LG Optimus G coming to Sprint and AT&T
0. phoneArena 03 Oct 2012, 17:00 posted on
With LG confirming last month that its top shelf LG Optimus G would be coming to the states in Q4, the Korean manufacturer also announced that AT&T and Sprint will be each getting the phone with the former to receive the model with an 8MP camera and the latter receiving the variant with a 13MP camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
31. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
its a good phone but nothing special.. the feature phone will also have this cpu lol the note 2 features kicks optimus g´s ass and the lg software is not the best optimus g with ics? samsung has managed to bring the note 2 after a short time of the rls of jb on the note 2
a lot of lg phones are not getting jb or ics xD
yep but the optimus g is still a very good phone but as i said nothing special..
34. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In most parts I agree with you but actually there is two really special things about this smartphone:
2) Battery with new chemicals.
53. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
hmm i personaly like the amoled more than the other technology displays..
and we will see in tests how the batterylife will be
anyways.. im looking forward to this phone to read some tests but i will go for the note 2
in my opinion the most complete phone at the moment it has anything of everything :D
phone of the year 2012
but i respect the people who says that the note is too big :-)
sry 4 my english
59. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"hmm i personaly like the amoled more than the other technology displays.."
I prefer LCD based screens over OLED based screens. OLED based screens has more disadvantages than advantages and those disadvantages are pretty essential.
But yes, everyone is free to decide what is better for them. :)
"and we will see in tests how the batterylife will be"
Yes, we will see test results, but this new battery is not about capacity, it is about longer lifespan (more charging cycles).
"but i respect the people who says that the note is too big :-)"
Yes, agree, for my choice Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is also to big.
"sry 4 my english"
It is ok, my English is also away from perfect. :)
57. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Maybe in benchmarks, not sure about that, but in real life user experience, Exynos would be buttery smooth especially when combined with some Jelly Bean goodness!
4. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I don't like LG but I am impressed with this device. Well done LG n best of Luck
5. CWBAlfredo (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This bad boy or One X+? What do you guys think?
9. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Tbh wait for HTC's 5 inch 1080p monster.
SoC wise LG is better than the OneX+ but tbh I think OneX+ is looking very very enticing in every other aspect...
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm also have the same dilemma but I will wait for more news about new Nexus smartphones. :)
7. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Normally LG doesnt appeal to me.. but i must say this is impressive.
16. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
So not getting the one from Sprint (yeah right ;P)
19. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Lets list some more specs
Smaller, thiner and narrower than the GS3
Quadcore in the states that is faster than GS3 with 2GB of ram
1st device with WIFI direct steaming :)
Glass on front and back
28. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Bad history about support:) That's the main reason:)
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Agree, it is also mine reason, but at the moment I don't see the any other reason to not like LG. :)
36. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I got the lg thrill a while back, and it was enough to stear me away from lg forever more.
41. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Battery life was turrrrible. Worst I've ever encountered, even with extended batteries + extra batteries it was bad. On top of that, poor dev support + poor carrier support, it never saw past 2.2 when I had it, not sure if it has gone further than that now. The camera and 3d display was awesome, but overall a terrible user experience IMO.
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm just asking because I want to buy new smartphone and at the moment I'm between HTC One X + and LG Optimus G also waiting for more news about new Nexus smartphones. Thanks for reply. :)
+1 for you.
42. The_Innovation (Posts: 610; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Can somebody please explain to me what the goddamn point is to have a 8mp camera for AT&T?
*waiting for the reveal of the Nexus phones*
58. BabyWade (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
The 8mp camera doesn't have a bulge on the back like the 13mp camera.
60. The_Innovation (Posts: 610; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I'm fine with the bulge, I would prefer better quality over small bulge.
45. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I may have to look at the LG OPTIMUS G. the last LG phone i used to have was the VU.
46. JBurd3 (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Optimus or Note II???? decisions decisions... Havent LG phones sucked balls??? Anybody know??? I've have literally ZERO experience with LG phones
50. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 526; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
"32GB of native storage which can be expanded to 80GB using the microSD slot on the phone"
The maths is wrong here. 32GB + 64GB = 96GB, to get 80GB would require a 48GB SDcard which would be an odd amount to support. Or alternatively there is only 16GB on board + 64GB SDcard = 80GB.
More important though, all the "first hands on" videos floating around show only a sim card slot and no SDcard slot, and there was an interview done with the designer who stated they purposely didn't include the SDcard slot but I can't remember the reason, probably something about style or design asthetics or something like that.
52. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I would like the phone more if it had a 2600+mah battery. It would throw it on my radar for sure.
54. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Woah coming to Sprint? That is amazing! I would so get it if I still had an upgrade available. Darn~
55. cGmC11 (Posts: 142; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
The screen of the pictured phone says 10/21/2012!
...that's the release day?
56. skymitch89 (Posts: 1302; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Seems like a good device, but I'm still considering the Note 2 as my next device.