LG Optimus G prototype images surface
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Aug 2012, 11:27
A few days ago we got a hold of some leaked specs for the upcoming beast, rumored to be the LG Optimus G. Now, AndroidMX has gotten a hold of some photos of the prototype...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RamyRamz69 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 11:35 2 13
I just don't get it. Why the hell would you want a quad core krait chip in your phone? Tegra 3 can dual boot Android and Windows.
In my opinion Dual Core Krait is more than enough. Google Nexus S runs INCREDIBLY fast with a single Cortex A9 chip and 512 MB of RAM. If LG included the normal dual core krait chip in this phone, I bet the price would be lowered atleast 15%.
4. Yummy posted on 25 Aug 2012, 11:37 15 0
Well I see it this way, it is better to have it then not to have it.
9. RamyRamz69 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 11:59 1 11
Eh, I would rather not pay an extra 15% or so just because I want something that I don't need. Same thing goes for my TVs and Laptops.
11. Corpsemaker posted on 25 Aug 2012, 12:06 12 1
Well, the more choices the better....The people who want to pay the premium can.
27. Jasonhunterx posted on 25 Aug 2012, 14:34 1 0
Stop with that Broke talk
29. Heatfan316 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 17:31 0 0
Lg already has a phone with a Tegra 3 in it so what the hell are you talking about, plus s4 significantly more powerful then the Tegra 3 bro and I'm sure the s4 pro will dual boot too especially since it's a Qualcomm processor.
14. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 12:37 0 0
It's to help with future updates. Yes, the dual Krait can run just about anything, but it might not be as smooth when the next version of Android comes out. And the Nexus S did run incredibly fast; past tense. When the ICS update rolled out, it was very laggy.
18. RamyRamz69 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 13:24 0 3
1.LG didn't update their Optimus 2X to ICS, you expect them to update this?
2.I am talking about Nexus S on Jelly Bean
21. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 13:44 0 0
I thought it is going to get the update, just in certain countries? And even so, I would certainly hope they would update this. The Optimus 2X wasn't exactly the best Android phone. Yes, it was the first dual-core, but it had a lot of bugs because well, LG is LG.
Also, the Optimus 2X released with Froyo, so the fact that it was updated twice (in some countries) is pretty nice, considering that a most devices only get 1 year of support unless it's a Nexus.
I've actually never seen the Nexus S run Jelly Bean, but I can guess from Project Butter it made it a lot better than the ICS update it got.
15. darac posted on 25 Aug 2012, 12:38 0 0
To use your phone as a game console and a desktop computer replacement?
It's just a matter of hooking it up to HDTV and accessories (wirelessly), and side-loading Ubuntu
17. lilg29 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 12:43 0 0
People on here tend to complain about how LG is lagging behind, Im happy LG is trying to get up with the big boys because for me they tend to be really reliable until their phones get outdated by other better ones. maybe with this phone, after a few updates and maybe some rooting and adjusting this could be a really great phone.
31. neutralguy posted on 25 Aug 2012, 20:46 0 0
It's called future-proofing my friend. You don't want to change your phone every now and then, do you? Why have a dual core if a quad core is existing? It makes your devices future-proof for the future iteration of Android OS which will most probably, need a higher specification for it to run smoothly.
37. sid07desai posted on 26 Aug 2012, 12:47 1 0
yeah but Apple will sue LG. This one's rectangular.
5. KParks23 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 11:49 4 4
That thing is UGLY!! I hope the phone looks nothing like the prototype
38. nicholassss posted on 26 Aug 2012, 21:46 1 0
it looks good from the front, but the back... eeek.
6. spiderpig2894 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 11:50 0 0
the looks of the camera is making my mind say "Is that a 13MP camera?"
because the looks and size is like a 3MP sensor. For me..
8. spiderpig2894 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 11:54 1 0
specs are quite futureproof but design? disaster. i hope it will get better to the final product
22. Non_Sequitur posted on 25 Aug 2012, 14:02 1 2
Son of a bitch!! Why is this not a Nexus? LG's s**tty skin ruins it!
16. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 12:41 0 0
This is a beast on paper, but... LG, why must you make such unappealing devices? I mean really, a lot of LG devices sound amazing on paper, but when it actually comes out, but when it comes to the actual release... Not so much.
25. KingKurogiii posted on 25 Aug 2012, 14:21 0 0
at least they got rid of the tacky prada textures for this one.
33. KingKurogiii posted on 25 Aug 2012, 22:22 0 0
i don't think it's so bad. it's definitely LG which is no complement i'm afraid but i definitely didn't like that prada.
35. u-suck-more posted on 26 Aug 2012, 00:11 0 0
the PRADA was not a bad looking handset imo
36. KingKurogiii posted on 26 Aug 2012, 00:34 0 0
i just think their smartphones aren't the most attractive.
34. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Aug 2012, 23:18 0 0
LG needs a new designer as well... What is up with them?
19. imkyle posted on 25 Aug 2012, 13:26 1 0
Galaxy Nexus with Jellybean is fast enough for me :)
26. KingKurogiii posted on 25 Aug 2012, 14:22 0 0
yeah, i just got my mom one. i'll probably flash MIUI 4.1 on it after she gets a feel for what it's like stock.
20. A.aoudi posted on 25 Aug 2012, 13:44 1 0
Pretty impressive looks like my 4x HD will not remain flagship for long.
23. jibraihimi posted on 25 Aug 2012, 14:05 0 0
After a long while I'm excited for smartphone from LG................. Hope this time they are able to give complete package, and not just the title of first phone with S4 pro chipset............
24. jamvts posted on 25 Aug 2012, 14:20 0 0
oh LG wait wait............are you infringe apple patents
edge to edge glas etc etc
think think -- you may find something (in general terms we call it rediculous but u can call these patents)
but dont worry unless u will be big enough.... apple don't have problems
30. osanilevich posted on 25 Aug 2012, 19:51 0 0
LG better release a new UI with the phone, I hate their current one. But aside from that, this is one of the first LG phones I ever considered purchasing