LG Optimus G to feature battery with longer life cycle and brighter True HD display
0. phoneArena 26 Aug 2012, 12:29 posted on
IT seems that we are learning something new about the beastly LG Optimus G every day; LG has announced that the device will have a new battery that has a longer life than others while offering a brighter display that consumes less power and both technologies came from within LG...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sid07desai (Posts: 277; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Looks like LG is finally joining the league of extraordinary smartphones.
4. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't disagree. It seems they are definitely headed in the right direction. The next step is to work on the design. LG's smartphones are some of the ugliest among the big manufacturers in my opinion.
7. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Yep! As long as they update soon and as long as you have Nova Launcher!
2. tech_lover (Posts: 25; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
LG please promote this beast phone of yours like the people at apple and samsung do then only it can surpass their phones for sure...waiting for u optimus g!!
29. redmd (Posts: 909; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
LG not only needs to update their phones but also improve their marketing strategy.
3. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Welcome to the big league LG! timely updates will be the keyword though.
5. remixfa (Posts: 14168; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
sounds great. Glad to see LG finally trying to step in the ring with samsung on a tech level. They are the only other android manufacturer that ever actually could.
The only thing that worries me is those thinner glass screens. Samsung went the same way with the SGS3, and even with gorrilla glass2 on it, it still shatters easier than the sgs2/sgs1.
If they can make it thinner without making it weaker, I'm all for it. Otherwise, leave it thicker please. lol.
If they come out and say its going to be a stock 4.1 device or that its going to be unlocked and XDA friendly, they will have my ear. No matter how awesome, if its going to be a locked/slow updated device, i'm not interested anymore.
13. jove39 (Posts: 1331; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
"Glad to see LG finally trying to step in the ring with samsung on a tech level. They are the only other android manufacturer that ever actually could"
Really? LG is only one? Never heard of HTC One X or One XL???
18. remixfa (Posts: 14168; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
can you tell me how much of the tech in ANY HTC was developed by HTC? I'll give you a hint. . none.
That LCD2 screen on the OneX is made by samsung, and the chip is qualcomm or Nvidia depending on the version. HTC, much like apple, customizes the design and the software but gets parts from everyone else.
LG and Samsung are the only 2 that make the bulk of their phone parts themselves.. For samsung they make nearly the entire thing with samsung parts (for international versions, with Qualcomm chips for US versions), LG only has to outsource for the CPU and radio.
LG has spent too much time trying to look like samsung and not enough time pushing their product tech. I'm very happy that they are starting to look like they are ready to get serious and go toe to toe on some tech levels w/ samsung.
21. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Perhaps ur forgetting a legendary. Brand.by the nane SONY ;-)
Not just it is a software tycoon like Apple
Its also a hardware player like Samsung
Making it the only company that can challenge both Apple n Samsung head to head....
22. remixfa (Posts: 14168; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
umm.. not in mobile phones. Sony doesnt make crap for the phones. Just like HTC, they are software overlay designers and phone designers. They make nothing hardware wise for android phones. Making playstations and bluray players is not the same tech as making phones.
And theyve fallen quite behind in many of their other products as well, their software and quality has been lacking for some time.
35. jove39 (Posts: 1331; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Display in HTC is made by Sony btw and soc used in PSP vita is a quad core A9 with 543MP4+...could be used in any phone as is...sony for sure know thing or two for mobile soc...now after their split from Ericsson...I hope they'll made a device to join Elite Android force :)
26. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
The S-LCD2 is actually either a Sony display (which can be either made by Sony, AUO Optronics, or Sharp. The Sony displays might be made by Samsung, might be made by Sony, no one really knows besides maybe HTC themselves.
HTC may not have any ability to make custom displays and chipsets, but they obviously know how to put all of those things together to make something good. LG has yet to actually put all of their know-how together to make a truly desirable device. Samsung has, but it's design lacks originality and the software still feels cartoony.
34. jove39 (Posts: 1331; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I wasn't comparing manufacturers...but their devices!
20. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
I still say huaweii can make phones just as good as ss. They just need to start releasing their phones in the USA, and market them a lot better. They were good with updates, but I don't know if they can keep it up with the emotion ui. And for some reason I have always been a huawei fan boy
23. remixfa (Posts: 14168; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, im glad someone is a huaweii fan boy. lol. heck, even BADA had peter.
6. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Wow, that's a lot of special features! Two thumbs up for you LG :)
8. JerzeySniper (Posts: 22; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
Yes this has caught my eye go LG always thought we need more top notch major plays in the android arena.
And League of extrodinary gentlemen was awesome, lol good plug sid07desai lol
9. FrostyDanny (Posts: 90; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
I'm not trying to Trol but this is what you call REAL innovation not the same phone for the last 3 years. Take note iphone
11. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Agree, looking very forward to this phone. Just please LG do something about your updates and UI :(
32. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i like the ui. i find it better than touchwiz
12. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I hope they will make some huge improvements in their UI or leave it to stock android .. They should improve the camera in the phone too ..
14. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
lets just hope its not all talk and the phone actually looks cool. maybe they should ask us phonearena posters for design input. i'm pretty sure we could come up with an amazing design
19. nicholassss (Posts: 358; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I'm pretty excited about this phone. Just so long as it looks good too, I could be seriously interested.
24. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I gotta say, I'm impressed from LG they've only recently started but they're catching up very quickly, Bravo L.G. :)
27. sfukr (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Jul 2010)
Would like to see this on Verizon. Wonder why only on Sprint?
30. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
What makes you think this phone will only be on Sprint? This article makes no mention of carriers.
28. redmd (Posts: 909; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
This will be my next phone if galaxy note 2 is unimpressive.
31. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Well LG has done a heck of a job with hardware but samsung and HTC have great software(touchwiz n sense) in the their phones so still due to this still LG will have tough time, until and unless they do wonder with their software.
36. anGel_pLayer (Posts: 50; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
500 charges... So after complete 500 charge cycles the battery dies?.. Sorry noob question here...
37. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It doesn't die, but you would defintely start to see some serious degradation at that point. Could anyone with more technical knowledge on the subject lend a hand?