a HTC device :3
hopefully motorola too
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5558; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i still want my OMAP5 powered Motorola Nexus.
37. darkskoliro (Posts: 953; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Even TI admitted that OMAP5 is going to be a price-costly SoC... :(
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5558; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
bring it on! remember the OMAP is still Google's Reference Platform.
39. darkskoliro (Posts: 953; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Honestly though, I cant wait for a15 to rip the stage up :) Although I hope there will be no more production issues....
40. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5558; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you and me both guy, you and me both. Qualcomm is making everybody forget about TI right now.
45. Dr.Android (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Galaxy note has 4 s3 processor where this bad boy has got 4 s4 pro processors. talking like this really makes you look dumb.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
is it me or does the screen on the first picture have a yellowish tint?
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
hahahah no seriously take a look at the bottom pictures and the first one in the dudes hand.......looks kinda yellow
20. Aeires (unregistered)
Look how saturated the hands are, the camera taking the shot wasn't that good, or had the settings off.
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
well everything else was probably taken with a different camera other than the one in the LG phone......but the screen on the LG looks a tad bit yellowish if you look at it closely....
46. Dr.Android (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
it might be the effect of your computer screen
22. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Ok I see what you mean now haha your right
4. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Ok...Moto...I may be cheating on ya with this phone....lol.
5. Cha7520 (Posts: 209; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
This is going to be my next phone! Hello Verizon LTE+
6. Mightymack (Posts: 73; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
Sheeh. I feel guilty for getting my Nexus 2 months ago now.. Too many options coming out now!
15. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
You should not. There will be more options and better technology with time. It doesn't mean we should put of our purchases for that something better. Today's flagships will be dwarfed by H1 2013's which will be again ridiculed by those of H2 2013 and so on. On a side note, however, what is Nexus 2?
19. nyuvo (Posts: 72; Member since: 10 May 2012)
By "nexus 2 months ago" he means he bought the current galaxy nexus - two months ago.
23. OSFantasma (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
yeah but the way he wrote it kinda make me think the same thing.. he need some kind of pause lol.... may be a comma...
31. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
no nexus will get key lime pie before any of these clowns.
my gnex got jelly bean within 10 hours of launch
9. kurejikame (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
ICS??? Really? I hope that's not true. At this point, I think it should be coming with Jb.
10. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Nice to see companies try to make multi tasking better or focus on it more.
Now THIS....is what you call innovation......stepping the game up. Not calling no names...lol.
27. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Making improvements to an existing technology is not really "innovation."
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3943; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This thing is a beast, but I still don't enjoy LG's UI. Also, the Crystal Reflection finish makes it look bedazzled...
14. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I did think the GS3 was a lil too long n wide. I might have to just accept it with this phone.
16. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like the design, the back side I guess is to Motorola Kevlar.
17. Ravail (Posts: 181; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Only thing i have with LG is their support for their devices, not that great in my opinion. Ill stick with Samsung :)
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5558; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
take note you guys because this is the first time in the history of owning Android Smartphones that your King actually wants another Comapny's phone more than the newest, cutting edge Motorola. this is at the top of my list right now and will probably be the phone i get unless there's an OMAP5 or S4 Pro powered Motorola Nexus around the corner or it's too expensive because i am buying off contract now.
25. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
It sure is a beast but one giant flaw is the lack of expandable storage. It's highly puzzling why you would make a phone so powerful, but not allow microSD.
29. Bfrenz (Posts: 106; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
But LG is not good at updates (international itself,no updates for carrier specific.
30. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
wait S4 is now quad core ???
am i missing something here ?
beast phone btw
34. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Lg you bitch! Stop hyping it and release it fast otherwise people will loose interest!
LG= the next RIM
41. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 156; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
This is awesome. The cross-tasking feature is incredible and much better executed than what Samsung did with the SG3
44. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 156; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
It's an Android device with great specs. It doesn't really need great software to work properly.